Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby mikegalon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:35 am

For many versions now, I have experienced daily crashes of Waze. I have finally been able to understand the fail-point and can reproduce it 100% of the time.
If I touch the screen when Waze is displayed and it goes into the "freeze-map" mode (in other words, the map doesn't move while I am driving, but stays at the position that I have moved it to and the "cross-hairs" icon is displayed - not sure what the mode is called officially) and then shift to another app by means of a screen-touch gesture (for example, using the "GMD Gestures" app I apply a two-finger downward swipe to launch my music app) then Waze crashes a few seconds afterwards while Waze is running in the background.
The Waze crash is very specific when launching another app via a gesture-based app (e.g., GMD Gestures). Waze does not crash if it is in freeze-map mode and I press the Home button to go to the home page or when using a sidelauncher to launch another app.

What seems to me to be happening is that while Waze is displayed and then launching an app using a touch-screen gesture, Waze goes into "freeze-map" mode and then while on the move, Waze tries to update the map's location but the freeze-map mode interferes somehow and causes the error.

I would be happy if someone could confirm this. I am running stock JB 4.3 (crash also happened on 4.1.2) on Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300).
mikegalon

Postby mstankevics » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:49 am

dpower wrote:Cannot download any voice prompts for any languages. Gets stuck downloading either at 0% or somewhere in the middle. After a while it times out and "Uh-oh" message appears. This has been doing my head in. I'm not getting any voice prompts (not even English) ever since the update to 3.7.7.0....
Also, now there are only 3 app languages available for me in general settings - Hebrew, English and Chinese. It used to show a lot more than that (I use Russian).
Other than that, great job. Loving the new UI.
LT26i Xperia S.

I got the same problem, but I`m on Samsung S3. Also I know that the same problem exists on LG L7 and other phones. They all are from Latvia and trying to download Latvian/ Latvian TEO or Latvian Jānis...

This happened when update yo 3.7.7.0 came up in the G-Play
mstankevics

Postby orbitc » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:02 pm

rucknrun wrote:Using a Moto X with Android 4.4.2.

I like using waze on my commute every day. I used to listen to Audiobooks while using Waze. I have the sound for Waze turned off but I still get pauses in my Audiobook when the turn directions come up. It also happens when listening to Google music or Podcasts. It is really annoying. Bad enough that I have not been using Waze on my commute.

Just wanted to mention this. Didn't see it in the thread already. Sorry if I missed it.

I do not use Android therefore this is just a suggestion:

Now, by turning the sound off, do you mean "volume down all the way" or using "Menu" and clicking on "sound off" icon. It should not pause at all if the sounds completely off from the that menu.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
CM: U.S.A. & T.C.
• ßeta Tester
• AT&T | iOS 7.0.4 | Waze v3.7.9.914

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby orbitc » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:18 pm

rucknrun wrote:I have the volume all the way down and the "play sound to phone speaker" switched to off.

There should be a gear icon and on the screen when you click on left bottom for the "Menu". Next to it is the sound options. There are 3 options: Off, Alerts only, On. Try that.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
CM: U.S.A. & T.C.
• ßeta Tester
• AT&T | iOS 7.0.4 | Waze v3.7.9.914

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Android v3.7.7.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby paulkok_my » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:52 am

What's New
- Search faster with auto-complete favorites, contacts, history, and addresses (gradual release to users within the United States followed by other countries).
- Simplified main menu for quick & easy access.
- Add stop to existing route more smoothly.
- Bugs fixes.

Info found here
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Malaysia
Galaxy S3 on Android 4.1.2

Join our FB group: Waze in Malaysia on Facebook
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby paulkok_my » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:12 am

Just checked that when I have deleted all the messages from Inbox, it still shows one unread mail.
Inbox.JPG
Inbox.JPG (12.13 KiB) Viewed 1581 times

paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby paulkok_my » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:08 am

paulkok_my wrote:Just checked that when I have deleted all the messages from Inbox, it still shows one unread mail.
Inbox.JPG
This morning the Inbox display is showing correctly. I guess the inbox server sync was delayed with the client.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby paulkok_my » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:54 pm

PharmKat17 wrote:Two more commutes with the new version...on the way home last night, crashed 5-6 times. On the way this morning, it crashed 3 times before I got on my second (of 5) freeway, AND my navigation stopped coming back up as interrupted. Usually when it crashed, I can just tap the icon and it restarts my route and I don't have to mess with it, since I'm driving. But today, that didn't happen so I couldn't even use it!
It will be helpful for other wazers if you could provide your mobile phone brand, model and OS version to see whether they are facing the same problem as yours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:54 am

The "Thanks" time still showing incorrectly. IMO it should be 263 seconds instead of 263 minutes. Or better still, should show "4 minutes 23 seconds ago"
Attachments
Thanks.JPG
Thanks.JPG (10.33 KiB) Viewed 667 times

paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:15 am

dandaninc wrote:Is there a reason that I don't have the option to post my route to facebook like I used to? The button is no longer there.
It will be helpful if you provide info on your mobile phone model, OS version and the steps you tried to post your route to facebook. ;)

This way other wazers can check whether are they facing the same issue as yours.

So far I do not face the problem sharing my drive via facebook.

paulkok_my
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App