These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Wrong road - deletion request pending for long

Post by phoenixsvj
I have been reporting a wrong road through the client, as well as have marked it for deletion in the Live Map. The "road" is connecting all the car parks between the apartments - which is wrong, and I know because I live in one of the apartments, and I use the car park. How do I get this fixed - This is in India, Tamil Nadu (State), Chennai (City), Besant Nagar (Locality)?
phoenixsvj

POSTER_ID:899740

Send a message

Post by phoenixsvj
Thanks. I marked it for deletion in cartouche a long while back, and it is still awaiting area manager's approval - how do I find who the area manager is?
phoenixsvj
Send a message

Post by phoenixsvj
unwallflower wrote:In cartouche, check out the Layers panel. There is one called "Area Managers". Click it... it will shade in the areas that have area managers, and it will display their usernames.

If it doesn't shade anything in (be patient, sometimes it's a bit slow to load), then you don't have an area manager in your area.

You can always apply to become the area manager for your area as well.
I checked - there are no area managers for my area. Thanks for the tip, I have applied to be one :)
phoenixsvj
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Turn on the area managers layer will shade the map with areas managed. Somewhere in the shading there should be the username for the area manager. Note if there are multiple area managers for the same area, sometimes the clutter hides some of the names.

Next you will can try contacting them through a private message on the forum. This is the only method at this point. Otherwise you might send an email to alpha@waze.com with a permalink of the area in question, and they can process the pending deletes.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by unwallflower
You'll have to go into Cartouche (click "Update Map" when you're in the live map) and mark it for deletion there. Sending reports just places a marker there, it won't actually get anything done unless you have an area manager there.

However, once you mark it for deletion in cartouche it still won't delete until the request is approved by an area manager.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
In cartouche, check out the Layers panel. There is one called "Area Managers". Click it... it will shade in the areas that have area managers, and it will display their usernames.

If it doesn't shade anything in (be patient, sometimes it's a bit slow to load), then you don't have an area manager in your area.

You can always apply to become the area manager for your area as well.
unwallflower
Send a message