Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Froggypwns
hamtiko wrote:Hello,

Thank you for great application.

I am also using Car Dash (http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=5c8 ... b7d4a8c652) application. Inside this application I want to run your application, but your application is not appearing inside Car Dash, the reason mentioned by Car Dash that your application is not providing URI lunch.

If it is right please add it and let them know in order to add your application inside their app, or if You want I can contact with them.
If not and you are providing URI lunch please let them or me know in order to proceed adding of Waze inside Car Dash.

Thanks in advance!
I just downloaded Car Dash, it looks like a cool app. It is working with Waze for me, when I click on a destination it fires up Waze and Waze starts navigating to it.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
stelling28 wrote:
Froggypwns wrote:Not a big deal but pressing the back button fixes it.
I'm afraid not. Screen will be gone, but I have the feeling that the calculation is then done on the phone in stead of the server. And on the phone it only looks at the shortest route, not the fasted.
I know for a fact that it still calculates the fastest route in my case. Either way if you have any doubts, hit the routes button.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Mender, Waze works great on my HTC 8X running the latest version of 8.1

I say go for it, the changes in 8.1 are amazing! :)
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
TWSchroeder wrote:I just updated my Windows phone from 8 to 8.1 I can no longer see traffic reports. If I report a problem myself, waze lets me go through all the steps, but I don't see the icons.

Yes, I have the "Show on Map" settings correct.

If anyone with an 8.1 update does not have this problem, please let me know so that I can trouble shoot elsewhere.

Thank you.
Waze works fine for me on both my HTC 8X and Nokia 521, both running their latest builds of 8.1.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
jonasv wrote:Dont have time to check the entire thread... so if I put something here thats already been mentioned.
I am sorry ;)

first of, when I take a different route,
the recalculating pop-up remains (even after finding another route) so I have to press the back button.
Als when notifying roadblocks etc, the send pop-up remains.
Here the message that thanks you for adding it (that comes over the ETA) remains (dont know how to delete that)

also when asking for different routes + clicking on the map version = closing of the app
Yep, that is a known issue, it happens to everyone. Waze is no longer developing the app so it likely will never get fixed. At least it is only an annoying bug, and does not cause crashing or anything like that.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Termato wrote:I second Gulasz' statement. I just recently found out Waze was out for Windows PHone and you all cut off support for it...already!? Barely a year. That's insane. I really want to use the app but if it's not being supported or updated, I see no point. Please reconsider supporting WP8.
It wasn't even a year. First public version came out in November 2013, with a patch a few weeks after that to address some battery drain and performance issues, then that was it. It hasn't had any updates or fixes in a year now.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
bryanabaya wrote:Am I reading this correctly or is this a typo "Windows Phone v3.7.6"?

I have looked, re-read and refreshed Windows Store and what I am seeing is my current version which is 3.7.4.5.

I am not sure if this has been posted/answered by anyone else, but does the WP8.1 version of Waze really not auto-rotating? I have tried reconfiguring its settings, but it does not seem to change the screen orientation to landscape.
The one version in the store is the correct one and the latest one, I'm not sure the number off hand, but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't match the thread title.

There is no landscape mode. The beta versions had it, but it was buggy and not ready for release, so when the public version came out it was scrapped with a promise to return in the future. That was in 2013.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
gabrielgmm wrote:Error in Windows Phone

Good Night,
The following issues exist when using the version of Waze for Windows Phone

1 - When searching for gas stations on the route, does not appear as the price of Android, this hinders the use of this functionality

2 - When doing any action, or recalculate the route in 3D mode, the mode of loading is forever and not go out, you need to return, saying he does not want to close the program to modal out

3 - When sending the route to a friend, there is only 2 options, sms or email, it is not possible to send the route to other applications like for example Whats app
1- I'm going to have to try and play around with it, I don't use the gas feature much, so I haven't noticed that.

2 - That is normal, it is a known issue, but is not likely to be fixed anytime soon. At least it can be cleared out by pressing the back button.

3 - Right, they didn't get that far in development. A copy to clipboard function would have been nice so you put link it anywhere.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
gabrielgmm wrote:
Froggypwns wrote:
gabrielgmm wrote:Error in Windows Phone

Good Night,
The following issues exist when using the version of Waze for Windows Phone

1 - When searching for gas stations on the route, does not appear as the price of Android, this hinders the use of this functionality

2 - When doing any action, or recalculate the route in 3D mode, the mode of loading is forever and not go out, you need to return, saying he does not want to close the program to modal out

3 - When sending the route to a friend, there is only 2 options, sms or email, it is not possible to send the route to other applications like for example Whats app
1- I'm going to have to try and play around with it, I don't use the gas feature much, so I haven't noticed that.

2 - That is normal, it is a known issue, but is not likely to be fixed anytime soon. At least it can be cleared out by pressing the back button.

3 - Right, they didn't get that far in development. A copy to clipboard function would have been nice so you put link it anywhere.
2 - Hmm .. It is a known problem? Can I help solve? I am a developer .. I already identified that the problem does not happen when you remove all the optional view as traffic line, see other wazers, view radar, etc .. Must be something in any of these optional views ..

3 - I really like Windows Phone, I believe he should have the same facilities as the Android ..

Thank U
Nothing you can do. The Waze team is no longer developing the Windows version, so what you see is what you get.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
janb1981 wrote:
RemyServices wrote: There are other, similar, products on WP and they now have my business.
Enlighten me please :). If there's a good alternative for waze on WP i'd be glad to give it a try.
If your WinPho is a Nokia, the HERE Maps app is fantastic. It doesn't have all the social stuff like police reporting, but in terms of navigation/GPS it is great.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message