Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iPhone Beta 2.0.99.21 and .22 Feedback

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I notice that there is a difference in the categories for viewing Events and Categories for reports. Hazards and Speed Cams are no longer viewable separately, apparently under "Other" but they still have their own category for Reporting. This is likely on purpose, but I just wanted to call this out.

I don't have the full change log, so I am not sure if this was supposed to be fixed or not: Event filter when viewing an event doesn't "stick" so when I close the events view and back to the map view, I still see "all" events within the radius.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Last edited by AlanOfTheBerg on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Not a bug, per se, but I am registering my dislike of the new method of scrolling the map while driving. The new visual, both in 2D and 3D view in map center mode, has the map stay perfectly still while the car icon moves along the road for a short distance, then the map scrolls, moving the car backward (backward relative to the physical device, but it stays in the right place relative to the map). This repeats over and over again. I saw nothing wrong with the consistent way the scrolling worked before. This is a step backward, IMO.

Here is a video clip of this action.

I DO like the new verbal prompting for "and then..." when two turns are coming up relatively close to each other.

However! :), I feel it is too sensitive. Today, I was traveling along a residential road around 25MPH and had two turns come up. I was notified with the "and then" prompt, but there was about 15 seconds of residential driving between the turns. This is way to far in advance, especially because it then prompts again. I received 4 notifications for the 2nd turn. At 45MPH+ and freeways speeds, this makes sense because the timing is so fast, but at residential speeds, this is unnecessary. I feel the "and then" prompt should be based more on time, not distance. If the next turn should come up in 5 seconds or less, for example.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by AlanOfTheBerg on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BUG: Zoom level doesn't revert after tapping on a fellow wazer.

Situation: 2D mode, zoomed in so I can clearly see all side streets. Wazer appears at an edge of the screen.
Action: I tap on the Wazer.
What happens: the screen zooms out to show the other Wazer's location and put the pop-up box on the screen.
Action: I tap the close button
What happens: the screen goes back to my location, but doesn't return to the zoom level I had previously set.

Here is a video of this happening.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by AlanOfTheBerg on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BUG: Using option "Display top bar on tap" hides Update Details address number entry.

Situation: Turn on Map option "Display top bar on tap"
Actions: Drive to an address location. Tap the screen to bring up the controls. Tap the Update Map pencil icon. Tap the Update Details button.
Result: You cannot enter the address numbers because the "top bar" is overlaying the address number entry bar.

You can see this behavior in this video. (Sorry that it's a little long. I didn't want to spend a long time editing it down.)

Another BUG revealed in the video is that the map does not reappear until I tap the center/follow button.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by AlanOfTheBerg on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BUG: street names rendered upside down when traveling north (sometimes)

When I came to a stop at an intersection when traveling north, I noticed Waze was rendering street names upside down. This appeared to be only if Waze was in center/follow mode because when I tapped the "North" button, the names flipped right-side up. After tapping the center/follow button, the names reverted again.

IHere is a video clip where you can see this..

Just like the other video where the street names are flipped, but this video shows it flipping back and forth while driving. Additionally, even the vertical street names flip. It must have something to do with compass bearing because this only appears to happen while driving near north. It might also happen while driving near south, but I have yet to verify:

Flipping happens while moving video
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by AlanOfTheBerg on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I have updated a few of my previous posts with video captures of the bugs.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BUG: Landmarks are not properly rendered; have "gap" areas within the landmark.

Compare:
Permalink: Tualatin Hills Nature Park geometry

Client screenshot:
http://belloqsdomain.net/images/landmark_geo_gaps.png
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ISSUE: "Are you in traffic" popup language isn't the correct question. Of course I am in traffic.

FIX: Ask the question you really mean to ask: "Are you stuck in traffic?" or "Are you in heavy traffic?" or "Is traffic slow or stopped?".

http://belloqsdomain.net/images/in_traffic_popup.png
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BUG: Stopping changes the car icon to an arrow as Waze shifts itself out of center/follow mode.

Please see the linked video which shows me coming to a stop light. At 0:23, Waze changes the car icon to an arrow and the interface is no longer in center/follow mode. There is a gap in the video, so as soon as I start driving again, Waze updates the ETA as the arrow icon shows me moving, but the map no longer moves, so the arrow is allow to drive all the way off the screen. (I trimmed the video before that happened.)

I notice that the same upside-down text bug happens here, but icon change to the arrow doesn't happen at the same time as the text flip, but these two bugs could be related somehow.

Waze beta 2.0.99.22: Stopping (facing north?) changes follow mode
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BUG: Waze verbal instructions are "held" until after a phone call completes.

What happened: I was running Waze while driving and received a phone call, which I answered using my BT headset. During the call, Waze is, of course, put into the background but continues to run. During the call, I went through three turns for which Waze would have prompted me verbally, however, no verbal prompts came through the speaker, nor the BT headset. When the call was completed and I hung up, I then heard the three turn instructions in rapid succession.

Reproducability: Unsure. This has only happened one time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message