I'll add my name to the list of WinPhone users who would love to see some updates.
My main gripes (shared by others, I'm sure)
- No Landscape mode.
- Oftentimes when switching from LAN to cellular data, it will "Load" infinitely, like when it's calculating a new route or recalculating a current one. It then persists in this until the next app reboot. Pressing Back makes it go away, but also asks if you want to shut down Waze.
- No access to our message inbox AT ALL. The only place to see these messages is in the app, and the app attempts to connect to the wrong URL for each and every message. Which would be alright if we could see our messages on the website, but we can't because reasons.
- No voice commands? I'm assuming that's the case because I've looked up all the commands and none of them get recognized. So that means a minimum of 3 taps to report an Event.
- Speaking of reporting Events, I can only store one Event to add detail to "Later." If I add a second, the first vanishes from the left side "queue" bar area.
- This whole anti-Microsoft policy Google runs with lately. Waze loads everything up in Internet Explorer, but sits and does the spinning circle load on the actual map forever. Is there actually a reason it isn't working, or do you guys check if we're running IE and forcibly block the app from launching? I could add to this with so many of Google's owned products and how they intentionally shaft anyone using MS technology, even in non-Waze situations where it's NOT a case of "not enough users on WinPhone," but rather "we want users on OUR web browser" or mail client or whatever.
- Canadian speeds aren't being taken into account when looking at users on the app's live map. What good is a maximum users speed of "over 40 km/h"? Do you also limit US users to showing "User is driving over 25 mph"? I could probably count on my hands the number of times I've driven on a road with a speed limit of less than 50 km/h.
It's hard to be an active member of the map editing community when my phone is running software that's 18 months old, I can't read my inbox messages and no sign that this will ever change. If you guys would just SUPPORT WinPhone, you would have a HUGE and LOYAL fanbase. WinPhone may have a small install base, but we also have a small app selection. That means when we find something that's good, well-maintained and popular, we stick to it like glue.
But all you're doing is pushing people to the Nokia/Lumia/Microsoft HERE map system by telling them Waze on WinPhone will probably be broken one day by a change to the core backbone services and nobody is going to bother fixing it because there are only thousands of users instead of millions, or whatever metric you use to justify it.
(Is your WinPhone team, if it even exists anymore, not aware of how easy it is to build multi-platform apps with shared code libraries? Or that WinPhone 10 will be able to run Android and iOS apps with little to no extra work by the developers?)