Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby BoxSoft » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Qyv42 wrote:
BoxSoft wrote:There is, to an extent:

1. Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
  2. Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
  3. Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
  4. Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.

So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.

Mike

Your steps above work, but unlike with the HERE apps, the actual directions don't seem to be getting passed in to Waze so that it generates a route. I always use the Search button on the phone to quickly find whatever location I'm looking for, then get directions via the WP maps app and then go to HERE Drive via the "right turn arrow" as you note above. With HERE Drive, the route is automatically generated if I do that, but with Waze, the app just launches and nothing else happens, so I have to do all searching from within Waze. This isn't a huge deal, but one of the cool things about Windows Phone is the ability to pin things like a contact to the Start screen - that way I have their contact info handy, and can also get directions to any address in that contact if needed. So it would be great if Waze could integrate with the WP maps app and get the directions handed off when Waze is launched from that entry point.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. For me, it definitely starts Waze and feeds it the information. Waze then starts giving directions without further input. I just tried the Here+ app, and it wanted me to press Start first. ;)
BoxSoft

Postby brighcj » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 pm

First let me thank the Waxe crew for releasing the WP8 Version of waze today!

Dies the WP version lack voice recog for reporting? I can't find any settings for it. I guess I find that odd, because that's singularily the biggest importance to me on this app. It strikes me as an odd feature to lack, considering how well tell-me is integrated into other, less important and lesser apps. I figured voice recog would be a given. :/

is there a timeline for when this feature will be added?

not trying to whine, just expressing concern for a feature. Again thanks! :)
brighcj

Postby brighcj » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:23 am

Some more feedback now that I've had a chance to use it some.

1) the Audio is kinda quiet, even with volumes set to max
2) can you route the audio, and hopefully in the future, the mic through Bluetooth?
3) Gonna throw in speech recognition again, I really think some focus needs to go towards this.
4) phone gets really warm, uses Bart faster than my 3.1a charger can give, I've got a 4.2a charger in the mail now. But, if there's anything that can be done on this, it would be greatly appreciated, as right now, long road trips are out for waze.

other than that, great job guys!

Lumia 920 WP8 GDR3
brighcj

Postby brighcj » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:37 pm

rapiddani wrote:
brighcj wrote:4) phone gets really warm, uses Bart faster than my 3.1a charger can give, I've got a 4.2a charger in the mail now. But, if there's anything that can be done on this, it would be greatly appreciated, as right now, long road trips are out for waze.

Phone getting hot is OK... We are used to it by now... Playing any 'more serious' game gives the same effect.
For me the biggest flaw is that, while using Waze the battery drains more than it charges (L920 GDR2)...
today I started from 100% fresh off the charger - was driving and wazing (3g network) for about ~50mins, while constantly charging with Nokia cr-200 - at the end battery is drained down to 65%.... that means I couldn't even use it for 3 hours with this charger.

That's why I passed on the CR-200, I found in my research that it only charges at 1.6a iirc. I was losing charge well enough at 2.4a. I solved it by buying a 3.1a charger, ran any GPS including trapster without great loss to the battery, for the most part it held stable. Waze needs to make it suck less Batt, for their own sake as well. For extended data collection. We'll see if the 4.2a charge can provider enough juice, I don't see any other chargers offering more than that for the car, so that's the last solution I have. Again, I don't mind the heat, but the phone is more a safety device than a nav system, so if I have to choose between navigating a long trip, or keeping a full charge, full charge wins.
brighcj

Postby brighcj » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Can you add low volume to that?

I mean, driving my suburban which is a quiet vehicle, with volumenmaxed, could still barely hear it. :(

L920 GDR3
brighcj

Postby bryanabaya » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:14 pm

Am I reading this correctly or is this a typo "Windows Phone v3.7.6"?

I have looked, re-read and refreshed Windows Store and what I am seeing is my current version which is 3.7.4.5.

I am not sure if this has been posted/answered by anyone else, but does the WP8.1 version of Waze really not auto-rotating? I have tried reconfiguring its settings, but it does not seem to change the screen orientation to landscape.
bryanabaya

Postby C4H4AsH » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:50 pm

I'm running Waze Release 3.7.4.5 on Nokia Lumia 929 (Icon) with Lumia Black update - running OS version 8.10.14157.200 (preview for Developers). I can see others and post/see my traffic reports without any issues. I'd complain about the absence of features when compared to other OS brands but know that'd be nothing more than spitting into the wind. Good luck!
C4H4AsH

Postby caamaral » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:35 pm

Voice don't work. What happened?
Lumia 620
caamaral

Postby Camuspam » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi all.

I'm on Windows phone. Just bought a Lumia 640.

I know support on Windows is nil, but I have got it to work on all iterations even if though it is not as good as the Android version (understatement I know).

However, I cannot get past the EULA this time.
I have two check boxes that ask for my click.
I check them, but there is no place to continue? (one for updates and the other asking that I am over 13).
I cannot scroll down or move forward in any way.

Thoughts?
Camuspam

Postby charliehmi » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:59 pm

MarDark wrote:Please make an update for Windows Phone. I know Google and Microsoft are not showing any love but you should care more about the users. :ugeek:

Seconded. The WP phone version is a poor relation to the iOS one which I've spent a lot of time using.
charliehmi

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App