Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

Post by
What's New in Version 3.7.7

- Search faster with auto-complete favorites, contacts, history, and addresses (gradual release to users within the United States followed by other countries).
- Simplified main menu for quick & easy access.
- Add stop to existing route more smoothly.
- Bugs fixes.

POSTER_ID:4749935

Send a message

Post by aes38
I have tried to use voice command on my iPhone 5 and it is impossible to use. I keep my phone in one of the cup holders next to my shift. If I try to give voice command, Waze says that it can't hear me. It only works if I yell very loud or move the phone to my mouth.
aes38
Send a message

Post by afrayer
Anyone have a suggestion on how to force a map to update in iOS? I've had some red-light cameras removed from the Live Map, but over a week later they still exist in the client map.
afrayer
Send a message

Post by afrayer
sketch wrote:
afrayer wrote:Anyone have a suggestion on how to force a map to update in iOS? I've had some red-light cameras removed from the Live Map, but over a week later they still exist in the client map.
Settings > Advanced > Data transfer > Refresh map of my area
Thanks, but I've tried that. Hasn't appeared to work (the stupid cameras are still present). Have also deleted and reinstalled the app, but it appears some things didn't go away with a quick delete/reinstall.
afrayer
Send a message

Post by AggieJM
Has the bug with the incorrect ETA being displayed as "new" when a better route is found been fixed? Up through 3.7.6, anytime Waze found a new route with a better ETA, it would display the original ETA as the "new ETA" and the new ETA would already be displayed in the bottom of the window. Here are screenshots from where I originally reported it in 3.5.3

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37575&p=359390#p359390
AggieJM
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Mesonus wrote:-> No option to disable the Autolearn routes feature
This is controlled server-side, so of course there would be no relation to client version making it re-appear.
vickimachado wrote:We continue to get complaints (posted as URs on the editing map) about the traffic-congestion highlighting function.
This is also controlled server-side. The app will display what the server tells it to.
no1uknow wrote:First time I used the new version, screen dimming issue popped up again.
I got the screen dimming 3 times in the morning commute. It didn't make the screen untappable time, like it used to.
kukimonsta wrote:However, adding a stop on a route is not very obvious with this new version.
The changes were based on requests from users going back over a year. The new method is more simplified and cleaner. This modified process also allowed them to bring back the ability to tap-hold a spot on the map and select it as a stop point. Up to now, this was impossible. This is also something users have been asking for for a long time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Mesonus wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Mesonus wrote:-> No option to disable the Autolearn routes feature
This is controlled server-side, so of course there would be no relation to client version making it re-appear.
Can't believe that... Of course the function itself uses data from the server, but the option to enable or disable this function is clientside.
The option disappeard with the installation of the 3.7.6 client, on another phone I use an older version and it works properly:
That menu is fed to the client on login, so they can update it live any time they want. They choose not to. Why yours hasn't been updated, I can't say. But they removed it between app version releases, so that's all pretty clearly not related to an app release. I also had them rename "Display settings" to just "Display" between app releases.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
aes38 wrote:I have tried to use voice command on my iPhone 5 and it is impossible to use. I keep my phone in one of the cup holders next to my shift. If I try to give voice command, Waze says that it can't hear me. It only works if I yell very loud or move the phone to my mouth.
Voice commands over bluetooth are broken. Trying to use your iPhone built-in mic will be nearly impossible due to ambient noise. So, for the most part, voice commands are currently borked.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I'm having a couple different graphical glitches in the last couple versions. None of which I'm able to easily repeat in order to make tracking the bugs possible.

This is the latest:
gaps_1.jpg
(33.57 KiB) Downloaded 2150 times
gaps_2.jpg
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 2141 times
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dan-smith wrote:I still don't have the option to navigate to a petrol station when I click Navigate in the latest version on my iPad mini. I also don't have the option to Report Fuel prices. This has only happened since the latest update. Where have the fuel price features gone?
What country are you in? I wonder if this might be country specific. (Tip: If you update your forum profile location data, then you won't have to repeat it in the future.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
joe20895 wrote:No sh*t. The gorram voice prompts still don't work right, i.e. at all, other than Ride Along, Tom, Samantha and Default.
Firefly fans ALWAYS welcome. :)

What exactly are the problems you are having with prompts? What do the others not do that the four you mention do?

EDIT: Nvm. I'll catch you in the other thread.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message