These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by TSinge8
I think I've found a clue here...

I was playing with the client (after over a week of not being able to report, chit-chat, whatever) and determined that if I don't send the report to any of the groups I'm in, then it goes just fine!

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So, for those with reports problems, leave your groups temporarily and see if you can send your reports again.

Perhaps it will work for you too!
TSinge8
Send a message
iPhone 4 - Area Manager for Colorado Springs, CO

Post by TSinge8
It seems as though even after they remove he comma from the group name, he waze client still maintains (cache perhaps?) the old name of he group and so all reports continue to fail...
TSinge8
Send a message

Post by TSinge8
The caches group names have been updated. The fix to the group name to remove the commas now shows up when you submit a report. Perhaps the weekly update refreshed hat cache...
TSinge8
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
I wish I had a real answer for you, but you may want to edit the title of this post to contain [SUPPORT] so they'll notice it. It seems like something deserving of their attention, because it looks like it's not just you having problems.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by wallb
Same problem here with iPhone 3GS and Waze v4.1.0.0
wallb
Send a message

Post by wallb
reply from support :
Hi wallb,

It seems we have a problem with sending reports while groups that have comma (,) in the name are involved.

Assuming that this bug is the only reason why you'd like to delete the group, I'll just update its name in a way that the problem won't occur again (by removing the commas).

We are working on a more general solution but I believe that changing the name will solve the problem in the meanwhile.

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Regards,

Shirli
wallb
Send a message

Post by wallb
wallb wrote:reply from support :
Hi wallb,

It seems we have a problem with sending reports while groups that have comma (,) in the name are involved.

Assuming that this bug is the only reason why you'd like to delete the group, I'll just update its name in a way that the problem won't occur again (by removing the commas).

We are working on a more general solution but I believe that changing the name will solve the problem in the meanwhile.

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Regards,

Shirli
didn't work for me...
Wallb
wallb
Send a message

Post by wallb
it's now working, have you done something ?
Regards,
Wallb
wallb
Send a message

Post by xbassman
There is definitely something wrong with reporting with the new client.

I can report with mine, but am having issues as well.

Yesterday when I would start the client it would sometimes show a few reports, then drop back to zero.
Then more would show up and for some reason I would get reports from Nashville TN at the top of the list. (kinda funny since I set a 25 mi. radius)
Sometimes I would see 40 reports listed maybe, 8 would be local and others as far or farther than 1000 miles away.

The new reporting features are nice, but this erratic behavior makes one not even check the reports. (Normally the first thing I do after launching the client)
xbassman
Send a message
Area Mgr. - Tulsa, OK