Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby David_7f » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:44 am

4. The "Gas" function has NEVER given prices.
David_7f

Postby David_7f » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:41 am

I have had the same problems:
1. No voice directions
2. No readable messages in my WAZE Inbox - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
3. Sporadically, Waze simply shuts downs immediately after starting it.

I have had these problems for at least 6 months.

Waze is a great idea & has some great features, but these are fatal errors. I can no longer recommend the App until it is fixed. Google you are big enough to fix these problems.
David_7f

Postby CyrillePugeault » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi guys, I just buy 950XL lumia and waze is realy bad, My waze App on iPhone 4 is way better than the WindowsPhone, Can google wake up and make something about Windows 10 ? nobody use waze on WP because he is outdated, Maps or Here drive is way better than waze for now.

Pls do something about it.
CyrillePugeault

Postby G8dude » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:58 pm

I have used Waze for 2 years, been a map editor and Waze Royalty. I used Waze on my personal Windows phone and my business Android phone. I've got to say that I told a lot of people to use this app and I feel let down. I had a few glitches on 8.1 but lived with it. Now that I have 10 and downloaded the app again (multiple times) I have no voice guidance or sound at all, all settings have been checked. It also tries and fails to download and install new prompts. I guess my only recourse is to complain to the Windows Store to have the app removed since it is non functional and not supported. And yes, I have removed it from my Android phone and am actively telling my friends to remove it from their phones (yes, Android and IOs phones) as well. A brilliant display of pomposity, Waze. Thanks.
G8dude

Postby VanDidil » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:57 pm

C'mon Waze the size of this thread should be an indication that you should support Windows 10 mobile, I love using the app and your service but the app is outdated and it has trouble downloading the voice guidance every single time
VanDidil

Postby BernieValley » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Does anyone know of any alternative to Waze on Windows Phones? There are plenty of navigation apps, but I don't know of one with live traffic updates.
BernieValley

Postby jdavlcba65 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:42 am

tlepen wrote:The only problem for me is that the messages in my Inbox cannot be displayed. I get an HTTP error "internal server error 500". Pity...

yes messages are not displayed, and for Jpopadak, facebook is not working. all voices are not working too.
once you got a working voice, keep it (without street name direction).

this is 2 of the smal bugs in this version, not preventing me to use waze daily on my WP.
jdavlcba65
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby VulcanRide » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Waze team,

If you don't want WP users then tell them! If you don't support them then you won't have to worry about them being more than 1% of the user base. I recommended the app to several of my fiends and they are using iOS so they won't have a problem but I will be sure to tell them how you support the application.

I will uninstall it as soon as it stops working, yes I will still report for the other users but I will be sure and pass along how you support all (> 1%) users.

I'm a new user (<30 days) but don't think I will be a user for much longer unless you start supporting WPs.

I did like the application and the community, until it stops working.
VulcanRide

Postby Jpopadak » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:10 am

Waze crashes all the time on me. I have a Lumia 635 and Lumia 950. Both crash every time I try to start navigation, download new voices, connect to facebook.
Jpopadak

Postby tlepen » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:42 am

jdavlcba65 wrote:Hi, version 3.7.6 doesn't exist.
everyone with WP has v3.7.4.5, the latest one !

about your tip, I am surprised as I never had any waze app crash with my setup (WP 8.1), except end of October during one day but this was special.

Hi, thanks for the information, I was also confused by the version mismatch (forum topic vs. my phone).

This implies a question - why the topic has incorrect version in title?

I have Lumia 640 and the Waze app crashed maybe few times in 4 months so I guess this is OK. The only problem for me is that the messages in my Inbox cannot be displayed. I get an HTTP error "internal server error 500". Pity...
tlepen

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App