Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by vickyrao
This update gives me a problem with sound. Seems like turning on the option for "settings>sound>Play sound to phone speaker" either does not work, or the sound gets choppy. depending on my luck. Most of the time, no sound.

I have to set this option because im always on bluetooth and my phone connects to my car audio system. But i use this for phone calls purpose only and my car audio player is always on Radio function. Therefore without this option, i wont be able to hear any navigation sound.

It use to work before this.

I am using Xperia Z1 C6903 with official Sony firmware on stock 4.3 JellyBean Android.

Any idea on this issue? I even checked with another user who is using Nexus 5, and same issue when Play sound to phone speaker is selected.
vickyrao
Send a message

Post by vickyrao
speedlever wrote:I'm also having the same issue with voice guidance giving a partial word or phrase, but mostly silent. I think it depends on how long the voice guidance instructions are. Very short (turn left) I totally miss. Sometimes I'll hear half a word.

Seems the routing server has been having issues this week too.

And, adding an intermediate stop, the time and distance to the intermediate stop is wrong... it appears to be giving time and distance to the next turn, or similar, not the intermediate stop.
Well lets hope Waze helps us to fix this issue soon.
vickyrao
Send a message

Post by wiredNL
I just installed Waze on my new Nexus 5, and it does not work at all. At install, it says it can't access my location (tried it with Wifi, 4G and 3G) and the map looks like the attached screenshot.
Any ideas on how to solve this? I have no issues with Google Maps.
Screenshot_2014-01-28-08-45-44.png
Screenshot
(124.56 KiB) Downloaded 853 times
wiredNL
Send a message

Post by wolfgrrl
Turn by turn directions are having issues on 3.7.7.0 on VZW Galaxy S4 - sometimes it will speak a partial word or a whole word, but it is not completely speaking full directions.

Waze has developed a stuttering problem and is only speaking partial words or sentences. I have uninstalled/reinstalled to no avail. Also, I did a factory reset lately which did not improve the issue.

Please fix this!
wolfgrrl
Send a message

Post by wolfsbane2k
Good Morning,

On today's drive in, I passed 2 road closures due to flooding , so hit the Report->Closures->Later buttons, and the icons sat on the side of the screen nicely. This was done so that the
I could then select the route properly when parked safely.

I then went past a set of new roadworks, and reported a new hazard (Report->Hazard->On-Road->Roadworks). On submission, my 2 saved road closures disappeared.

This is very annoying - the Road Closures were a higher priority than the Roadworks, but they could no longer be reported.

Please can you allow instant reporting while saved reports are kept for future provision.

Thanks
wolfsbane2k
Send a message
Mondeo Driver, lurking somewhere on the M27 but no longer editing.

Post by wolfsbane2k
foxitrot wrote:
Twister-UK wrote: On return to the map view, the zoom, recentre and orientation buttons are missing, and long-pressing on the map has no effect. This state persists until the app is reloaded.
I've experienced the same yesterday (and at least once more a couple of weeks ago). I've then "successfully" sent debug logs (which took hours), yet to report it.
I noticed this yeserday, and repeated it today as well, came on here to report it.
XT890 ( Razr I), Android 4.2.2, T-Mobile UK
wolfsbane2k
Send a message

Post by wolfsbane2k
Raising an issue with being unable to select the correct road for closure, despite being almost on top of the junction.

Catching up from some posts highlighting the issue, with screen shots.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=76316&start=20#p668478

A few more screen shots should follow as well.
wolfsbane2k
Send a message

Post by world_bj108fgx
Waze running on Galaxy Y GT-S5367 i need help to fix it

photos
world_bj108fgx
Send a message
Attachments

Post by world_bj108fgx
I think my problem will never be solved
world_bj108fgx
Send a message

Post by Zatnikitelman
I seem to have an issue where it doesn't recalculate my route properly and ends up dropping my navigation entirely. Today, I was exiting the highway going home, and when I was at the top of the ramp waiting for the light, it still showed me as being on the highway, but at the location of the bridge, thus it had recalculated my route as if I had continued on the highway. When the light turned and I proceeded across the bridge and the rest of the way home, the app never recalculated instead showing "drive to the indicated route." Now for just going home, this isn't too big a deal, but of course, the ETA is waxed if I was going to pick someone up (this time it occurred close to home, but a previous time, it lost the route as I was just starting), and of course I might need this to navigate somewhere I'm unfamiliar with, and it's unsafe to try and re-engage and/or re-share the navigation once I've begun moving. I may not be where I can stop and re-engage and re-share everything.
Zatnikitelman
Send a message
I've learned to trust the ways of Waze!