These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Mogster87
I just switched from Android to Windows 10 Mobile. I got an Alcatel Idol 4S. I recently read online that Waze stopped updating the app for Windows Phone. Luckily the app is still available for download at the Microsoft Store. I can verify that the app's basic functionality works, but there are a lot of features that are not available or not working when compared to the Android version:

- While the option to select different voices for the navigation is there, voice navigation itself is not working. I did not get any voice prompts during my drives. Downloading any special voices like the Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May (the Grand Tour) package will not download and report an error after a few minutes while remaining at 0% download.

-Can't see other Wazers on the map.

-Can't see the majority gas stations or other stores on the map when compared to my carpool friend's Waze app on Android.

-Maps and traffic reportings, and route redirections DO appear accurate when compared to my carpool friend's Waze app on Android.
Mogster87
Send a message

Post by moinsundemi
Dear Waze,

Please solve this battery draining issue, I can only use waze for short trips with my Lumia 920.
moinsundemi
Send a message

Post by Mrcolobus
New to Waze, interesting app but haven't found it too useful yet (lack of users in Kent perhaps?) but still find it interesting!

I'm using a Lumia 820 and have the following issues.

1) Voice volume not changing regardless of setting in app, would ideally like a mute button on the navigation screen.
2) Other Wazers are static on the map, is this how it is on all devices?

Interestingly no issues with keeping up with charge using CR-200 holder. Gets warm but that's normal using any of the more 'intensive' apps in my experience.
Mrcolobus
Send a message

Post by muerte_
TexasTibab wrote:I had never heard of your app before, but just saw on Reddit that this had been released for Windows Phone. It's a great looking app that I'm excited to try out, but I do have one small complaint.

When I hit the "Connect to Facebook" button during initial setup, nothing happened. After setting up, I found that button again in the Scoreboard area, and when I hit it there the button disappeared and I was not provided a way to connect to my Facebook.

My device is a Samsung ATIV S Neo from Sprint with GDR3 installed. Thanks for looking into it!
I too am having this issue. I'm trying to add friends and I looked in the ask a question, where I'm unable to ask a question just look at and choose questions, and it says to add phone number during sign up. I wasn't given that option and am unable to find where to add number.
muerte_
Send a message

Post by nadler369
Having problems with Windows Waze on Nokia 928:
First, after Waze would not remember me when I would close and re-open the app, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, then when this didn't fix the problem, I deleted my account and re-registered. That seemed to fix that problem.
The issue I'm currently having is that when I enter favorites, Waze doesn't remember them. It has my home and 3 favorites stored, but it seems when I select my favorites from my contact list, it doesn't remember them the next time I open the app. Also, when I select "info" to "show on map" to one of these contacts (before I close it), the app closes. If I add these favorites by searching for the address directly, I don't seem to have these issues.
nadler369
Send a message

Post by NakedFreeRunner
Sad, bu true. We can't do anything more than sit on our current Waze and hope for the better days. :/ I'm still learning programming, but as soon as I know enough I will probably go and help those third-party guys develop Waze for WP, because they, at least, are trying. :)
NakedFreeRunner
Send a message

Post by nakres
Werewolfie wrote:
aparallaxview wrote:Just set up my account but it appears to sign me out each time I exit and requires me log back in when I re-start the app.

I am on an HTC 8x running WP8
aparallaxview wrote:Waze is not remembering me when I go back into the app. I exit via the button and when I re-start I have to log in again...

Htc8x
I have both these problems on Nokia Lumia 925 WP8 Amber. Clearly not working as intended.

Other than that, an awesome app. That's why I care enough to contribute. :)
I solved that by removing the % in my password. Apparently, it has some problems with percentage signs in your password. If you have any other strange characters in your password, you could try to remove them.
nakres
Send a message

Post by negby
Been running for years. Stopped working last night on Lumia 1520. App come up, then crashes immediately.
negby
Send a message

Post by NeoZer0
Can you please update the waze app for Windows phone. At the least please convert the iOS app code set to a Windows phone 10 universal app so you can leverage a single code base.
NeoZer0
Send a message

Post by Nigel44Cool
Been running ok on Nokia Lumia for over a month, lastnight it struggled to calculate route an the app shutdown. On restarting the app it quickly displayed a notice about Navigation being interrupted for a second before shutting down again. In the brief period the app was running the location had been updates.

On completing my journey I power cycled the phone - no change.
Later I uninstalled and reinstalled with combination of power cycling the phone.
One after each reinstall it asked me to grand access to contacts (which I do).
All I now get is the apps start-up screen, between 2 and 5 seconds before shutting down.

There must be some corrupt data on the phone, I don't really want to fatory default :cry:

Any sensible suggestions?
Nigel44Cool
Send a message