Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by SpeedyPS
Hi

Facebook signin doesn't seem to work with Waze, on Lumia 1020 with WP 8.1.

Cheers
SpeedyPS
Send a message

Post by SqrtOfNegOne
Have to agree with the other user that Waze destroys battery life much worse than CoPilot.

I truly like Waze for what it can do. Right now, I use Waze for the short trips and CoPilot for everything else.

Perhaps, Waze should consider an offline mode for the map data. That could help immensely.

(Nokia Lumia 920 - GDR2 - Amber)
SqrtOfNegOne
Send a message

Post by SrA-1964
How can i edit and/or delete my favorites on my Windows phone?
SrA-1964
Send a message

Post by Stanger_LV
pitoka52 wrote:
halupkat wrote:I have the same issue since this morning. But now I just find out something: if I start waze with 2G internet connection, it works fine. Slow as snail, but loads all the reports, calculates rout, whatever. If I switch it to LTE, it stops immediately. Strange...
I tried it out on my WP and Symbian phones. Disabled Wi-fi and 3G, so they ran only on 2G, but in my case: absolutely no change, they crashed as usual
Confirm the same, app crashes with 2G connection as well on my Lumia820.
Stanger_LV
Send a message

Post by Stanger_LV
After the problem solved now, would like to share my thoughts about this situation.
It's obvious that if nothing will change in Google's policy, sooner or later WAZE on WP will be suspended. Today morning, driving (of course without WAZE) in traffic jam from home to work I had a lot of time to think how to manage this issue. Honestly saying, as from the beginning I trow away idea to change platform on next device. My Lumia820 is 3 years old and nothing would stop me to change it for long awaited Lumia950 with W10M. Have heard some folks tell that in W10M will be possible to launch Android/IOS apps in emulation mode, but this is only a project, which might work (or not) far late. I have no alternatives for WAZE in my area. So I concluded that practical solution for me in "WAZE black day" will be use one of the Android oldies (which plenty around for few euros). Possibly I may get it even for free from my friends who changing regularly their Samsungs and LGs, thus having some oldies in storage box. Requirements for such 2-3 years old device not high, because it shall run only WAZE and nothing else. And it will remain all the time in the car, just like people do with Tom-Tom or other navi devices. The only thing I'll need to buy extra SIM card for the data connection, but in fact I'm paying already for the traffic on my current SIM card. So it will not be a new expense.
Any ideas or other solutions?
Stanger_LV
Send a message

Post by Stealth_Hunter
Google, update the version for Windows Phone !!!
I've had good Android devices, but since started using a Lumia in 2012, I can't longer return to android and IOS does not please me.
Google should respect the choice of the people and not force to choose the android.
Long life for WP!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stealth_Hunter
Send a message

Post by Stealth_Hunter
Same here, open the app, show map and crash.
Using Lumia 630 with Windows phone 10.
Stealth_Hunter
Send a message

Post by steelcobra
The Waze app is seriously not working right in WP8 yet. Just tried using it on my up to date Lumia 920 plugged into a car charger to drive from Minneapolis to Fargo. Less than 2 hours in it went to power save mode, and was hot when I pulled it. The app is clearly overdriving the phone for no discernible reason.

I loved this app on iOS, but as long as its performance is this abysmal why should I use it instead of Drive+?

Also: screen rotation would be an extremely welcome addition.
steelcobra
Send a message

Post by stelling28
Also I'm using Waze on my Lumia 620 and I like it. And I'm reading in the forum for some time. I also have the battery-drain issue, but it is not so bad as some users discripe. Setting my mobile internet to 2G helps. But I have two issues I have not seen reported before.
- In my settings I have set 'Prevent Auto-lock' to true, but when I navigate without a route, my screen stills turns black. I would like the screen not to go black, because I also want to use Waze also for GSP-speed and speed-camera's, without using the navigation.
- When using Waze and I'm going to another app (keeping Waze open in the background), Waze inmediately stops recording the drive. According to the description, this should be the case after some time. For the average speed in a section control I sometimes use FlitsNav, Waze does not have that option (yet). When I go back to Waze with the back button, it asks me if I want to resume navigation. Both Waze and FlitsNav are set to be able to run as a background task.
stelling28
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Nokia 6.1 | Android 8.1 | Android Auto | Wazer since November 2013 | RM: Noord-Holland, The Netherlands | AM: Texel, Mijdrecht, Vinkeveen, Wilnis en Waverveen
https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0100.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c4s.png
E-mail: simon@waze-editors.nl

Post by stelling28
From my last 3 drives the last part of the drive is missing in the editor. Before those drives I did not have this issue. Is this a know issue? I use a Lumia 620 with GDR2 update.
stelling28
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Nokia 6.1 | Android 8.1 | Android Auto | Wazer since November 2013 | RM: Noord-Holland, The Netherlands | AM: Texel, Mijdrecht, Vinkeveen, Wilnis en Waverveen
https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0100.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c4s.png
E-mail: simon@waze-editors.nl