These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by bz2012
Report closure is often unusable because
1) often the closed segment is NOT ahead of me, so I can't report it. I have already bypassed it by the time I can make the report.

2) often the closed segment arrow is hidden under another arrow, so it can't be selected (example: a ramp that is closed due to construction.)

This 'feature' needs to be more flexible, allowing marking all nearby segments, including those going in the opposite direction on divided highways and the 'arrows' that need to be touched should be 'separated' in such a way so as to make all of them accessible.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
This morning, my WAZE crashes whenever it starts to try to get road/map data.
I have tried removing all data and logging in again.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
I have tried starting it as a new user.

Interestingly, The App seems to be crashing when it tries to access map data for a specific area!

It works fine near my home location, but when I try to scroll the screen to look at data in this area,
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 57&env=usa

It is crashing!
It allows looking at that area when zoomed out, but when zoomed in to a level where streets are visible (rather than only major highways), it crashes. Sometimes when zooming in, it freezes with a black screen and I must reboot. It seems clear now that something in the map data for the street level of details is crashing the app.

It even allowed me to 'go south' from my location and then 'west' AROUND the crash area.
When I tried coming back from the west, toward the east, it again crashed as I neared the 'forbidden zone'. <play eerie twilight zone background music>

I tried disabling the display of all the traffic, etc., information. It still crashes.

My iphone WAZE does NOT crash when I try to view the same area.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by CBenson
erstunt wrote:I'm no longer being asked to thank the person who reported accidents or mark them as "not there".
This is the way that accident reports have always been. I've complained about this before, but the response has been that accident warnings are working as designed.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Favorites are stored in the cloud. Try entering ##@restorefav in the navigation search.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by cgdobre
I have the same issue as Tseu123. No drives after April 29th appear. Does anyone know what's going on ? The waze server status says it should be up to date until May 2nd
cgdobre
Send a message

Post by claudiobp
Android 4.2.2
Device: Samsung GT-I9082L
Baseband: I9082LUBUBMK1
Can not open with Waze location link shared with Whatsapp anymore. I could open the Whatsapp location link with older version.
claudiobp
Send a message
Saludos desde Paraguay/Saudações desde o Paraguai/Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.

Post by claudiobp
I found another issue:
jdojeda is the most active user in several weeks in Paraguay and he never got the candy for that.
claudiobp
Send a message
Claudio Bogado Pompa.

Post by claudiobp
Water incorrectly appears over city in Pilar, Paraguay: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 61&env=row
If you look the same place in the client there is water over the streets.
The river was correctly drawn in the editor several months ago. The problem still persists.
It seams the water data is taken from somewhere else than the WME.
claudiobp
Send a message
Claudio Bogado Pompa.

Post by Coinneach
Why am I suddenly being notified of non-existent traffic jams 15 miles behind me?
Coinneach
Send a message