Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by gerhardstru
gerhardstru wrote:Using a S4 with 4.3. Vocal directions work when using just the phone, when using with BT in my car (VW branded radio) only half sentences. If I use it on my Bike with Scala G4 no sound at all (calls and sms notifications work)

I think I found the problem with the Scala. I have one of those "Smart" covers for the phone. If you close the flap it switches off the screen. I had 2 drive sessions on the bike where I left the cover open and BT works perfectly
gerhardstru
Send a message

Post by gerhardstru
I received a inbox message this morning. Titled how to find cheap fuel. Is this active in South Africa? I cant seem to get any info WRT fuel prices
gerhardstru
Send a message

Post by gerhardstru
jackfaro wrote:Hello there,
Support for the multi-screen feature on Android devices would be nice, also would be nice if the app remembered my choice to remain invisible so i don't have to choose this each time I use the app.

Agreed
gerhardstru
Send a message

Post by hey666
Hello there,
Support for the multi-screen feature on Android devices would be nice, also would be nice if the app remembered my choice to remain invisible so i don't have to choose this each time I use the app.
hey666
Send a message

Post by Humptydank
This has been going on for so long -- why can my Samsung Galaxy S2 perfectly transcribe dictated texts at highway speed, voice commands to navigate my device, and even spoken addresses in Waze navigation search at highway speed, but can't consistently recognize the few commands involved in voice control?

I get perhaps a ten percent success rate, if that, and that's been true since I downloaded it over a year ago. Most of the time it's just "One more time?" and "I didn't understand you."

I've seen other discussions among Android users about this and keep hoping it's going to be sorted with each new update, but it hasn't been. Why can Waze understand spoken addresses but not the 55 words involved in voice commands?
Humptydank
Send a message

Post by Inha1966
Significant bug in new android version...when I attempt enter a search address in Landscape mode a carriage return is assumed (producing an incomplete search result) as soon as I hit the space key. This is forcing me to rotate my phone to portrait to enter a complete address in the search box.

Device: Samsung Note 2 GT-N7105
Adroid 4.1.2
Inha1966
Send a message

Post by irowiki
BovaFett wrote:Since Google recently added SMS support to Hangouts, it's become my go to app for messaging. When I try to send an ETA from Waze via Hangouts, I just get this screen with a spinning icon, no text or link. I can type in the bar at the top bit it doesn't do anything. Is this something with the app pointing to the right features in Hangouts, or is this a Hangouts specific problem?
I came here to post this same thing. I have a Nexus 4 running Android 4.4.2, and if I want to share my ETA, it just freezes. In fact, the only way I seem to be able to share my ETA is via email.
irowiki
Send a message

Post by irowiki
In my case on a Nexus 4, Android 4.4.2 the end of the navigation prompts are cut off.

"In 500 Feet, Turn L---"
irowiki
Send a message

Post by jdeyoung
While phone/OS might be the cause of the crash (I have Razr Maxx HD w/ 4.1.2 - and the crashing with accessibility on has been a very longstanding issue), I too noticed that crash and re-start while navigating didn't restart the navigation in process.
I'm thinking that has nothing to do with model/OS.
jdeyoung
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by JGrinvalds
dpower wrote:Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.
Having the same issue, stuck @ 70%, reinstalled and stuck on 94%.
Using Nexus 5 - Kitkat 4.4.2
JGrinvalds
Send a message