These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Several issues

Post by AbjurerZna
My device is a Samsumg Galaxy Tab 3, wifi only. Using Waze, I have several problems.

1. My web dashboard stays on metric, no matter how many times I change it to imperial.

2. Since my device is wifi only, it obviously loses its connection when I leave home. But when I get back, the Waze app is unable to reconnect to the network. The app shows the little red icon and the message "attempting to reconnect" (or whatever it is) The only way to make it reconnect is to turn off the Waze app and restart it.

3. Because of #2, none of my miles have been recorded on my dashboard, even though I've been using Waze for a couple of months.

4. I no longer see the "Quick Help" box on the Support page, no matter what browser I use, so I no longer have a way to submit a trouble ticket.

Am I SOL on these issues?

Fred
AbjurerZna

POSTER_ID:16857019

Send a message

Post by AbjurerZna
Thank you for your answers; it was pretty much what I'd gathered from my own reading. I am not terribly worried by not having instant traffic updates and stuff like that.

This is what bugs me: Why can't the Waze app reconnect to my network when I get home? When driving with Waze on, naturally it can't connect from a wifi-only device, but shouldn't it be able to find and connect to a network when it is within easy range of the router? And yes, the router is working. Other apps on the device can find the network with no problem. But the Waze app just sits there with the little red blob and the message "Searching network..."

And Ask A Question is not helpful in this situation. Entering the question "Why can't the waze app reconnect to my network when I get home?" give the response "Your question was not comprehensible, please elaborate." Giving it the as much of the above paragraph as it can handle produces the answer to "Are points uploaded when using offline navigation?" From that answer, I gather that the app is supposed to be able to reconnect to a network. So why can't/won't it?

Fred
AbjurerZna
Send a message

Post by alexs001
AbjurerZna wrote:This is what bugs me: Why can't the Waze app reconnect to my network when I get home? When driving with Waze on, naturally it can't connect from a wifi-only device, but shouldn't it be able to find and connect to a network when it is within easy range of the router? And yes, the router is working. Other apps on the device can find the network with no problem. But the Waze app just sits there with the little red blob and the message "Searching network..."
This is a common complaint of any user who drives out of cellular coverage, myself included. According to this page in the wiki, it is likely to be rectified in a future version: https://www.waze.com/wiki/Wishlist
alexs001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 9
Send a message
Local Champ: Canada
Area Manager: Okanagan Valley, BC / Newfoundland and Labrador

https://s.waze.tools/c6.png https://s.waze.tools/s0500.png

Post by AndyPoms
AbjurerZna wrote:1. My web dashboard stays on metric, no matter how many times I change it to imperial.
Yea, it does that. Known issue.
AbjurerZna wrote:2. Since my device is wifi only, it obviously loses its connection when I leave home. But when I get back, the Waze app is unable to reconnect to the network. The app shows the little red icon and the message "attempting to reconnect" (or whatever it is) The only way to make it reconnect is to turn off the Waze app and restart it.
Waze REQUIRES a data connection to work properly - it can handle short periods of no connectivity, but not the way you describe. The always-on data connection is needed due to the fact that Waze calculates routes (and recalculates based on changing conditions while en-route) on the server side, Waze also uses the data connection to sent information from your device to the servers for use in real-time calculations and historic data storage. Without a data connection, you won't get alerts from others / be able to post reports from the app either. See Item #32 of the Waze FAQ for more information.
AbjurerZna wrote:3. Because of #2, none of my miles have been recorded on my dashboard, even though I've been using Waze for a couple of months.
See answer above.
AbjurerZna wrote:4. I no longer see the "Quick Help" box on the Support page, no matter what browser I use, so I no longer have a way to submit a trouble ticket.
Click "Ask a Question" on the left side.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ