Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby PyroEskimo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:38 pm

drsparks wrote:
race68 wrote:For those who can't ACCEPT terms and conditions on a LUMIA 640, just hide the Go Back / Start Button /Search icons at bottom of the screen. It's hiding the accept button.

This doesn't work...at least not in my case (640 w/ WP8GD2). There doesn't seem to be a way to hide the bacl/start/search icons. See screenshot.

I know on my HTC M8 for windows it has the arrow down to allow for the buttons to be hidden. But I believe when it isn't there you can slide either up or down close to the bar to hide it. I don't have a phone without the arrow to test it out.

hth,
PyroEskimo
PyroEskimo

Postby PyroEskimo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:20 pm

I'm another person wanting Waze on Windows Phone to continue to be developed. I was introduce to Waze on Windows phone last year and it has been my daily driver since. It works well on the Lumia 1520 and HTC One M8 I just purchased. Luckily the app functions well in its current state however additional features that match the Android and iOS versions would be greatly appreciated. Since joining I've recruited 10+ Windows Phone users to Waze.

Bring back the support!!!
PyroEskimo

Postby PSonetwo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:29 am

gerben wrote:Is anybody on GDR3 yet? In the Beta forums some users reported that the battery drain was much less on GDR3.

I updated my Lumia to GDR3 today and will test the battery drain tomorrow.

I am on a Lumia 520 that is on GDR3 (but not Nokia Black, using a Preview for Developers account). I do NOT experience any battery drain with Waze running while charging. It even charges up to 100% while Waze is running (at a rate around 35-55%/hr). Had it on for about 2 hours one drive. Did not get too warm and when I took it off the charger, it was at 100%.

Do not know what kind of charger I am using. All I know is it is a typical micro-USB to 12V outlet Walmart charger. I'll check the amps when I get a chance.

Otherwise this was my last remaining "wish-list" app coming from Android/iOS world to WP8!

EDIT: Requesting the use of a Live Tile option like the Android Widget. Something that can show current commute times to work/home (based on where I am at)
PSonetwo

Postby Propani » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:18 pm

slerched, you say WP isn't popular ... it's the quikest growing platform. Why do you think Google tries to block it ... and even then, we will become with more and more :-) Actions from 'Google' like this have just the opposite effect and are just making the WP family stronger and stronger (and the apps that are created for Window Phone just better and better). Ok, maybe it will not be the Waze app, but most likely an other app (Here+). But yes, it's stupid a company will likely loose it's front position this way. I know one thing for sure. I was an Android user ... and I'll never go back.
Propani

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6

Postby Proffa71 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:44 pm

Well I know that Waze has not been planning to update WP app anymore but situation may change now because of recent HERE announcement. At least I hope so, now Waze would have perfect chance to get more users. Death of WP is not certain yet even though many try to say it is, W10M has just come available so it's future is still unwritten and it has quite many advantages over rivals.

Even though I think Waze is great it's not even near of being important enough to be the reason for changing to Android (or iOS), I know too well what problems and limitations Android has and I don't like iPaid devices at all. I change to Windows Maps or some other navigation software that isn't Google dependent then and also stop using any Google service as much as possible, there are alternatives to it's services. WP is my choice and it will remain so.
Image Image ImageImage
Proffa71
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Proffa71 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:28 pm

Ok, issue seems to be fixed now. App started with announcement of language download, needed to login after it and seems to work OK now. Seems that there are fewer voices available now so maybe that was the cause? Will be interesting to see if the routing works OK once I hit the road again :)
Image Image ImageImage
Proffa71
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Proffa71 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:51 am

I just wonder why so many app developers do not support WP anymore. In my opinion they are very shortsighted. W10M is coming soon and if it can do what it claims (same app view and usability on PC, tablet and phone) Windows marketshare will start to increase quite rapidly.

Why'? "Human is an lazy animal". If you can do the same thing easier than on other ways you will, in the end, select it. If you can have for example same mail app on PC and phone and with same features I think many will be very interested of it instead of using different apps/programs on every device ;)

Edit:
Of course if W10M does support Android apps there will be no problem once it is available. But Waze will lose users before it if current app does not work OK.
Last edited by Proffa71 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image ImageImage
Proffa71
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Proffa71 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Mrjames1970 wrote:same issue as above post...waze crashes at start of app. windows 8 phone, have uninstalled and reinstalled still have same issue. did notice a map tile update from waze server 10/28/15 maybe this caused the issue ? any help ? is this the right thread ?

Map update might explain this... I've also had some weird routing problems on last few months and in Live Map those routings work just fine so it might be related to this...

Well, if issue doesn't get fixed and Waze (Google) thinks people will change phone platform because of it they're wrong. At least I will definitely stop using this rather than changing away from WP. I like Waze but not that much that I would tolerate Android phone for it ;)
Image Image ImageImage
Proffa71
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Proffa71 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:21 pm

App started suddenly crashing at startup, map comes visible and then it crashes. Phone reboot and app reinstall did not help. Anyone else having same problem?
Image Image ImageImage
Proffa71
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Proffa71 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:21 pm

I've been using Waze for about 6 months now and I like it very much. I've also participated to map editing a bit (10k edits). App worked fine on Symbian phone and somewhat OK now in Windows Phone. There are just 2 main problems for me, when routing the blackened screen often stays on top so you have to press back to get rid of it. The other is that Waze does not keep phone screen always open if just driving without route. Otherwise OK, funny part is that Symbian app was on quite many features better than WP app.

I find it very disturbing that Google wants to fight other platforms with tactic like this, trying to force users to change to other platform. I don't like iPaid devices at all and what I've helped my friends with Android's I will not take those either, even if I liked their design and logic which I don't. Last straw on Android was then copying phone numbers from/to Nokia worked fine but to other Android, not a chance, not even with Gmail or Kies, just email addresses transferred. Tried even to use 3rd phone in the middle, no help. So in the end my friend had to punch 357 numbers manually to new phone's memory...

For me all this means that when Waze app comes unusable in WP I'll stop using it, once and for all. There is no way I will change to either supported platform mentioned before, unless WP dies completely and even then I would try to find alternative. And I know many other users that agree with me.
Image Image ImageImage
Proffa71
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App