These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Pins appearing on opposite side.

Post by mper900
For the last maybe 4 days I noticed that when I make a report it appears on the side of the road. If I'm heading northbound it appears in the southbound. I tried resetting my phone and also tried to toggle between the direction switch and still no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mper900

POSTER_ID:11052894

Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
mper900 wrote:For the last maybe 4 days I noticed that when I make a report it appears on the LEFT side of the road.
I assume you left out the word I added in bold above (assuming you are right hand drive)?

Maybe post a screen snapshot when it happens. Maybe there is something else we can recognize might be related. I personally have NEVER seen it fail. I can only get it to the other side of the road when I set the "other side of the road" in the report.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by mper900
I will take a screen shot kent, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mper900
Send a message

Post by slandrum
Your report pin is where Waze thinks you are located based on your phone reporting its position. This may not be exactly where you are at the moment due to a number of things, not least of which is that the phone GPS may not be very inaccurate. When editing the map, you will see all kinds of GPS tracks that don't follow the road very closely. Waze smooths that out when you are driving, so you don't see yourself bouncing around or driving off the side of the road.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png