Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Camuspam » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi all.

I'm on Windows phone. Just bought a Lumia 640.

I know support on Windows is nil, but I have got it to work on all iterations even if though it is not as good as the Android version (understatement I know).

However, I cannot get past the EULA this time.
I have two check boxes that ask for my click.
I check them, but there is no place to continue? (one for updates and the other asking that I am over 13).
I cannot scroll down or move forward in any way.

Thoughts?
Camuspam

Postby dodexahedron » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Why does this feel like yet another casualty of Google shunning the Windows Phone platform entirely?

If it weren't for the traffic rerouting that Waze offers, I'd have moved on long ago because of how little love this gets and how broken the app can be.
dodexahedron

Postby janb1981 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:45 pm

There is no (free) alternative for the dynamic rerouting functions that waze has to offer.

That's what kept me from moving on.
janb1981

Postby onematthew » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Singleaim wrote:Due to the lack of support from Waze, I've uninstalled the app from my Windows phone and I will move on.

I totally understand your frustration, and would be tempted to do the same, but I guess I'm being a bit optimistic and thinking that if I keep using Waze for WP, and others do as well, the numbers might just add up to what Waze/Google have set as a limit for support.
onematthew

Postby Singleaim » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Due to the lack of support from Waze, I've uninstalled the app from my Windows phone and I will move on.
Singleaim

Postby lloyd_a » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:27 am

Same here.
lloyd_a

Postby janb1981 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:36 am

jdavlcba65 wrote:Even when using Winphone waze app (or worth, very old blackberry one), you can be part of the community changing and correcting the maps!
that's what I am doing regularly since the very beginning I subscribed.

Quid pro quo. I'd be glad to help fixing their map again as soon as waze fix their app.
janb1981

Postby CoolCityCat » Sun May 31, 2015 9:24 am

Hi Guys!

Just letting you know that I'm also one of the *not-so-many* WinPhone users who would like Waze for WinPhones getting some love from the devs. Or if there is really no further support or updates for WinPhones then it would be wise to man up and say so. You know, just don't leave the WinPhone users hangin'...

Peace!
CoolCityCat
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jdavlcba65 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:31 am

Even when using Winphone waze app (or worth, very old blackberry one), you can be part of the community changing and correcting the maps!
that's what I am doing regularly since the very beginning I subscribed.

I am reading the waze messages I am receiving on my Email box, on the internet.
jdavlcba65
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Wizminkey » Thu May 28, 2015 4:49 pm

I'll add my name to the list of WinPhone users who would love to see some updates.

My main gripes (shared by others, I'm sure)
- No Landscape mode.
- Oftentimes when switching from LAN to cellular data, it will "Load" infinitely, like when it's calculating a new route or recalculating a current one. It then persists in this until the next app reboot. Pressing Back makes it go away, but also asks if you want to shut down Waze.
- No access to our message inbox AT ALL. The only place to see these messages is in the app, and the app attempts to connect to the wrong URL for each and every message. Which would be alright if we could see our messages on the website, but we can't because reasons.
- No voice commands? I'm assuming that's the case because I've looked up all the commands and none of them get recognized. So that means a minimum of 3 taps to report an Event.
- Speaking of reporting Events, I can only store one Event to add detail to "Later." If I add a second, the first vanishes from the left side "queue" bar area.
- This whole anti-Microsoft policy Google runs with lately. Waze loads everything up in Internet Explorer, but sits and does the spinning circle load on the actual map forever. Is there actually a reason it isn't working, or do you guys check if we're running IE and forcibly block the app from launching? I could add to this with so many of Google's owned products and how they intentionally shaft anyone using MS technology, even in non-Waze situations where it's NOT a case of "not enough users on WinPhone," but rather "we want users on OUR web browser" or mail client or whatever.
- Canadian speeds aren't being taken into account when looking at users on the app's live map. What good is a maximum users speed of "over 40 km/h"? Do you also limit US users to showing "User is driving over 25 mph"? I could probably count on my hands the number of times I've driven on a road with a speed limit of less than 50 km/h.

It's hard to be an active member of the map editing community when my phone is running software that's 18 months old, I can't read my inbox messages and no sign that this will ever change. If you guys would just SUPPORT WinPhone, you would have a HUGE and LOYAL fanbase. WinPhone may have a small install base, but we also have a small app selection. That means when we find something that's good, well-maintained and popular, we stick to it like glue.

But all you're doing is pushing people to the Nokia/Lumia/Microsoft HERE map system by telling them Waze on WinPhone will probably be broken one day by a change to the core backbone services and nobody is going to bother fixing it because there are only thousands of users instead of millions, or whatever metric you use to justify it.

(Is your WinPhone team, if it even exists anymore, not aware of how easy it is to build multi-platform apps with shared code libraries? Or that WinPhone 10 will be able to run Android and iOS apps with little to no extra work by the developers?)
Wizminkey
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App