Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sketch
kooksie wrote: I'll have to check that - thanks! I have an iPhone 5, so it's not that old - i'm hoping that's not the issue cause it sounds like it wouldn't be an easy fix!
The 3G wasn't that old back then, either! It'll likely need replacement if that's the issue. If you're still under warranty, it'll be covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Also you might wanna try something like "restaurant".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
ohiostmusicman wrote:
sketch wrote: (2) "Routes" button in the main menu does not remember your first stop
Sketch, is it essentially canceling your stop?
Right.
dgood23 wrote:I use the "Add a Stop" functionality regularly and since the 3.7.7 update it's been totally broken for me (iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4). I'll navigate to 'Work' and then navigate again to my son's school so I can drop him off and it shows the stop as being 150 feet away (it's over 2 miles away) and doesn't adjust the route to work at all even though there's a perfectly reasonable route that goes right by the school. And even when it chooses that route, it doesn't actually guide me to the stop, just the original destination. I used this quite often before the update and it worked great.

Another example, I was on my way home from work using Waze's guidance and tried to add a stop (while stopped at a really long red light). It accepted the stop and presented the route dialog which I accepted and then it gave no further guidance at all -- not even a highlighted route on the map.
I wouldn't call it "totally broken"—but it is broken in a lot of ways, many of which I've detailed in this thread. Specifically, in this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73103&start=40#p639284

There's a fourth way I missed in that thread which turns the entire route pink, but I can't remember how to reproduce it.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
davielde wrote:
Namssob wrote:Also, is there no way to change the name of a favorite?!
As far as I know, you can only name a favorite when you add it. You would need to search again under Navigate and re-add the destination as a favorite with the new name.
To skip a step, you can go to the favorite, view it on the map, and add a new favorite in the same location.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
unlimitedsounds wrote:Just a comment..... I post issues that I am having and it appears they never get resolved... Like no more popups.. ETC.... It seems like a lot of other post here without a fix happening. Does anyone from WAZE read the forum?
Yes. Waze is well aware of that particular problem. They are also aware of a lot of other problems. Some problems take longer to fix than others.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
afrayer wrote:Anyone have a suggestion on how to force a map to update in iOS? I've had some red-light cameras removed from the Live Map, but over a week later they still exist in the client map.
Settings > Advanced > Data transfer > Refresh map of my area
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
nmorris119 wrote:
wox33 wrote:Been having an issue that appears to be similar to some others' issues in this forum. When using the suggested 'Are you on your way Home' navigation, the client will get the addresses for Home or Work mixed up. Although it will navigate me to my 'Home' location from work, once I arrive home the app will say arriving at work and announce my work address. .
Just experienced this error this morning for the first time. Waze navigated accurately to Work, but announced "Now arriving at Work, (Home address)". I started navigating using the "Are you on your way to Work" suggestion when starting the app.
This happens to me all the time.

It's not that it gets any addresses "mixed up", it just repeats your previous destination address. It only happens for me when autonavigating to home (not sure if it does it for work, but definitely for home). The TTS says "Arriving at [the address of my previous destination]", and the nav bar will have the address of the previous destination in it too.

Here's an example. My house is not on Maple St, nor is it in New Orleans. My previous destination, however, was.

This has been the case for some time. I'm not sure if it has been acknowledged, but I think I've reported it before.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
I've had the same problem. So far it only happened to me during the previous version in this beta testing cycle, so I figured it was related to the beta. Glad/not glad to hear it's affecting everybody.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by slandrum
Puerto Rico is part of the US. Hence the question.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png