Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Ritsikas70 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:41 pm

btw - where do You get 3.7.6 versioon ? My is 3.7.4.5 (freshly installed again from store).

And yes, this thing makes You phone darning hot :twisted: . Even on car charger (powerfull enough to feed my Ipad) phone discharges faster than charges...
This is on WP 8.1 on HTC 8X, today morning udated WP to 8.10.12393.890 , so lets see.
Ritsikas70

Postby jonasv » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:34 am

once again, same bug, but not able to get rid of it.

While driving, I checked other routes... it crashes, and when you open Waze again, it closes.
Restart phone doesnt work.. Had to remove battery :(
jonasv

Postby UberGadgetFreak » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Facebook login issue - Ive been able to repro this issue on a Lumia 520, 920 and 1520 - it kicks back to waze. The workaround is to log in on another non-WIndowsPhone device and link your IDs there until Waze is updated to support the new SSO model in Windows Phone 8.1.

Also, it's interesting to see how they are using the Hub/Swipe model. There is no requirement to use the ModernUI elements on Windows Phone. They could completely bypass this entirely to make it behave more like it does on Android and iOS (case in point - check out the 7-Eleven app on Windows Phone - identical across all 3 platforms. If they can do it, Waze can, too).
UberGadgetFreak

Postby Vatbub » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi there once again.
Just to bring everybody up to date who wants to post answers in the future.
Issues we were already talking about some pages ago:
No landscape mode
No Facebook integration
No groups integration (replaced right now by football teams)
High Battery consumption
No possibility of gas price updating

Furthermore, I recommend to post feature suggestions in the UserVoice-Forum since the Waze staff is not really reading this forum.

Lionelpc wrote:I'm using waze on a Lumia 625.
I'm missing a feature that allow me to record incidents of any kind later on the map.

That issue has already been discussed here. As you can see the suggestion has been declined by the Waze staff to prevent people from spamming the map.

Greetings,
Vatbub
Vatbub

Postby raiqz » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Ritsikas70 wrote:btw - where do You get 3.7.6 versioon ? My is 3.7.4.5 (freshly installed again from store).

i have a same question - where to get 3.7.6?
raiqz

Postby jameseallen81 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Vatbub wrote:Hi there once again.
No landscape mode
No Facebook integration
High Battery consumption

Furthermore, I recommend to post feature suggestions in the UserVoice-Forum since the Waze staff is not really reading this forum.

I'm missing a feature that allow me to record incidents of any kind later on the map.

That issue has already been discussed here. As you can see the suggestion has been declined by the Waze staff to prevent people from spamming the map.

Greetings,
Vatbub

This is useful I didn't know of it's existence!
jameseallen81

Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby hidegandras » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Regarding the groups, I noticed that if I opened the link from the World Cup message the groups were available, so it seems that this is feature is present in the app, they just forgot to include it in the menu section.
Waze on iPhone 5s on Digi.Mobil
Area manager - Târgu-Mureș
hidegandras
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby TWSchroeder » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:39 pm

Vatbub wrote:Hi there once again.
No landscape mode
No Facebook integration
High Battery consumption

Greetings,
Vatbub

I have a Windows Phone, Lumia 920, and began searching this forum to see if my issues were already known. I have been frustrated with trying to update gas prices and connect to facebook. The list above seems to be fairly comprehensive of the Windows Phone issues, but perhaps not. Anyway, I also searched the wiki-waze for a comprehensive list of known issues. I don't think one is there. Here is the main wiki-waze page for Windows Phone, and I'd like to begin a discussion on whether or not "we" can add a section to the forum for known Windows Phone issues. That would allow everyone to stop searching pages on this forum and repeating this issues, and allow us to direct users to that section on wiki-waze as well the waze developers.

Here is the wiki-waze page for Windows Phone:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Windows_Phone_User_Manual

Thank you.
"Those" roads are nearly impassible and barely jackassable.

I think it says a lot about an editor to view how often they thank others.

ImageImage
Area Manager | Rectangle from South Solon to Wilksville https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=z-9VIwoSNH-Y.kQvN7jGxVpOo
TWSchroeder
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Uturnaroun » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:50 pm

I've been using Waze almost daily on a Lumia 620 with WP8.1 and there are numerous bugs. I'm surprised no one else has brought these up yet (unless they have, but I didn't find those posts). But in particular, the most annoying ones are:

Most of the time when I launch the app, it doesn't prevent the phone from auto locking. The only way to fix this is to go into the Waze settings and toggle the auto lock switch off and back on again.

Often times when I report something, the spinning loading icon will appear on the screen as normal. However, after the report submits, the loading icon stays on the screen. I can see the "you've got 6 points" message appear behind it, but the loading icon never goes away until I restart the app or tap the back button. This also has happened to me when I first enter a route to navigate it and it starts to load. The route details will appear behind the indicator, but it doesn't go away like it's supposed to.
Uturnaroun

Postby daphne_n » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:26 pm

why cant i configure the voice on waze to go through my car's bluetooth like i can in iphone?
daphne_n

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App