New Android beta - 2.0.99.112 - official feedback post

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: New Android beta - 2.0.99.112 - official feedback post

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 am

Yeah minor stuff from my too, i don't seem to suffer the position lockscreen wandering like others do though.

Unsure about the "report irrelevant" bug. I accidently triggered two auto reports last night, on while getting petrol :cry: and the other while just driving too slowly (yep, I'm shocked too!). The latter I could remove, the former I had no option, almost like it wasn't actually my report!?

Beyond that they graphical glutches are a little annoying!
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby rlpl » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:13 am

Atlas85 wrote:Further: Waze sometimes "forgets" to come along with you...So after turning, the client stays on the same spot, whereas the car is moving. I have to select "me on map" again to fix this.

Seasider wrote:1. Waze loses gps lock so have to press ' me on map' to get it back.

Same happens to me but I thought it was a hardware problem (dirty touchscreen). Please check if random taps are generated on your devices in other programs. Maybe the problem with the new waze is that it is too sensitive?

Seasider wrote:2. Can no longer ' report irrelevant' traffic events.

dmcconachie wrote:Unsure about the "report irrelevant" bug. I accidently triggered two auto reports last night, [...] The latter I could remove, the former I had no option, almost like it wasn't actually my report!?

Same happens to me but it also happened at the previous release: some reports can be canceled, some cannot. I ignore this problem.
My previous login name was rl_pl.
rlpl

Postby superslacker87 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:39 pm

More observations: It will at random change from the car icon to the green triangle and leave me sitting on the map, rather than following me like I would want it to do.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Justin Miller
Omaha, NE Area Manager
Running Waze on a Samsung Galaxy S3 and sometimes an iPhone 4
[ img ]
superslacker87

Postby rlpl » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:24 pm

This is exactly the same problem as above: waze stops following your position at no (or unknown) reason.
My previous login name was rl_pl.
rlpl

Postby unwallflower » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Seasider wrote:3. Can't change my mood or car avatars as the lists are blank

You sure you've updated to this newest beta? It's 2.0.99.112. This mood/car problem was in the previous (2.0.99.109 beta) that came out a few days prior to the newest beta. They fixed it in 2.0.99.112... my lists are no longer blank, at least.
unwallflower

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Yeah fixed for me in 112 too!
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby tmitche2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:32 pm

Love that you have fixed the Moto droid in a car dock lockup when changing from day to night and night to day. And also when taking out of dock.

Problems I have with this load are when I go from day to night or night to day, it changes waze back into portrait and won't go back to landscape till I get out and go back in. Secondly, Auto zoom seems to go out too far I don't even see roads anymore. Especially if I switch to another app and come back. Getting out and going back in will fix it.

If these have already been reported, I apologize for reporting again.
tmitche2

Postby puzia » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 pm

android 2.2 on HTC Legend

When you click on an wazer icon on the map, in the russian translation doesn't work ping function: ping window opens in not normal size and ping button is not visible.

When you drive and stoping on crossroads in "me on map" mode, this mode drop focus and instead of small car icon will show arrow icon.
puzia

Postby styckx » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 pm

I hadn't used waze in over a month because I was sick of the bug where the roads never render. Then I saw yesterday we have new betas so I installed the newest. First thing this morning I fired up Waze and.... Invisible roads..

Uninstalled again.

Samsung Epic 4g / Froyo (eb13)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
styckx

Postby rcocchiararo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Invisible roads might when you zoom in too much.

My gps lock tends tio fail/forget me when I stop/turn too much (our works great on the highway on my way to work, then when I start looking your a parking place on the streets, bam.

Remember that you can re position/re activate the "on me"function with the back button now tho.
rcocchiararo

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App