Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby ListeningStone » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:01 pm

brighcj wrote:First let me thank the Waxe crew for releasing the WP8 Version of waze today!

Dies the WP version lack voice recog for reporting? I can't find any settings for it. I guess I find that odd, because that's singularily the biggest importance to me on this app. It strikes me as an odd feature to lack, considering how well tell-me is integrated into other, less important and lesser apps. I figured voice recog would be a given. :/

is there a timeline for when this feature will be added?

not trying to whine, just expressing concern for a feature. Again thanks! :)

Like the app but the lack of voice commands for reporting is making me sad. Will this feature be added soon. :)
ListeningStone

Postby Lukix22 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Pre'd like to apologize for the English, I'm not very good, so I use google translator.
I have a Lumia 920 with Amber and I would like to report a few bugs in the application.

I attach pictures for better explanation.

In Figure 1 you can see that I'm not showing the whole volume icon.
Figure 2 highlights the problem with connecting to Facebook. When you click on ,,Připojit k Facebooku" nothing happens.
Figure 3 does not see the whole text how long ago I registered a translation into Czech is not complete, place off there could be vypnuto, or just stands vyp.
And with incomplete translation there are more things.

Otherwise, except for a few such novelties am very happy ;)
Attachments
wp_ss_20131122_0004.png
Figure 3
wp_ss_20131122_0004.png (134.66 KiB) Viewed 685 times
wp_ss_20131122_0003.png
Figure 2
wp_ss_20131122_0003.png (84.7 KiB) Viewed 683 times
wp_ss_20131122_0002.png
Figure 1
wp_ss_20131122_0002.png (128.61 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Lukix22

Postby mappao » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:35 am

Hi,
there's an annoying bug that I hope will be fixed asap. If you start a route under roaming connection, when the phone gets back on the network Waze crashes. This only happens when you are on a route, not while navigating without a planned route.

Ciao.
mappao

Postby markhs » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:11 am

BoxSoft wrote:I concur that battery drain is bad on my 1020, but the 1020 is a battery hog, even not using Waze. The best I've managed (leaving my phone virtually untouched), the battery lasts only 26 hours. If I actually use my phone, then I'm lucky to get 10 hours out of it. If I use it heavily, I drain it in less than 4 hours. Even my old crappy iPhone4 was better in this regard (with a 3-year old battery).

If I'm using Waze, then the problem is obviously worse. With a 1-amp charger, Waze will drain the battery in about 3 hours. I've just gotten a 2-amp charger, so hopefully that's a bit better.

I'm really hoping that MS is able to tweak the OS to a more efficient battery user, and for Waze to improve it on their end as well.

I think this is pretty much on Waze. I can run Navigon and other navigation apps and if plugged into a charger, they don't drain my battery. While using the same charger, Waze drains the battery in under an hour.
markhs

Postby markhs » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:52 am

The update solve the battery drain issue. Last weekend I drove for a total of 7 hours connected to a charger. My phone never lost charge (battery level stayed the same) and I was able to use Waze the entire time. Phone never got hot, warm but not hot. I have a high amperage charger and a good cable which is probably a requirement for any gps apps.
markhs

Postby McPaHa » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 pm

First of all thank you for Waze app for wp8.

However battery drain is HUGE for L920 - GDR2 - Amber. I even bought better charger which gives me 1,5 A but my phone is dying when using waze after 3 hours. We really need a situation that charger can give more power to the phone that it uses. Otherwise I cannot use this (even I love it).

I've tried Nokia navigation and Co-Pilot and with Co-pilot there is no similar battery drain problem.

Also there is no way to manage gas-prices & facebook link do not work.

Ps. reply is not working (or it is not exist) when someone needs my comment for map problem.

Anyway... I am hoping that this great app will update in future and these problems will be solved.
McPaHa

Postby Miro_ke » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:54 pm

I'm not sure if there's anyone representing Waze reading this, considering no fix/update has been released so far, but I can also confirm:
- huge battery drain - 3-3,5 hour drive took my HTC 8X from 100% to 0% while constantly charging with my 1A charger...
- Facebook connection doesn't work (even though you can use a workaround and connect to FB if you install Waze on Android/iOS using your credentials. Then your friends become visible in Windows Phone as well
- not possible to join groups (the workaround above can be used though)
- not possible to edit gas prices
- there are problems with the emailed "share my drive" link, however removing http:// and retyping the link manually seems to help, strange...
Miro_ke

Postby MisterMerlin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:01 am

Lumia Icon (AKA 929) on VZW - Biggest annoyance is no option to play voice guidance through Bluetooth to GMC Acadia. Also find that it freaks out and places me on other roads while in parking lots, therefore it can't tell me where to go from where I am at.
MisterMerlin

Postby moinsundemi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Dear Waze,

Please solve this battery draining issue, I can only use waze for short trips with my Lumia 920.
moinsundemi

Postby Mrcolobus » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 pm

New to Waze, interesting app but haven't found it too useful yet (lack of users in Kent perhaps?) but still find it interesting!

I'm using a Lumia 820 and have the following issues.

1) Voice volume not changing regardless of setting in app, would ideally like a mute button on the navigation screen.
2) Other Wazers are static on the map, is this how it is on all devices?

Interestingly no issues with keeping up with charge using CR-200 holder. Gets warm but that's normal using any of the more 'intensive' apps in my experience.
Mrcolobus

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App