These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by enots27
I have managed to get it working maybe a fault their end. Goodies were working in the last version there were Christmas ones before Christmas. I have noticed that i cannot change the car picture from the green arrow. What does the line in the middle of the roads represent.
enots27
Send a message

Post by karlfoley
I've ran version 2.0.2.0 on a Storm 2 device without the issues mentioned.
I did have to manually delete the Waze directory once though - Have you tried this?
karlfoley
Send a message

Post by karlfoley
I managed to install and start v2.0.2.1 with no problems.
The road munching points seem to be back in this version, but no goodies yet?
karlfoley
Send a message

Post by Rsammon4281
i've been having ALOT of problems with this one. No goodies (just found out i picked up a bonus one today, heard the noise but no candy and no notification), seems to lose gps/network ALOT (never had this problem before, except in obvious spots).......

it's a shame cause i LOVE how this one has the cookies on the roads to see, but with all these issues i'm considering going back to 2.0.2.0.......

Also, anyone know why 2.0.2.1 was not shown in the announcments? I subscribe to that forum so I know when there's a new version to try......
Rsammon4281
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Making GPS easier for YOU, one segment at a time......

Southern Ontario Area Manager
1999 Chevrolet Cavalier and 2006 Freightliner Columbia
Blackberry Torch 9800

Post by unwallflower
Adventurer wrote:Hi,

I notice that a lot of road segments are marked as 'split' on this client (line down the middle of the road). I just checked the live map, and none of the roads that the client says are split are in fact split.

I'm using a BB 8900.

Thanks,

Craig
Well, the "separating line" isn't displayed in the live map (which is probably why none of them appeared to be split when you checked it). You have to check Cartouche (click on live map, and then update map) in order to see if the roads have the separating line or not. I don't think there's an issue with roads in the BB client displaying as separated for no reason... I think that the live map just doesn't display this kind of detail. If you check cartouche I suspect you'll find that the roads ARE split after all.

If the roads do not have a separating line in real life (a median, or something that prevents you from crossing the middle of the road), you can then get rid of the separating line in cartouche.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
CBenson wrote:
unwallflower wrote:I don't think there's an issue with roads in the BB client displaying as separated for no reason...
It kind of seems like it to me. I use an EDGE 8310. As the 8310 is too old to be supported by waze, I hesitate to conclude anything by how it performs. That being said, after loading release 2.0.2.1, many, but not all, of the roads show as greyed with a line running down the middle. I have not been able to correlate the roads that have the line with any common feature. The lines do not correspond to having the separating line box checked in cartouche. The roads do not appear this way on my wife's Droid 2.
Oh hmm. Could you maybe post a screenshot? Have you tried changing the color scheme?
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Thanks for the screenshot! Could these possibly be the munchable roads? I don't know what the "munching" indicator looks like on the BB version (back when I had a Blackberry they didn't even show the munchable roads as any different from other roads). Just brainstorming.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
Yeah, munchable roads are usually displayed with dots. I wasn't sure if it was the same for the Blackberry, but it sounds like it is.

Weird! It seems like something is definitely wrong then.
unwallflower
Send a message