Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby wheyza » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:44 am

Come on waze.... update for Windows phone
wheyza

Postby whenindoubt_c4 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:18 am

I primarily use a Samsung Galaxy Note III but I had to send it out for repairs, well durring this time I used a Nokia Lumia 520 and was very disappointed that I couldn't update gas prices in my area and that I couldn't check in with Foursquare like I usually do. I really appreciate how much Waze for Android and iOS do after having to use the Windows Phone Client, But I really hope they either decide to update the client or pull it off the Windows Store.
Tuolumne/Calaveras (Northern California Gold Country) Map Editor
Waze User since 2011
whenindoubt_c4
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Werewolfie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:57 am

aparallaxview wrote:Just set up my account but it appears to sign me out each time I exit and requires me log back in when I re-start the app.

I am on an HTC 8x running WP8

aparallaxview wrote:Waze is not remembering me when I go back into the app. I exit via the button and when I re-start I have to log in again...

Htc8x

I have both these problems on Nokia Lumia 925 WP8 Amber. Clearly not working as intended.

Other than that, an awesome app. That's why I care enough to contribute. :)
Werewolfie

Postby VulcanRide » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Waze team,

If you don't want WP users then tell them! If you don't support them then you won't have to worry about them being more than 1% of the user base. I recommended the app to several of my fiends and they are using iOS so they won't have a problem but I will be sure to tell them how you support the application.

I will uninstall it as soon as it stops working, yes I will still report for the other users but I will be sure and pass along how you support all (> 1%) users.

I'm a new user (<30 days) but don't think I will be a user for much longer unless you start supporting WPs.

I did like the application and the community, until it stops working.
VulcanRide

Re: Windows Mobile 10 preview - Waze stopped working

Postby Vlad69Z » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:06 am

Well, it used to work on my Lumia 830 (WM10) and stopped working like a week ago - crashing upon start. It is still working fine with Win Mobile 8.1 on my old 925.
WAZE team, please do not abandon your old time loyal users - it can not be that hard to support an app without adding new features. The one running on 8.1 is OK though looks dated, it is still the 1st choise here in Israel and in many other places. Please fix necessary APIs so that it continues running on WM10 phones - even if Win Phones share is small if you consider tablets the market is decent and growing.
Vlad69Z

Postby VinceCL » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Ha! google is threatened by Windows Phone and Microsoft. For that simple reason you will see few to no updates to any google services for Windows. google has no problem providing them for iOS because it is not a threat as a platform. They make more money from iOS than they lose. The Windows Phone platform is a threat to google and they know it and that is why they are trying to shut Microsoft out.

You have to remember, android is google, they have to do everything to protect that ecosystem. If it were to fail as a platform or be marginalized, google would be in trouble and have to revamp their business model. They may give away android, but it is a key component to their revenue stream on the backend. On the other hand, Microsoft is so much more than Windows Phone that if WP were to fail completely as a platform it would be nothing more than a write-off to them (a huge one, but not the end of their world).

I do not believe in fanboism, rather I think people should use what works for them. I have an android tablet and am not terribly fond of the software it runs. My experience with it helped me decide not to get an android phone (like my wife who is nonplussed with android). I tried WP and like it as it works for me. I'd choose to run iOS on my next phone before android if WP were to go down the tubes (and I can't stand the whole 'Apple' thing).

In the end, all this represents is a call to Microsoft to keep working on Here+ and make it better.
VinceCL

Re: Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported

Postby vince1612 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:10 pm

@YoshackFyre:

Mostly any and all WP users who got tips and tricks from other WP users have gotten it from here since there aren't many WP users who read any other threads on the forum. By wanting to create your own thread you are actually having less chances of it being noticed by people who may have had the same issue as you and also use WP.

Another thing to consider in the length of your posts, your first one has 1,226 words and 6,470 characters. This is a community forum made of volunteers who will read/help/reply on their free time. Posting shorter summaries of your issue(s) would make it easier for people to want to read your message, nobody is getting paid to.

I don't use WP and never have, but I hope that someone from this thread can help you out.
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported

Postby vince1612 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:49 pm

I've changed the title of this thread from "Official feedback thread" to it's current one. If the situation evolves in the future we will un-sticky it and open a new thread for feedback.

----------------

As it was publicly announced now, Waze dropped support for WP
WinBeta.org wrote:Waze app won’t be updated until number of Windows phone users increases
By Brad Stephenson
Jul 8, 2016 at 12:19 am

Fans of the Windows 10 Waze app are in for some disappointment as it appears the app’s developers have no plans to update it in the immediate future.

On MSFT reader, Mateus, reached out to the Waze team via their official Twitter account and was told that the small number of users on the Windows phone platform really didn’t justify the costs of app development at this point in time.

While this is bad news for loyal users, it is worth noting that the developers haven’t shut the door on updating in the future and that when or if the Windows phone version of the Waze app gains more users, they will support it once more.
Source: http://www.winbeta.org/news/waze-windows-phone-app

------------------

You can still use this thread to help eachother with problems and fixes you find for using Waze on WP.
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6

Postby vince1612 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:29 pm

mkriukov wrote:Since google are so not user friendly - anyone recommend an app similar to Waze? It's about community and not about google/vs/Microsoft fight. such a shame that from a great product waze we have something that barely works on mobile device.

I would have said HERE maps before, but:
March 15th 2016 - theverge.com - "Here Maps drops support for Windows Phone and Windows 10"

Even Whatsapp stopped supporting part of WP recently... I guess it's not just Waze.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Windows 10 Mobile Update

Postby vince1612 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:49 pm

Sanjeev40084 wrote:Any plans to update Windows 10 mobile app?

Unfortunately no, read above.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App