Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by DaStoned
Password bugs in 3.7.4.5 on a Lumia 920 with all WP8 updates installed.
  • On signup page, passing a 12 character password with caps and symbols will result in error message "Invalid email address". Now that's helpful. Dropping back to a 8 character password without symbols allows signing up. The email address has nothing to do with it, and is definitely valid.
  • Logged in via web site, changed the password to 12 characters. After that login fails in web and in app. Reset password back to 8 characters. Login with 8-char password succeeds in web, still fails in app (Settings - Account & Login - Username & Password gives an error message "Login Failed: Wrong login details"). I'm a bit confused now.
  • Login via app starts succeeding after some 5-6 attempts
DaStoned
Send a message

Post by davephx
As of about noon 10/29/2015 it appears WAZE no longer works with WP 8.1 (Have 1520 which I love).

Worked fine until 10/29. Uninstalled and reinstalled... crashes on opening.

On other forums others are reporting this also.

Too bad WAZE appears to no longer support WP. I have used Android and IOS, but much prefer WP.
davephx
Send a message

Post by davethebrave
ridiculous.... no update for Windows Phone.....
I have loved this app on Android and I will continue to do so with Windows Phone

please keep update the app for windows Phone!
davethebrave
Send a message

Post by David_7f
I have had the same problems:
1. No voice directions
2. No readable messages in my WAZE Inbox - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
3. Sporadically, Waze simply shuts downs immediately after starting it.

I have had these problems for at least 6 months.

Waze is a great idea & has some great features, but these are fatal errors. I can no longer recommend the App until it is fixed. Google you are big enough to fix these problems.
David_7f
Send a message

Post by David_7f
4. The "Gas" function has NEVER given prices.
David_7f
Send a message

Post by DavidAbarca
Windows version is not developed any more

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by DavidAbarca
It's not like that, it's more like Waze being a small team and keeping up maintenance and development of windows version it's hard and there are not many users (compared with Google and iOS) that's why they stop

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by ddakota6009
I know google bought Waze. But come on guys work with people here. Waze is an amazing nav app. I use Waze almost every day. Even for just running around town. I'll probably get the same response here as I do anywhere else I ask this question, that would be silence. I have asked several times and I get no answer. I think once I got an email telling me to update my app and gave me instructions on how to do it in the Play store. I just would like an answer. I don't know the actual build but I swear its Waze 1.1 . I haven't seen an update since I downloaded Waze however many years ago. So any glimmer of hope of an update for window phone would be awesome I would even take a response of your S#+t out of luck.
ddakota6009
Send a message
Last edited by ddakota6009 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Deg0o
fakawi wrote:Hi!
Thanks Waze for coming to WP!
I noticed that I can only view the map with the phone (nokia lumia 925) in portrait orientation, not in landscape.
cheers!
Cheers indeed!

Same problem on Samsung Ativ S under WP8; Waze won't switch to landscape mode. Tried also after a reboot, same issue.

See ya!
Deg0o
Send a message

Post by denispage
It's a shame to see google buy the company and act like an 'evil' with the slong 'don't be evil'.
Sad to see new Google becoming the old Microsoft and the new Microsoft becoming the old google.
denispage
Send a message