These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Anyone else get two "Congrats" Waze popus per week?

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This is for those of us who get in the Top 3 Wazers per week in our state/areas. Does anyone else get a popup notification about your gold/silver/bronze status twice each week? I have for the past several weeks, received one on Sunday and another on Monday, or Sunday/Tuesday, or Monday/Tuesday.

This week, specifically, I received the notice yesterday (Monday) that I was the 2nd highest and got Silver. Today, I got a popup saying I was the highest and got Gold.

Seems buggy to me, but I want to make sure I'm not the only one. Or, if this is just a known issue and I'll let it lie.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:701618

Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
krankyd wrote:Also - do you see both messages in the same manner? Messages could either come as a 'ticker message' (on the top part of the screen, for example when you reach an achievement) or as a 'server message' (one that appears on your entire screen and you have to hit 'ok' to remove it).

If you can please send us the exact times / dates of the duplicated message, along with the description of the message (server or ticker) that would really help us solve this one.
I was going to screenshot the two times this week, but I failed to remember to do that. In general, though, here is what I can recall:
  1. The days are likely Monday/Tuesday but could be Sunday/Monday.
  2. The messages are not a ticker style.
  3. At least one of the messages is a push notification. I use the iPhone, so this is the typical one you get which appears at any time in any app and you can OK dismiss it, or it also appears at the lock screen.
  4. I have also seen the popup which is the Waze in-app popup with the OK button.
I do not recall if one popup is a push and the other is in the Waze app all the time, or if there is consistency in those, but I do know for certain I have seen both types a day apart with different notification messages. I will try to screenshot these when it happens again.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
Well, I got the popup today saying I was bronze. Didn't get one yesterday or Sunday. So it seems to be working properly for me.

This is my first time being in the top 3 though.
\o/ Congrats

I've not been close for ages in the UK! Plus side is that means user numbers are rising!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
I made it to gold and a crown this week in one massive assault on the spaghetti mountain of Aylesbury! I now get 750 point sweets most times I'm out driving to pay me back for the effort. No idea how long that will last
Animal! ;-)
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by hallmike
The two I got this week on Android were both the 'server message' style. I got one on Monday and one on Tuesday. Both appeared shortly after starting up Waze for the first time of the day - around 9 or 10 am Central Time.
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by harling
unwallflower wrote:
krankyd wrote:we'll look into it. sounds the calculation is running twice for some reason.
It definitely looks like this. I received bronze this week, and I got the notification on Monday.

Then yesterday I received a message saying I received gold. If you look at the "top scoring last week" section of the "everyone" scoreboard, it shows that the top weekly scorer (OscarC) had 4315 points... for the entire WEEK. Nothing against you, OscarC, but I know that the top weekly scorer normally has upwards of 30,000 points.
Hey! And there I am at bronze, with only 3986 points! ;) My total was over 10K last week, but since the top three scorers usually total in the low six-figures, this is probably the only time I'll ever make the top three overall.

FWIW, I got one announcement on Monday that I was top for my area, and another on Tuesday saying the same thing. This is the first time I noticed getting two, though I have been aware of others reporting them for some time. And yes, the "State" scoreboard still displays exactly the same thing as the "All" scoreboard.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by Heckufaguy
I've made Bronze a few times, have never noticed a popup. Usually just catch my waze character looking a different shade..
Heckufaguy
Send a message

Post by kieranrawley
I made it to gold and a crown this week in one massive assault on the spaghetti mountain of Aylesbury! I now get 750 point sweets most times I'm out driving to pay me back for the effort. No idea how long that will last ;)
kieranrawley
Send a message
(I'll go for a run when I've got this little bit sorted..........)

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c6/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by krankyd
we'll look into it. sounds the calculation is running twice for some reason.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
hi guys,
we went through the code trying to find what could possibly send the exact time you get the two message? I assume a lot of you will be the 'top 3 in state' wazers next week as well.

Also - do you see both messages in the same manner? Messages could either come as a 'ticker message' (on the top part of the screen, for example when you reach an achievement) or as a 'server message' (one that appears on your entire screen and you have to hit 'ok' to remove it).

If you can please send us the exact times / dates of the duplicated message, along with the description of the message (server or ticker) that would really help us solve this one.

thanks
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane