Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby omba_de » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:55 pm

RansomV wrote:...
The problem is, that when I did get back on the route, it had lost the ability to tell me when I was going to reach my destination.

If you don't get an ETA in the lower black box, waze/your phone has no data connection.
If you are positive that data connection was available, close and restart waze the next time.
No ETA means no data is available...
CM-Austria

Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby omba_de » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:00 pm

As mentioned many times before...:
Actually waze isn't updating the WP version...
CM-Austria

Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby OPElly » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi.

I'm new to Waze, and am getting acquainted with the Windows version's several deficiencies: lack of voice command, inability to report gas prices, high power consumption, etc. (I also gave the manual parking pin a try, but couldn't get that to work either.)

That being the case, I'm looking forward to when there will be a new release of the Windows Phone software. Can we be notified of that when it occurs? Or can we have a place to look for an announcement?

Thanks,
OPElly
OPElly

Re: Recalculating Route Spinning Icon

Postby OPElly » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 pm

fakawi wrote:the "Recalculating Route" spinning icon layer does not disappear even after Waze has recalculated the route. Navigation continues with the spinner spinning in the foreground.
(Nokia Lumia 925)

(pressing "Back" button to shut down and then cancelling shut down will get rid of the spinner)

thanks!

I have the same problem on a Lumia 521.
OPElly

Postby OPElly » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Here's a bug I couldn't reproduce if I tried. :-)

When approaching my destination, I take a route that deviates from the Waze directions. I exit the freeway one exit sooner, and take a side street to the one my destination is on. It's a couple of blocks different, but more direct. Waze recalculates the route as I do so.

This morning, the recalculated directions instructed me to drive past my destination (which is on the corner of an intersection), continue a block beyond, then make three right turns to circle the block until I arrived again at the intersection--though on the adjoining street rather than the actual address.

I can tell Waze hasn't lost the GPS signal, since it shows the location of my car.

Cheers,
OPElly
OPElly

Postby overclockrj » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi all. Finally Waze to Windows Phone!

I'd like to avoid screen lock when running Waze. Is that possible?

kind regards from Brazil.
Daniel
overclockrj

Postby pepperjohn » Fri May 09, 2014 1:44 am

When using Waze with music at the same time (Nokia Mix Radio), the voice turn-by-turn prompts play on top of/mixed in with the music. Contrast this to the Nokia Here Maps, which mutes the music while prompting. I prefer the latter, as it is much easier to hear the navigation prompts, or at least if it could turn down the music volume to ensure that the navigation prompts are easy to hear.
pepperjohn

Postby Pieteryts » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Its sad to know. Due to some egocentric on certain OS, they would stop the development. First when I know waze, its like "Wow! Its a whole lot better. Finally I can replace my gmaps". Right now, I'm thinking "Geez, fortunately I haven't uninstall gmaps".
I have done some in waze (by driving, provides hazard, traffic issue, and many else. Including map editing), And I think I stand by with all WP Waze users. We need constant support.

If you decided to help, please update the apps constantly as in the android versions and iOS versions. If not, please withdraw the apps from the market and announce it that Waze is a no go for WP. Its a lot better that way.

We might in the end see Waze+ or any other mutation on the market. Hahaha.
Pieteryts

Postby Pitikoa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:13 am

Hi Everyone :)

moving from a android phone to a brand new Lumia, I'm very disappointed to discover the Waze v. 3.7.4.5 for France :
- no landscape mode
- no facebook connection
- graphics compare to the android version seems very aged

So I hope the developement of this great app on WP is not dead 'cause I still want to use it - so far 20K kms make with the Waze help.
Waze on Lumia 535
Pitikoa

Postby PJStocker » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:35 pm

:D
brighcj wrote:First let me thank the Waxe crew for releasing the WP8 Version of waze today!

Dies the WP version lack voice recog for reporting? I can't find any settings for it. I guess I find that odd, because that's singularily the biggest importance to me on this app. It strikes me as an odd feature to lack, considering how well tell-me is integrated into other, less important and lesser apps. I figured voice recog would be a given. :/

is there a timeline for when this feature will be added?

not trying to whine, just expressing concern for a feature. Again thanks! :)

The instructions say to go to voice commands, but this does not show up on the settings list as it does in the instructions
PJStocker

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App