These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Hanstilburg
Since I upgraded to this version 2.0.2.304 on my Storm 2 (9520) the keyboard on the touchscreen is always visible. This reduces the map to less then half the screen. Would be good if I could hide the keyboard. Can't find how to do it.
Hanstilburg
Send a message

Post by ivanjaen
Another fault with this new version, it shows de road goodies all the time, it should dissapear after a few seconds but it doesn't. And yes, it freezes a lot. So dissapointing. Will look for an earlier version.
ivanjaen
Send a message

Post by jmpoole
I have encountered two problems with the Blackberry client on my Bold 9650.

First, WAZE fails with a timeout error message when attempting to route to a distant destination. I have made two trips from NC to the DC area using WAZE, and it failed to calculate the route in either direction from origination to destination. To workaround this issue, I have to set destination to an intermediate city along the route and then later redo route request to the real destination.

Second, if using the media player on the Blackberry to play MP3s, WAZE sounds and voice cause the media player to pause the current song, so that you can hear the WAZE messages. This part works well, but the media player is not resumed once the WAZE sounds are completed. This should be possible since answering a phone call while using the media player similarly suspends media player, and once the phone call terminates, the media player song resumes where it left off. WAZE seems to pause media player correctly (although this could be more of a Blackberry OS function when another application has audio), but the resume for media player needs to be fixed.

It's a great GPS application, and I look forward to map data getting better as more users use it. There are other "nice to have" features that would be good functionality additions such as allowing intermediate destinations (via points) if your trip has multiple stops before the final destination. Another nice to have would be the ability to search for locations along your route such as a restaurant to identify a location that will be coming up along your current route.
jmpoole
Send a message

Post by karlfoley
I'm quite disappointed with this one.
I've got Waze on WM, Android, IOS and Blackberry and the Blackberry version is the worst one. It's a real shame because the Blackberry is my primary device and the tablets aren't easy to mount in the car.
I found that my Storm II ran Waze in compatibility mode by default, and when I switched to normal mode, almost all the touch functionality from the previous version had gone.
I'm kinda jealous of my wife who runs it on an iPad from the passenger seat. :(
karlfoley
Send a message

Post by karlfoley
I just reloaded 2.0.2.3 from m.waze.com and my touchscreen has magically started working.
Was this an updated 2.0.2.3?
I am worried that support for Blackberry is being dropped...
karlfoley
Send a message

Post by kawimantab
Loads of issues with 2.0.2.3 on my Bold 9700 (OS 6)

Not loading past the "Blue Waze" screen..............but still able to use menu via BB button
Freezing of the map when using zoom
Freezing of the screen when Traffic notifications pop up

This is every day, every boot up, all the time............... :evil:
kawimantab
Send a message
I'm the original Orangutan.....better believe it!!!

Post by keyudo
I have a Curve 9300 3G and the same problem . Groupalerts let frozen the BB and only a Battery pull can stop the app.
This is a real bug and we need help timely, because waze is a amazing app an community and I like it.
keyudo
Send a message

Post by KnotAllThere
I've found that the menus are now activated by the Blackberry trackball button. Push it and it will come up.

However, a lot of the menu choices are missing, and there is no menu choice for options / settings on my 9630. :x
KnotAllThere
Send a message

Post by KnotAllThere
Ditto. I've bascially stopped using Waze since this version came out.
KnotAllThere
Send a message

Post by Morbium
Any word on when is this going to be fixed, or any touch screen functionality? I've got a Torch 9800 and think it's a great idea for an app, and an awesome social plus mapping idea, but it so not working correctly. Using the menus is awkward in that I press the Blackberry button, I sometimes get the regular blackberry options, and then sometimes the full list of Waze options.

I want to be able to use the touch screen to scroll the map or to click on the notifications at the top, doesn't happen. Also, I've had a notification for collecting candy stuck on the screen and don't know how to clear it.

So far, the app feels very "awkward" to use, wish there were hot keys to press..once again..a touch screen issue.
Morbium
Send a message