These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Screen Burn WARNING and suggestion please

Post by
My new Note 2 has suffered damage from using the waze app for navigation. Please watch the use of waze on a phone and also turn down the screen brightness. I would suggest that waze please allow the user to customize the transparency of the icons for menus or get rid of the dark background around the icons. Maybe just some text with no background.

I would just ask that somehow this be addressed before more people fall victim to this problem. I have contacted Samsung who has agreed to fix the phone or replace it. It has only been used for 5 months or less.

It is surely Waze that caused the screen problem because the burn is in the exact spots of the speed, menu, and direction icons. It is on the most and is the best app on the phone. I use it every day.

Please give us this option, I love Waze and use it all the time. I hope to be able to continue to use the app with options that will reduce the effect of screenburn.

Thankyou

Bill
Newark, Delaware

POSTER_ID:3127850

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
xstewiex99 wrote:why did you post 2 threads?
Threads Merged & duplicate post deleted.

I've run Waze for years now on the same phone for 4+ hours a day while I was at work and have not suffered any burn-in.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Brshk1
After two year's daily use, my defunct s2 had some areas slightly burnt, coinciding with the two bottom buttons. Not a very big issue, but it was there. It is inherent to OLED screens, I think.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9001 mediante Tapatalk
Brshk1
Send a message
CM Spain & GC|| Xiaomi Mi A1 / 9.0 stock || Waze: latest

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by Brshk1
It's also possible to play with the colours by oneself. Search in the forum for custom colour schemes. I made one with black background that looked great for amoled screens (in my opinion). Better if you cook a new one, there may be new settings in the files.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk
Brshk1
Send a message
CM Spain & GC|| Xiaomi Mi A1 / 9.0 stock || Waze: latest

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by Discosteve
I have exactly the same, its permanent now and cannot be removed.

Waze is used every day, even on short distances so it can work out traffic flow for others.

Please advise a fix or random rotation of visible controls, surely waze can be programmed to move 1-2mm every 10 minutes.
Discosteve
Send a message

Post by felohidalgo
I had used Waze for more than 100.000 km with 2 cell phone neither those got burn, it seems more like a hardware problem.
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by felohidalgo
That is kind of funny. I have used waze for more than 4 years sometimes for more than 10 hrs per day.... and never seen something like burn screen....
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE

Post by FokusPokus
I've just found my new Galaxy S7 Edge burned-in with the reports button, ETA clock and navigation arrows. My typical usage is home-work-home daily with 10-15 km roundtrip. I find this very frustrating.

I've already given my vote for a respective suggestion in the centercode and encourage everyone to do the same. (SUG-1263)
FokusPokus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by FokusPokus on Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Country Coordinator: Lithuania
Country Manager: Lithuania, Poland

Post by foxitrot
geeve wrote:I used an HTC One M7 for over a year with Waze and had no burn. This is very disappointing.
Oh man, sorry for such response to your very first forum post, but I'm nominating you for a master of sane arguments :roll: Ever heard of anything burned into phone LCD screen?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
LCD or AMOLED? It depends on the hardware. I've already had a 2-3 years old SG SII in my hand with Waze burned into its AMOLED display. Or seen a couple of preview SG S5s in the shop with all possible pictures burned into their AMOLEDs, just a few weeks after they started to be sold. After using an SG S3 nearly two years long, 4-7 hours daily, I haven't got anything burned into its AMOLED. Let's see now with another AMOLED (I do not know the display maker), but after 5 months no visible issue so far.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
foxitrot wrote:Let's see now with another AMOLED (I do not know the display maker), but after 5 months no visible issue so far.
After 11 months a very faint copy of the notification line.

My only advice for those concerned, take an LCD phone and wait, until the AMOLED display makers work the burn-in issues out (if ever). Even if you know about a particular model without such issues after months of usage, other piece of the same model might contain a display from a different series...

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message