These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Sound to iPhone speaker still cuts out radio

Post by asl74
Hi,

I currently have an iPhone 4s running iOS7 and a Parrot Mki9200 bluetooth kit in my car.

I am trying to set Waze so that sound only comes out of the phone speaker so that the radio is not interrupted. I need to be paired for phone calls. I have disabled "prefer bluetooth" and selected use phone speaker. The alerts do come from the speaker, but at the end of every alert the radio is interrupted and is silent for a few seconds. The only options I have are to either disable sounds entirely or unpair the phone which mean I cant use it for calls.

I do use Copilot and this works fine either way.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Andy
asl74

POSTER_ID:5769938

Send a message

Post by catinthedryer
What version of firmware do you have running on your Parrot? I'm running the 9200 with firmware version 2.11 on an iPhone 5 (iOS7) and just tested the app set to prefer phone speaker. I ran a short nav route and did not experience any cutting out on the radio. Check the firmware version of your Parrot, download the latest version here, and see if that fixes your problem.
catinthedryer
Send a message