Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby regan-leah » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 pm

paulkok_my wrote:The "Thanks" time still showing incorrectly. IMO it should be 263 seconds instead of 263 minutes. Or better still, should show "4 minutes 23 seconds ago"

I'm having this same problem - been happening for a while.

Samsung S4, Android 4.3, Kansas, USA
regan-leah

Postby rf10 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:46 pm

I've been seeing a lot of the error message "Failed to Communicate with Routing Server" with the new version. Navigation works only about half the time. Typically the error message happens at about 5:00 PM EST.
rf10

Postby risototh1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:01 pm

I have same problem with the "searching network" on my S3. I see that i'm connected as other apps use the connection, but Waze app is not. Also today, i took one route which i have never driven with Waze before, and when i turned at home and actually seen, that this route is not on web, i was disappointed... Even when i was at home, still running the Waze app and the phone was connected thru WiFi, it shown "searching network".

Can you please FIX this issue? The only solution for now is to turn off and on again the app, but sorry, i don't have much time to do this 5 times in hour when i'm driving. Other app are not experiencing this type of problems.

And one more request: Can you please add navigation to coordinates or by selecting the exact place on map? I don't know the address all the time, but i know, where is it on the map... And this will be very helpful.
risototh1

Postby rucknrun » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Using a Moto X with Android 4.4.2.

I like using waze on my commute every day. I used to listen to Audiobooks while using Waze. I have the sound for Waze turned off but I still get pauses in my Audiobook when the turn directions come up. It also happens when listening to Google music or Podcasts. It is really annoying. Bad enough that I have not been using Waze on my commute.

Just wanted to mention this. Didn't see it in the thread already. Sorry if I missed it.
rucknrun

Postby rucknrun » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:08 pm

I have the volume all the way down and the "play sound to phone speaker" switched to off.
rucknrun

Postby rucknrun » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:23 pm

orbitc wrote:
rucknrun wrote:I have the volume all the way down and the "play sound to phone speaker" switched to off.

There should be a gear icon and on the screen when you click on left bottom for the "Menu". Next to it is the sound options. There are 3 options: Off, Alerts only, On. Try that.

Thanks! I will try that too. I missed that one.
rucknrun

Postby rudefyet » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Three issues.

First when connecting to Twitter, after I click authorize app, and Twitter says it's redirecting me back to the application, all I get is this and it never connects/does anything else.

Next is when browsing/adding groups. I constantly see this screen, and cannot view any group details.

Occasionally the listing of groups will load, but if I try to add one I receive the following error. I am signed in.

I experience these issues on both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.2

EDIT: I was able to join a group by changing the orientation of the phone rapidly, forcing the page to reload until it worked.
rudefyet

Postby ruksis » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:57 pm

Same for me since the last update - voice guidance files never downloaded on Nexus 4 and Nexus 7.
ruksis

Postby sandy_scott » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:10 am

Waze does not appear in the "Complete action using" list for some actions.

I've noticed this specifically when choosing the "Navigate" option after tapping on a pin in Google Maps Engine. My phone prompts to use Google Maps or Wisepilot for navigation, but not Waze.

In other scenarios, such as selecting a contact's address, Waze does appear as expected.

Sony Xperia Z (C6603) running Android 4.3
Build 10.4.B.0.569
sandy_scott

Sound to Speaker not working after Android 4.3

Postby shortmancom » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:11 am

Sound to speaker is not working properly, verbal directions are truncated and useless. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Waze App and tried changing to different voice. Tom is my preferred voice. Please fix this. Directions over bluetooth isn't a reasonable option for me because I prefer to use my sound system for radio and I can't have both radio and bluetooth simultaneously.
shortmancom

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App