These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze won't close after update to Android 4.4.2

Post by guinnessnz
My Nexus 5 was updated to Kitkat 4.4.2 last night. This morning I woke up and found waze open in the top notification bar. I drove to work, but have since found that I can not close Waze from the notification bar.
The 'switch off' button is not doing anything from the notification bar, or when I use it from within the app.
I rebooted my phone, and Waze opened up again in the notification bar. The only way to close it was force close.
guinnessnz

POSTER_ID:16640995

Send a message

Post by guinnessnz
I checked for messages, but there are none unread.
I also checked under the 'Running Apps' tab, and it shows Waze as 0 Processes and 1 service. It has currently been running for almost 5 hours, but with zero data usage.
It doesn't appear to be burning up the battery either.
guinnessnz
Send a message

Post by guinnessnz
That resolved it for me also. Uninstall & reinstall. thanks.
Interestingly enough when I reinstalled it, it looks like it's an update (the menu is all different)...The App store never prompted me to update it.
guinnessnz
Send a message

Post by hadardo
same here. Nexus 4 with android 4.4.2
hadardo
Send a message

Post by jemay
Do you have any unread messages? Go into the client again and double check that you have read all your messages.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by legon8
I have the same problem with nexus 4 and Android 4.4.2.
:roll:
legon8
Send a message

Post by Lexamd
Same problem after upgrade to 4.4.2 on Nexus 4
Lexamd
Send a message

Post by NexusJPB
I Had the same problem on my Nexus 5 when upgrading to KitKat 4.4.2 ... upgrading to newer version of Waze solved the issue (no need to uninstall and reinstall) - simply go to playstore and upgrade the app
NexusJPB
Send a message

Post by slandrum
The "New Waze messages" icon is different than the "Waze app" icon (at least on Android) in any case.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by squeeshy
I had the same problem on Nexus 5 after updating last night to 4.4.2. I reinstalled Waze because of another issue regarding voice guidance, and so far it seems to have fixed the problem.
squeeshy
Send a message