Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby brighcj » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:37 pm

rapiddani wrote:
brighcj wrote:4) phone gets really warm, uses Bart faster than my 3.1a charger can give, I've got a 4.2a charger in the mail now. But, if there's anything that can be done on this, it would be greatly appreciated, as right now, long road trips are out for waze.

Phone getting hot is OK... We are used to it by now... Playing any 'more serious' game gives the same effect.
For me the biggest flaw is that, while using Waze the battery drains more than it charges (L920 GDR2)...
today I started from 100% fresh off the charger - was driving and wazing (3g network) for about ~50mins, while constantly charging with Nokia cr-200 - at the end battery is drained down to 65%.... that means I couldn't even use it for 3 hours with this charger.

That's why I passed on the CR-200, I found in my research that it only charges at 1.6a iirc. I was losing charge well enough at 2.4a. I solved it by buying a 3.1a charger, ran any GPS including trapster without great loss to the battery, for the most part it held stable. Waze needs to make it suck less Batt, for their own sake as well. For extended data collection. We'll see if the 4.2a charge can provider enough juice, I don't see any other chargers offering more than that for the car, so that's the last solution I have. Again, I don't mind the heat, but the phone is more a safety device than a nav system, so if I have to choose between navigating a long trip, or keeping a full charge, full charge wins.
brighcj

Not rememebering me on Windows Phone 8

Postby aparallaxview » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Just set up my account but it appears to sign me out each time I exit and requires me log back in when I re-start the app.

I am on an HTC 8x running WP8
aparallaxview

Postby aparallaxview » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Waze is not remembering me when I go back into the app. I exit via the button and when I re-start I have to log in again...

Htc8x
aparallaxview

Postby Deg0o » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:59 am

fakawi wrote:Hi!
Thanks Waze for coming to WP!
I noticed that I can only view the map with the phone (nokia lumia 925) in portrait orientation, not in landscape.
cheers!

Cheers indeed!

Same problem on Samsung Ativ S under WP8; Waze won't switch to landscape mode. Tried also after a reboot, same issue.

See ya!
Deg0o

Postby nzahn1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Just so everyone knows: Here is the current (as of this post) listing of known issues with Waze on WP from the Support Page:
Support Page wrote:Known issues and missing features - Windows Phone
  • Add a stop point
  • Landscape
  • Updating gas prices
  • Social media (Facebook, Twitter,...)
  • Problems with bluetooth- can’t choose whether route sound to speaker or to bluetooth.
  • “Crash” when returning from background.
  • Restart is needed for changing unit
  • No sound - please restart waze
nzahn1
State Manager
State Manager

Postby brighcj » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Can you add low volume to that?

I mean, driving my suburban which is a quiet vehicle, with volumenmaxed, could still barely hear it. :(

L920 GDR3
brighcj

Postby bluetrout » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:01 pm

nzahn1 wrote:Just so everyone knows: Here is the current (as of this post) listing of known issues with Waze on WP from the Support Page:
Support Page wrote:Known issues and missing features - Windows Phone
  • Add a stop point
  • Landscape
  • Updating gas prices
  • Social media (Facebook, Twitter,...)
  • Problems with bluetooth- can’t choose whether route sound to speaker or to bluetooth.
  • “Crash” when returning from background.
  • Restart is needed for changing unit
  • No sound - please restart waze

Please add the power consumption issue. If there is a charger that can keep up with Waze's power use please let us know what it is. My charger has a 3.1A output and doesn't come anywhere close to keeping up. After 30 minutes of use the battery on my Lumia 928 is drained at least 20-40%. At that rate I would get about an hour of use from the phone & Waze, even with the phone "charging". Thanks!
bluetrout

Postby ykinase » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:42 pm

I experienced the same battery drain issues on Lumia 1020. Even with airplane mode on but cellular data enabled running on a 2 amp charger, battery was at 10% inside of 3hrs. All background tasks disabled. Running GDR2. I remember Nokia Here Drive had this issue when it was first released. I had to fall back to Drive as I was on a 10hr drive.

Otherwise, fantastic first release and looking forward to my future Waze-Ing!
ykinase

Postby dwbmb » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:40 pm

I have a problem events that have lets say 5 or more comments and the area of text added but users squeezes out the Comment button from the screen. So I cannot reply. Have someone even betatested this app? Or is actual version in fact betatest (especially voice navigation ignoring distances before turns points out that no one really drove with this app at all)?
dwbmb

Postby lewis2e » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:49 am

Great to see Waze finally on Windows Phone 8.

I notice when resuming from the background the app will forget if you have shared your drive with someone. On the recipient's end it appears as "Request was cancelled", and the sender then needs to resend the request.

Assuming this isn't the intended behaviour, maybe one for the bug list.

Thanks
lewis2e

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App