Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Window phone Waze app kills battery..

Post by AnasZia
Kindly adjust the waze app with less battery consumption for window phone users..
AnasZia

POSTER_ID:16865726

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Not just GPS, but it is constantly using data services, sending info and receiving info about other Wazers, traffic data, etc., and repeatedly checking for better routes while you drive. In general, Waze uses more power because it is doing significantly more work than any other GPS nav app. A 2amp or higher car charger is a necessity.

3D mode also uses more power than 2D.

Not sure I recommend the "refresh map" option because that clears all of your map cache first and then freshly downloads all map tiles again, thus causing more power consumption as you travel around. If you don't clear the map cache, you may not need to download those map tiles.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by nhanway
Waze uses a lot of battery because it connects to the phones GPS. The GPS requires allot of battery. This is true for all different types of phones I recomend pluging your phone in while driving.

I also recomend downloading your area map. You do this by going to:
Settings > Advanced > Data Transfer > Refresh map of my area.
Doing this will download the map arround you so your phone does not have to use data as much while driving. Saving a little power.

Besides that waze has made some improvements to save power.

I hope this helps!
nhanway
Send a message