iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iOS 3.7.7 Official Feedback Thread

Postby sketch » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:24 am

RedStarMan wrote:With this version, i noticed that in portrait orientation a banner is constantly displayed over the label that shows my current speed. The stats for the number of wazers and reports displayed in that label do not agree with those displayed in the banner that pops up at the bottom of the screen when Waze is first started. This banner goes away in landscape orientation. See snapshot.

IMG_0789.PNG

I've had this happen to me once or twice over the last few versions—it's a weird glitch for sure, seems to happen when you start up in landscape and then switch to portrait, and only before the "Wazers nearby" box disappears. I haven't been able to reproduce it, though. There might be other circumstances which are necessary to trigger the glitch.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:45 am

I'm having a couple different graphical glitches in the last couple versions. None of which I'm able to easily repeat in order to make tracking the bugs possible.

This is the latest:
gaps_1.jpg
gaps_1.jpg (33.57 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
gaps_2.jpg
gaps_2.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 1908 times
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dan-smith » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:12 pm

I haven't been able to find fuel prices since the update and have noticed that the Waze POis do not be available - always reverts to Foursquare. Has anyone else noticed this?
dan-smith

Postby HoneyBunBunn » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:04 am

This update sucks! Since the update the maps are off to include my normal routes Home & Work. For the FIRST TIME EVER Waze sent me in the wrong direction & got me lost. Please figure out whats up with the maps & routing because it's all wrong!!!!
HoneyBunBunn

Postby omba_de » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:27 am

smithtanya20 wrote:This update sucks! Since the update the maps are off to include my normal routes Home & Work. For the FIRST TIME EVER Waze sent me in the wrong direction & got me lost. Please figure out whats up with the maps & routing because it's all wrong!!!!

Can't confirm!!
Please describe more detailed what's all wrong?!
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Lant1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Still problem with gas prices: "Ops, the price you entered doesn't seem to be correct". Is it because Waze only thinks US dollars?
Lant1
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby omba_de » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Lant1 wrote:Still problem with gas prices: "Ops, the price you entered doesn't seem to be correct". Is it because Waze only thinks US dollars?

Where are you located?
USD is vali inside the US...
But your local currency should be available for the gas price feature.
Is the price you're trying to enter much highjer than the last entered?
Probleme mit i-Gerät und Waze? Bitte melden. Als iOS-expert kann ich dir vielleicht weiter helfen!

AT-Wiki
Wie Waze Routen Kalkuliert
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby WazingArch » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:41 pm

I would like to report the following strange behaviour when displaying long routes. In preview mode app doesn't display the entire route(s) but zooms in to somewhere. This is very strange and uncomfortable. Please fix it.
Country Manager Bulgaria • Translator
Уики България | Best map editing practice
WazingArch
Local Champs Localizers
Local Champs Localizers

Postby sketch » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:28 pm

bgarch wrote:I would like to report the following strange behaviour when displaying long routes. In preview mode app doesn't display the entire route(s) but zooms in to somewhere. This is very strange and uncomfortable. Please fix it.

Seconded. This is a problem.

As of a couple versions ago, the client won't zoom out past a certain point. It used to zoom out very far, to see most of the country. It didn't load the oceans or anything, but I could still see a long route. This is a step backward.
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:46 pm

Various problems with adding new stops:

(1) Adding a stop from an Instant Search (Google) POI result
When adding a stop from an Instant Search result—any result that comes up with the bluish background before you press "Search"—the Add a Stop / New Drive dialog does not come up. It adds the stop without asking. Instant Search only started working for me the other day, so I only just noticed it.

To reproduce: Start a route to a destination. Open the Navigate menu. Start typing a search. Select one of the Instant results.

Desired result: Dialog asking you whether you wish to Add a Stop or start a New Drive.
Actual result: The Instant result is added as a stop (skipping the dialog).

(2) "Routes" button in the main menu does not remember your first stop
When you have a two-stop route programmed, the "Routes" button in the main menu forgets the stop. The routes given will all be to the final destination.

To reproduce: Start a route to a destination. Add a stop. Open the main menu. Select "Routes".

Desired result: Up to three alternative routes to the first stop and then to the final destination.
Actual result: Up to three alternative routes to the final destination.

Selecting any of the routes works as expected—you get the route to your final destination only.

(3) "Routes" button in the main menu, followed by "Back", only halfway remembers your first stop
If, instead of selecting one of those routes, you press the "Back" button in the upper left corner, you retain your original two-stop route, except the entire route is purple and there is no indication or notification when you reach the first step.

To reproduce: Follow the steps in (2). Then, press the "<" back arrow in the "Routes" dialog.

Desired result: Return to the main screen with your two-part pink-and-purple route.
Actual result: Returns to the main screen with your route, except it is all purple and there is no "first stop" flag or alert.
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App