Windows Phone OS (WP) - Currently not supported  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby vince1612 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:17 am

Martijnbeuker wrote:Plz guys update the WP app!!! It would be very much appriciated!

As it was explained a few times in the previous pages. Waze has stopped support for Windows Phone devices. Meaning that the app still exists but they don't have any devs working on it anymore, and that means no updates.
Nobody knows if this decision is definitive or not. However there has been no talk or rumors about continuing support for WP anytime soon.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby martijnbeuker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:41 am

Plz guys update the WP app!!! It would be very much appriciated!
martijnbeuker

Postby David_7f » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:44 am

4. The "Gas" function has NEVER given prices.
David_7f

Postby David_7f » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:41 am

I have had the same problems:
1. No voice directions
2. No readable messages in my WAZE Inbox - HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
3. Sporadically, Waze simply shuts downs immediately after starting it.

I have had these problems for at least 6 months.

Waze is a great idea & has some great features, but these are fatal errors. I can no longer recommend the App until it is fixed. Google you are big enough to fix these problems.
David_7f

Postby CyrillePugeault » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi guys, I just buy 950XL lumia and waze is realy bad, My waze App on iPhone 4 is way better than the WindowsPhone, Can google wake up and make something about Windows 10 ? nobody use waze on WP because he is outdated, Maps or Here drive is way better than waze for now.

Pls do something about it.
CyrillePugeault

Postby G8dude » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:58 pm

I have used Waze for 2 years, been a map editor and Waze Royalty. I used Waze on my personal Windows phone and my business Android phone. I've got to say that I told a lot of people to use this app and I feel let down. I had a few glitches on 8.1 but lived with it. Now that I have 10 and downloaded the app again (multiple times) I have no voice guidance or sound at all, all settings have been checked. It also tries and fails to download and install new prompts. I guess my only recourse is to complain to the Windows Store to have the app removed since it is non functional and not supported. And yes, I have removed it from my Android phone and am actively telling my friends to remove it from their phones (yes, Android and IOs phones) as well. A brilliant display of pomposity, Waze. Thanks.
G8dude

Postby VanDidil » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:57 pm

C'mon Waze the size of this thread should be an indication that you should support Windows 10 mobile, I love using the app and your service but the app is outdated and it has trouble downloading the voice guidance every single time
VanDidil

Postby BernieValley » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Does anyone know of any alternative to Waze on Windows Phones? There are plenty of navigation apps, but I don't know of one with live traffic updates.
BernieValley

Postby jdavlcba65 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:42 am

tlepen wrote:The only problem for me is that the messages in my Inbox cannot be displayed. I get an HTTP error "internal server error 500". Pity...

yes messages are not displayed, and for Jpopadak, facebook is not working. all voices are not working too.
once you got a working voice, keep it (without street name direction).

this is 2 of the smal bugs in this version, not preventing me to use waze daily on my WP.
jdavlcba65
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby VulcanRide » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Waze team,

If you don't want WP users then tell them! If you don't support them then you won't have to worry about them being more than 1% of the user base. I recommended the app to several of my fiends and they are using iOS so they won't have a problem but I will be sure to tell them how you support the application.

I will uninstall it as soon as it stops working, yes I will still report for the other users but I will be sure and pass along how you support all (> 1%) users.

I'm a new user (<30 days) but don't think I will be a user for much longer unless you start supporting WPs.

I did like the application and the community, until it stops working.
VulcanRide

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App