Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6

Postby vince1612 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:34 am

@RojieC

Windows Central wrote:We might never see another update to Waze on Windows Phone. At least that's what we've heard directly from Waze on Twitter. Waze is a popular navigation app that offers turn-by-turn navigation, user-submitted speed traps and more. It's a highly popular app with millions of users who prefer it over other navigation services. The thing is Google bought the company last summer, and we know friendly Google is towards Windows Phone.

A Windows Phone Waze user asked the company via Twitter whether or not development of the Windows Phone app had stopped. Here's the response from the company:

"There are no plans for an update as of now but things can always change."

There you have it. The last update for Waze on Windows Phone came out in February of this year. It might just be the last update made for the app on Windows Phone since there are no plans. The tweet from Waze is over a month old, but there's no reason to suggest their plans have changed.

Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Windows Phone v3.7.6

Postby vince1612 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:20 am

Rmedh wrote:Do Waze staff ever look at the forums or even respond to the comments?

They don't or rarely do, see:
Board index ‹ ! ATTENTION: READ HERE FIRST ! ‹ READ ME FIRST! General forum guidelines
This is a Community Forum

This forum is lightly monitored by Waze employees and is supported by the Waze community users. When significant issues or bugs arise, these will be made visible to Waze directly by members of the Waze Global Champs.

Read and abide theWaze employees are denoted by bold red usernames. You will find them most often posting in the App Beta threads, when there are significant issues occurring, and the regular newsletter posting. Outside of that, Waze relies on the community of Champs and other Expert users to bring significant issues to them which cannot be resolved by the community.
When Waze said they would stop WP support, they also said things could change in the future. I'm sure they've been made aware of the new solutions for apps with WP10, but at the moment their new 4.0 iOS version is still very very new and they are working hard on perfecting it, while they are still on 3.9 with Android.

I'm guessing when both iOS and Android catch up with eachother and that everything works well enough for both, they could probably start focusing on other things again.
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby vince1612 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 am

Martijnbeuker wrote:Plz guys update the WP app!!! It would be very much appriciated!

As it was explained a few times in the previous pages. Waze has stopped support for Windows Phone devices. Meaning that the app still exists but they don't have any devs working on it anymore, and that means no updates.
Nobody knows if this decision is definitive or not. However there has been no talk or rumors about continuing support for WP anytime soon.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vince1612 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:36 am

Arfy wrote:Erm, no more supported ?

They don't mean that it was taken down and disappeared, just that it's not longer supported. It's the same as this, for example:
Microsoft wrote:Windows XP support has ended
As of April 8, 2014, support and updates for Windows XP are no longer available.

You can still have it and use it, but it's just not going to have anymore updates.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby veejays » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:48 am

I moved from Symbian to WP only to now realize that Waze is not gonna be supported?

Come on folks, there are ton of WP users out there. The market exist. Hope you guys could work things out and provide updates and support for WP. Thanks
veejays

Postby Vatbub » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:04 am

The problem I see is that Waze will (as I hope) continue development of the WP version when it has more users. But there won't be more users if there are so many bugs.
Vatbub

Postby Vatbub » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 pm

gregorypilar wrote:Hi,
there are plans to update the app , so we can get all the features that IOS and Android app has?

Unfortunately not. Waze tweeted recently that there are no plans to update the WP version.

Although there is a long list of known issues to be solved, it seems that Google (main shareholder) decided to stop updates for WP.
Vatbub

Postby Vatbub » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi there once again.
Just to bring everybody up to date who wants to post answers in the future.
Issues we were already talking about some pages ago:
No landscape mode
No Facebook integration
No groups integration (replaced right now by football teams)
High Battery consumption
No possibility of gas price updating

Furthermore, I recommend to post feature suggestions in the UserVoice-Forum since the Waze staff is not really reading this forum.

Lionelpc wrote:I'm using waze on a Lumia 625.
I'm missing a feature that allow me to record incidents of any kind later on the map.

That issue has already been discussed here. As you can see the suggestion has been declined by the Waze staff to prevent people from spamming the map.

Greetings,
Vatbub
Vatbub

Postby Vatbub » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:09 pm

One more thing: When will there be Facebook integration and Waze Groups? I am missing especially Facebook.
Vatbub

Postby Vatbub » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi there,
did anyone notice: The Thread is called "Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread" and we are all talking about ver 3.7.4.5 Is there an update in the works?

Next I wanted to say that the German voice without street names sometimes leaves out the distance in its announcements. That sounds something like that (translated in English): "In meters turn left"
Vatbub

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App