These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Routing/Map Issues

Post by mdqueenz
For almost two weeks now routing has been broken on my client and as an area manager, I have been getting lots of reports about the same issue from other users.

The route does not displaying properly on screen, many segments are missing, and the client keeps constantly rerouting.

MD
NYC, Long Island Area Manager
mdqueenz

POSTER_ID:71334

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I must chime in here. Yesterday I had the routing server error come up four times before I got a route.

Today, it failed and I left it alone, but the Client kept trying, and I ended up getting around 14-15 routing server errors on my drive to work today. This is my usual Drive To "Work" selection and I was on all the same roads I usually follow. Nothing special. Just routing failures.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by GapSpanner
Routing has been particularly bad of late. My trip to CA last week was just shy of 800 miles, door to door. The route Waze finally gave me (after several attempts) was over 1,500 miles - took me to Portland, OR, then east through Idaho, Utah and back into Sacramento before heading south again.

Glad I didn't follow that route. :)
GapSpanner
Send a message

Post by harling
mdqueenz wrote:For almost two weeks now routing has been broken on my client and as an area manager, I have been getting lots of reports about the same issue from other users.

The route does not displaying properly on screen, many segments are missing, and the client keeps constantly rerouting.
I have experienced the same thing: for destinations beyond ~20 miles I only get a "Routing server internal error" message, and in some areas (e.g., downtown Boston) the routes start to develop gaps in their highlighting, and after a few recalculations they look like randomly-highlighted segments scattered across the map. And it did start a couple weeks ago (i.e., around the first of February).

I have described this problem to Waze, and they are looking into it. I'm glad that it isn't just me!
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
support wrote:2. If its a broken route problem, it would be very helpful if you could send us a screenshot from the client, with details about the specific route.
Thanks Amit. FWIW, I did not have any routing problems in Boston over this past week, but I have seen the "missing road section in route" bug a couple times in specific places. The next time I see it, I'll try to get a screen shot before I drive onto it, or maybe I can pull over. But it looks exactly like it sounds: one road section in the route is simply not highlighted, and as long as you are on it, Waze reroutes repeatedly. It's as though the routing algorithm thinks the previous & next segments are connected to each other, but the map & client still show the segment between them, just not highlighted as part of the route.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by pierre-dnb
Is there a bug reference or anyway we could be notified when this gets fixed or what the status is?
I have a similar issue: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8261

Pierre
pierre-dnb
Send a message

Post by rkoo
Same here in Sweden. Lots of broken routings and missing route parts for the last couple of weeks.
During this same time I also don't get my points updated even though I use it everyday and send reports.
rkoo
Send a message

Post by support
Hi all

We are aware of this issue and have a few suggestions:

1. If it's a non refreshing tile problem, try to re-route using a WiFi connection.
Please let us know in it solves the problem.

2. If its a broken route problem, it would be very helpful if you could send us a screenshot from the client, with details about the specific route.

You can answer it this forum or via alpha@waze.com,

Regards,

Amit
WAZE Support
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message