These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Voice command not working

Post by Darthreflon
Hi every time I go to use voice commands it doesn't work. If I wave my hand it will go from wait to listening to no connection within a second. If I use the 3 finger tap it just sits there saying wait. I have the latest update on my Galaxy s4. I tried searching to see if anyone else had this issue but found nothing. Hope this is the right place to post this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Darthreflon

POSTER_ID:418764

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
There was definitely an issue in v3.7.6, as noted by a couple Android users in this thread, though most of the posters there were iOS users. iOS still has voice command issues when using bluetooth.

Surprisingly, though, the current official feedback thread (always sticked in this forum) has no mention of voice command problems. I searched the thread for 'voice', 'asr' and 'command' and only found issues with voice prompts downloads, which was a known issue in certain countries.

Maybe some other Android user will come along and have some helpful advice, since it seems that not too many people have this issue at this time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
stang7043 wrote:having the same issue on my note 2. Ive posted here before about this issue with no response from support.
Are you expecting Waze employees to answer you on the forums? If so, perhaps re-read the read me first post which explains this.

Otherwise, it appears no one else in the community may have an answer for you.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jrtwynam wrote:Just an update, I installed v3.8 yesterday, but the issue is still happening. Since my message to support a few months ago (where they assured me that this is a known issue and they'd be releasing a fix for it "soon"), they've released two updates. Neither fixed the issue.
Have you deleted the app completely, including the file system folder and reinstalled from scratch? Do you have BT turned on on your device and is it connected to a car stereo at the time? Regardless of Waze uses BT, having the phone connected via BT may be implicated.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by boca4444
One year from last post and I'm having same problem. Deleted the app, re installed still no voice commands except on wifi. What a bummer and never hear from support.
boca4444
Send a message

Post by ffabiossilva
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to place my question, please be so kind to move it if not.

I love waze, only problem is that I recently started using much more my motorcycle than the car in this process I use a wired headphone to listen to the alerts and directions. The problem arises when I try to use the voice commands. Apparently it doesn't use the headphones mic but only the phones "default" one.

Does anyone know if this is a solvable issue? On the bike I have to take off the gloves n order to get directions or to report something, If I could use the voice commands I would just have to wave my hand over the screen... can anyone help?

Thank you all for the attention
ffabiossilva
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jpflager
My android phone will ask me to enter a voice command but ignore what I say. After three tries it cancels. Any suggestions?
jpflager
Send a message

Post by jpflager
Never mind. I have 3.9.5.3 which only does go home.
jpflager
Send a message

Post by jrtwynam
Just thought I'd chime in here. I'm an Android user (Galaxy S4, using Android 4.3 and Waze 3.7.7). I have the same "no connection" problem, but unfortunately I don't have any helpful advice on how to fix it. I was hoping someone may have figured it out since the last post in this thread.

For me, everything else about the app is working great - the only thing I can't do is anything requiring voice commands (mainly reporting stuff I come across in my travels), i.e. right now the app only allows me to take, and not to give. I'd like to get this working and change that.
jrtwynam
Send a message

Post by jrtwynam
Hi again,

I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to solve this issue. I did send a note to support, and they said it was a known issue that they'd have a fix for soon. That was sometime back in February, and I believe there has been a new release since then, but it didn't solve the issue.

Since my last post on this, I've upgraded from Android 4.3 to 4.4. I've experienced this issue on both versions, and I've tried rooted and unrooted in both versions.

Thanks.
jrtwynam
Send a message