These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by rucknrun
Using a Moto X with Android 4.4.2.

I like using waze on my commute every day. I used to listen to Audiobooks while using Waze. I have the sound for Waze turned off but I still get pauses in my Audiobook when the turn directions come up. It also happens when listening to Google music or Podcasts. It is really annoying. Bad enough that I have not been using Waze on my commute.

Just wanted to mention this. Didn't see it in the thread already. Sorry if I missed it.
rucknrun
Send a message

Post by rucknrun
I have the volume all the way down and the "play sound to phone speaker" switched to off.
rucknrun
Send a message

Post by rucknrun
orbitc wrote:
rucknrun wrote:I have the volume all the way down and the "play sound to phone speaker" switched to off.
There should be a gear icon and on the screen when you click on left bottom for the "Menu". Next to it is the sound options. There are 3 options: Off, Alerts only, On. Try that.

Thanks! I will try that too. I missed that one.
rucknrun
Send a message

Post by rudefyet
Three issues.

First when connecting to Twitter, after I click authorize app, and Twitter says it's redirecting me back to the application, all I get is this and it never connects/does anything else.

http://imageshack.com/a/img14/3225/0c4z.png

Next is when browsing/adding groups. I constantly see this screen, and cannot view any group details.

http://imageshack.com/a/img28/2213/k5ov.png

Occasionally the listing of groups will load, but if I try to add one I receive the following error. I am signed in.

http://imageshack.com/a/img541/5867/rcic.png

I experience these issues on both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.2

EDIT: I was able to join a group by changing the orientation of the phone rapidly, forcing the page to reload until it worked.
rudefyet
Send a message

Post by ruksis
Same for me since the last update - voice guidance files never downloaded on Nexus 4 and Nexus 7.
ruksis
Send a message

Post by sandy_scott
Waze does not appear in the "Complete action using" list for some actions.

I've noticed this specifically when choosing the "Navigate" option after tapping on a pin in Google Maps Engine. My phone prompts to use Google Maps or Wisepilot for navigation, but not Waze.

In other scenarios, such as selecting a contact's address, Waze does appear as expected.

Sony Xperia Z (C6603) running Android 4.3
Build 10.4.B.0.569
sandy_scott
Send a message

Post by sean65ocho
Just adding to the list of issues concerning the navigation speaking sounds which are truncated or non-existent...

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android version 4.3
Waze version 3.7.7

Regardless of language pack chosen, the navigation speaking sounds are truncated unless I am also using using the phone during a phone call at which point the navigation speaking sounds are fine.
sean65ocho
Send a message

Post by shortmancom
Sound to speaker is not working properly, verbal directions are truncated and useless. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Waze App and tried changing to different voice. Tom is my preferred voice. Please fix this. Directions over bluetooth isn't a reasonable option for me because I prefer to use my sound system for radio and I can't have both radio and bluetooth simultaneously.
shortmancom
Send a message

Post by slandrum
Zatnikitelman wrote:I seem to have an issue where it doesn't recalculate my route properly and ends up dropping my navigation entirely. Today, I was exiting the highway going home, and when I was at the top of the ramp waiting for the light, it still showed me as being on the highway, but at the location of the bridge, thus it had recalculated my route as if I had continued on the highway. When the light turned and I proceeded across the bridge and the rest of the way home, the app never recalculated instead showing "drive to the indicated route." Now for just going home, this isn't too big a deal, but of course, the ETA is waxed if I was going to pick someone up (this time it occurred close to home, but a previous time, it lost the route as I was just starting), and of course I might need this to navigate somewhere I'm unfamiliar with, and it's unsafe to try and re-engage and/or re-share the navigation once I've begun moving. I may not be where I can stop and re-engage and re-share everything.
This sure sounds like Waze is losing contact with the GPS, and is now relying on the cell information for approximate location.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by slandrum
Yesterday in my morning drive, I started off with Samantha giving directions, then partway through the drive Samantha went away and I got the non-TTS instructions. Yesterday afternoon Samantha returned, and has been working fine for me today.

I had no trouble with cell connection during the time, but there could have been issues connecting to whatever server supplies the TTS.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png