Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by slandrum
chillsonnen wrote:I drive through a parking lot as part of my commute. Waze has not learned this route yet as it doesn't recognize it as a street. As a result, it's constantly giving me inaccurate ETAs as it wants me to drive around. How can I fix this?
Waze does not learn routes, it learns destinations. The language used in the app has been complained about many times.

Waze will (almost) never route you through a parking lot when there are viable street alternatives, even if the parking lot would be much faster. There is nothing to be done to fix it. Waze should update its ETA once you are in the parking lot - assuming the parking lot is mapped. If the parking lot is not mapped, you can learn to how to edit the maps and add the parking lot yourself, or you can request an editor to add the parking lot in the ulock/update request forum for your country.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by slandrum
Also note that the tiles have not been updated for a while, 16-Feb for the US, 17-Feb for the rest of the world.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by slandrum
It's happening on Android too (clipped or missing street names). I think there's been some issues with the TTS servers not getting data to the phones.
slandrum
Send a message

Post by solahuddin1972
Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possoble how to change the alert distance from 500m to 1000m for instance. For me, the default alert distance of 500m is too short.
solahuddin1972
Send a message

Post by speedlever
Just updated to 3.7.7 this morning. I thought there used to be a button to send a request to pickup someone. They would respond and Waze would generate a route to go to their location.

Am I remembering correctly? If so, does that option still exist in the new version?

Otherwise, no lag, slowdown, or other issues as reported above.

Edit: Nevermind. I found it, just didn't look hard enough. ;)
speedlever
Send a message
OnePlus 3 on AT&T
Android 7.1.1
Waze 4.22.1.0

Post by srichgtr
Fuel station search/fuel prices feature now borked.

Error message: uh-oh no petrol stations nearby. It used to find several. I guess someone has changed the radius on the search and made it tiny. Tried it with both wifi and 3g mobile data.

I think it went missing in a previous update but it hasn't been resolved by 3.7.7.
srichgtr
Send a message

Post by srichgtr
davipt wrote:
srichgtr wrote:Fuel station search/fuel prices feature now borked.

Error message: uh-oh no petrol stations nearby. It used to find several. I guess someone has changed the radius on the search and made it tiny. Tried it with both wifi and 3g mobile data.

I think it went missing in a previous update but it hasn't been resolved by 3.7.7.
The petrol stations issue is a Backend issue that sometimes happens, but fortunately it's independent of the client and from the backends for the maps and routing. It should recover shortly ;)
Still waiting for it to do so...it's been broken for months now. :roll:
srichgtr
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
Hello,

I have been a longtime user of Waze. I have been with you guys since 2010. And for some reason have stayed with the app. I purchased an AppRadio in 2012 when I heard waze would support Appradio. In the last year I have grown extremely frustrated with the lack of support and reponse from waze as far as Appradio is concerned. Appradio users are ignored release after release. I suffered through all the glitches of the keyboard not working, image not properly fitting the screeen, unable to swipe or navigate via the Appradio, there seemed to be an issue with every version Waze released (To be expected with earlier versions/no excuse for the most recent versions). It was not until August 28th, 2013 that a version was released that actually worked on my Appradio (version 3.7.3). That means it took the developers an entire year to develop a version that worked (even though waze was listed on Pioneers website and Waze themselves advertised compatibility the entire time). It is my opinion and anyone who knows good business and customer service that you do not release something to the public that does not work, or segregates an important user of your application. So with the introduction of version 3.7.6 and the subsequent 3.7.7 you have taken 10 steps back in my opinion. The market of users who use an external device to navigate such as Pioneer Appradio, JVC, Sony, Applink are a very important market. One you should be paying close attention to.

I will list same issues that I listed about 3.7.6 that were not fixed in 3.7.7.

• There is a dead space (black bar) above the image on the external appradio screen (about 10px) This means the image is not filling the entire screen. Perhaps an easy dimensions problem?
• I am unable to scroll anywhere but the main menu. For example I can not scroll throughout any menu's in settings, I cannot scroll through favourites, I can not scroll through step by step turns during navigation and I can not scroll through results after searching.
-What does that mean? I can not use your app! And neither can any of the other numerous Appradio users.

I have little hope any of this information will even be passed along to the developers. As my experience with Waze is becoming more and more negative, and when I report things like this, there is not even acknowledgement that the developers are aware of the issues and are working on fixing them. A simple compiled list of reported bugs/issues that informs users you are working on a fix would alleviate much of the anger some users feel, but a lot of what users seem to report, falls on deaf ears. For once I would just like someone to respond and let the users know they are sorry for any problems users are experiencing. It is the companies responsibility to make sure ALL USERS are getting the best experience from that said companies product.

I congratulate Waze on its nice layout, features and ease of use (when it does work, experienced this minimally) and how far they have come in three years. I do love some of the things being implemented, but I think not being able to use your app should take precedence over a new look, or new features. Should you not focus on creating an app that works before focusing developers time and energy on the layout? Lets create an app that ALL users can use. I would appreciate hearing from someone from Waze on this matter.
stephenstrath
Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by stephenstrath on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by stephenstrath
ninja98r wrote:The last two Waze updates have really made the appradio user experience terrible!

You can no longer scroll on menu's and/or search results. The top section of the appradio also has a blank black section. I would recommend all appradio users to not update if your currently running version 3.7.3
I wish I had not upgraded. 3.7.3 was the only version Waze has released with no issues on the Pioneer Appradio. It seems us Appradio users are consistently ignored and Waze is more concerned with creating a pretty layout then creating a product that works.
stephenstrath
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
I have included a photo of the black bar present on the Appradio screen that many users are reporting. It is present as long as the map is displayed. Another thing to note is that when a menu is full screen it fills the screen as it should, the problem is only present when the map is displayed.
stephenstrath
Send a message
Attachments