Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by pharmkat17
Just installed 3.7.7.0 last night on my Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S4 last night. Now, waze is crashing 3-4 times during my 54 mile/1 hr commute. This has happened twice so far (last night and this morning). The previous version was crashing once per trip.
pharmkat17
Send a message

Post by pharmkat17
Two more commutes with the new version...on the way home last night, crashed 5-6 times. On the way this morning, it crashed 3 times before I got on my second (of 5) freeway, AND my navigation stopped coming back up as interrupted. Usually when it crashed, I can just tap the icon and it restarts my route and I don't have to mess with it, since I'm driving. But today, that didn't happen so I couldn't even use it!
pharmkat17
Send a message

Post by psmarques
darthness wrote:Login with username/password does not work. When you login, and then exit the app waze forgets your account! Don't know if it's for every language but it fails for both english and dutch.
Brazilian Portuguese here, the same issue.

I tried to uninstall-install due to the voice commands gone silent (and it did not work ...),
connected with the same account, but now I have 0 points.
psmarques
Send a message

Post by psmarques
vickyrao wrote:This update gives me a problem with sound. Seems like turning on the option for "settings>sound>Play sound to phone speaker" either does not work, or the sound gets choppy. depending on my luck. Most of the time, no sound.

I have to set this option because im always on bluetooth and my phone connects to my car audio system. But i use this for phone calls purpose only and my car audio player is always on Radio function. Therefore without this option, i wont be able to hear any navigation sound.

It use to work before this.

I am using Xperia Z1 C6903 with official Sony firmware on stock 4.3 JellyBean Android.

Any idea on this issue? I even checked with another user who is using Nexus 5, and same issue when Play sound to phone speaker is selected.
Same issue. Voice is gone, and in some rare ocasions you can hears the last syllabes of the word.
It happens either on car BT or phone speaker.

It was working fine ; Not sure, but I am guessing it was the upg to 4.4.

I have an old tablet, that has this WAZE version, but Android 4.0, performed a test, and it worked fine - voice comands were OK, apparently.

language = Brazilian Portuguese
Using MOTO X XT1058 with Android 4.4
psmarques
Send a message

Post by psmarques
Already posted on the new version forum (Android 3.7.8), because the problem remains.

Although in the meanwhile my MOTO X Android version went from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 + Waze went from 3.7.7 to 3.7.8, I still get no voice instructions OR if it is long enough, the final syllables.

Curious : Users who were having this issue on 3.7.7 version had it fixed once they upgraded to 3.7.8 ?

Thanks,
psmarques
Send a message

Post by Quokka_I
The characters for Central European encoding on menus aren't displayed correctly on Android 4.0.3.
Quokka_I
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message
Attachments
[img]https:///mgUUB[/img]https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png
Map editor • Translator

Post by randy80831
basscraze wrote:Why have the categories (Restaurants, Fastfood, Bank, etc) been removed? I was so happy when this was introduced a few versions ago; I finally felt that Waze had completely caught up and surpassed all other navigation apps/devices. But now only Gas is left.

This is both a shame and a pitty. Please get this useful feature back in the app.
I absolutely agree with this....it appears that many of the most useful features of Waze have been left by the wayside in favor of menu oversimplification. I'm not sure what drove these changes, but I doubt the "power" users were consulted. As a "Royalty Wazer" with over 100K points, I certainly feel that we have lost a very large part of what made Waze the great nav program that it was. Now it appears to be just another social program with nav thrown in for good measure. I wonder if this was Google's contribution to the fray?!?

Oh well, time to start looking for a new, real navigation program....
randy80831
Send a message

Post by regan-leah
paulkok_my wrote:The "Thanks" time still showing incorrectly. IMO it should be 263 seconds instead of 263 minutes. Or better still, should show "4 minutes 23 seconds ago"
I'm having this same problem - been happening for a while.

Samsung S4, Android 4.3, Kansas, USA
regan-leah
Send a message

Post by rf10
I've been seeing a lot of the error message "Failed to Communicate with Routing Server" with the new version. Navigation works only about half the time. Typically the error message happens at about 5:00 PM EST.
rf10
Send a message

Post by risototh1
I have same problem with the "searching network" on my S3. I see that i'm connected as other apps use the connection, but Waze app is not. Also today, i took one route which i have never driven with Waze before, and when i turned at home and actually seen, that this route is not on web, i was disappointed... Even when i was at home, still running the Waze app and the phone was connected thru WiFi, it shown "searching network".

Can you please FIX this issue? The only solution for now is to turn off and on again the app, but sorry, i don't have much time to do this 5 times in hour when i'm driving. Other app are not experiencing this type of problems.

And one more request: Can you please add navigation to coordinates or by selecting the exact place on map? I don't know the address all the time, but i know, where is it on the map... And this will be very helpful.
risototh1
Send a message