Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by alexisracr
paulkok_my wrote:
goimir wrote:Scoreboard on "friends" just suggests that I connect to facebook. When I click the link it prompts me to disconnect. All my facebook friends on waze are there in the "friends" button on the map and elsewhere, but even after disconnecting and reconnecting waze, I still cannot see how far ahead of my girlfriend I am. Last I knew I was only 47k ahead of her.

Samsung Captivate Glide on AT&T

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk
I'm also facing the same thing on FB friends scoreboard. Non FB scoreboard no problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I had the same exact issue and I found out the solution here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12507

You just need to add or remove a friend in facebook so that an update request will be sent to Waze.
alexisracr
Send a message

Post by amits1995
Hey tgere im using android kitkat 4.4 on the galaxy s 4.
My Device language is set to english.
My waze app language ia set to hebrew.
All the text in the app is hebrew but the assistant is still talking english.
amits1995
Send a message

Post by antgel
Hi all,

Since the last update (I'm running Kitkat), Waze lost both my favourites and my list of recently-searched destinations. This is most annoying. Is it a known issue, and is there any workaround? I can't believe this stuff isn't stored in the cloud...
antgel
Send a message

Post by ARedPug
Hi

Since the last update the app has become unusable.

Every time I open it I'm told I'm a new user and I have to create an account or Login with Facebook.
I neither have nor want a Facebook account - I loathe any connection to this nightmare.

I have an account. I don't want to see a welcome video and I am not a new user.

Great app that has become a pain in the arse and if it doesn't get sorted soon I will be disappointedly uninstalling it. :x
ARedPug
Send a message

Post by Barry_Dillon
I have a problem that the Waze app closes after a while after the screen is off. I use this app while on my motorcycle with my bluetooth helmet. I will have Waze open, turn the screen off and put it in my jacket pocket. It works for a little bit, then just closes out when moving or even navigating.

Moto X - Verizon
Barry_Dillon
Send a message

Post by Barry_Dillon
paulkok_my wrote:Can you check how long before waze closes ? Can you also check whether there is no other app closing waze when the screen is switched off? Lastly please also check whether there are too many apps running in the back ground. It might be the Android OS is closing the client due to insufficient ram.

It shouldn't be a memory problem. I have 481 Mb used and 1.3 Gb free for ram usage. I can start the phone from a cold boot and run only Waze as the active application, and it still closes. I think it is closing due to the screen being off, so it thinks it is inactive. I can use version 3.7.2 as the only thing different on my phone without issue. From this version up, it closes with the screen off.
Barry_Dillon
Send a message

Post by Barry_Dillon
SocalToe wrote:Rather than turn the screen off, set it to full dim and see what happens.........
That's not going to be an option as the phone will receive random button presses my pocket.
Barry_Dillon
Send a message

Post by Barry_Dillon
OSUBigToe wrote:
chekt wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:Can you check how long before waze closes ? Can you also check whether there is no other app closing waze when the screen is switched off? Lastly please also check whether there are too many apps running in the back ground. It might be the Android OS is closing the client due to insufficient ram.

It shouldn't be a memory problem. I have 481 Mb used and 1.3 Gb free for ram usage. I can start the phone from a cold boot and run only Waze as the active application, and it still closes. I think it is closing due to the screen being off, so it thinks it is inactive. I can use version 3.7.2 as the only thing different on my phone without issue. From this version up, it closes with the screen off.
You don't have any programs like advanced task killer installed do you? I used to have a problem with that closing podcast programs back a few phones ago.
I do not have any task killing apps installed.
Barry_Dillon
Send a message

Post by bebs1
Same as Daaaa
Since I installed Waze 3.7.8, Waze stops after a few seconds on a Motorola RAZR i with Android 4.1.2.I have deleted and reinstalled several times and the only clue is that i see waze trying to download new voices packages, the download fails, waze keep running, but the next time I restart it, stops again.
bebs1
Send a message

Post by bebs1
Same symtoms as YoPplon on a Motorola Razr i XT890 with Android 4.1.2

Cold boot
uninstall Waze
Cold boot
delete Waze Directory on the phone from my pc ( USB connected )
Cold boot
Switch GPS on and Wifi on
install Waze from play store
Cold boot

Waze works for a moment
I get a message saying that it is downloading new voices. That fails. Waze keeps running.

After a few starts of waze (I have not kept counts) waze will crash a few seconds after starting.
bebs1
Send a message