Anyone else get two "Congrats" Waze popus per week?

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Anyone else get two "Congrats" Waze popus per week?

Postby unwallflower » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:13 pm

krankyd wrote:we'll look into it. sounds the calculation is running twice for some reason.

It definitely looks like this. I received bronze this week, and I got the notification on Monday.

Then yesterday I received a message saying I received gold. If you look at the "top scoring last week" section of the "everyone" scoreboard, it shows that the top weekly scorer (OscarC) had 4315 points... for the entire WEEK. Nothing against you, OscarC, but I know that the top weekly scorer normally has upwards of 30,000 points. And considering that I had more than 4315 points last week... it just doesn't make sense. It's like the process runs on Monday and then again on Tuesday... so the second "week" is really only a day long.
unwallflower

Postby harling » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 pm

unwallflower wrote:
krankyd wrote:we'll look into it. sounds the calculation is running twice for some reason.

It definitely looks like this. I received bronze this week, and I got the notification on Monday.

Then yesterday I received a message saying I received gold. If you look at the "top scoring last week" section of the "everyone" scoreboard, it shows that the top weekly scorer (OscarC) had 4315 points... for the entire WEEK. Nothing against you, OscarC, but I know that the top weekly scorer normally has upwards of 30,000 points.

Hey! And there I am at bronze, with only 3986 points! ;) My total was over 10K last week, but since the top three scorers usually total in the low six-figures, this is probably the only time I'll ever make the top three overall.

FWIW, I got one announcement on Monday that I was top for my area, and another on Tuesday saying the same thing. This is the first time I noticed getting two, though I have been aware of others reporting them for some time. And yes, the "State" scoreboard still displays exactly the same thing as the "All" scoreboard.
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.
harling

Postby OscarC » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:14 am

unwallflower,
no offense taken, but i think you're just jealous of my 4K+! ha! ;)

But seriously I think you hit it on the head, it's recompiling the score for that one day and listing that as the weekly score. It says it compiles it from Monday to Monday, maybe somewhere in the code it sees the first real Monday to Monday on Sunday, then it runs again for some reason on Monday night and counts from Monday am to Monday pm. as the weekly "Monday to Monday" score.

Honestly, I've never kept track of my weekly/daily points, is there someplace to see that tally? I just edit in reckless abandon and accept what points may come :D
Image Image
Waze v3.7.6.0, iPhone 4S - Verizon - iOS 7.0.4
Minnesota-based US Country Manager
OscarC

Postby krankyd » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:59 am

hi guys,
we went through the code trying to find what could possibly send the exact time you get the two message? I assume a lot of you will be the 'top 3 in state' wazers next week as well.

Also - do you see both messages in the same manner? Messages could either come as a 'ticker message' (on the top part of the screen, for example when you reach an achievement) or as a 'server message' (one that appears on your entire screen and you have to hit 'ok' to remove it).

If you can please send us the exact times / dates of the duplicated message, along with the description of the message (server or ticker) that would really help us solve this one.

thanks
wazing like a hurricane
krankyd
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:35 pm

krankyd wrote:Also - do you see both messages in the same manner? Messages could either come as a 'ticker message' (on the top part of the screen, for example when you reach an achievement) or as a 'server message' (one that appears on your entire screen and you have to hit 'ok' to remove it).

If you can please send us the exact times / dates of the duplicated message, along with the description of the message (server or ticker) that would really help us solve this one.

I was going to screenshot the two times this week, but I failed to remember to do that. In general, though, here is what I can recall:

1. The days are likely Monday/Tuesday but could be Sunday/Monday.
  2. The messages are not a ticker style.
  3. At least one of the messages is a push notification. I use the iPhone, so this is the typical one you get which appears at any time in any app and you can OK dismiss it, or it also appears at the lock screen.
  4. I have also seen the popup which is the Waze in-app popup with the OK button.
I do not recall if one popup is a push and the other is in the Waze app all the time, or if there is consistency in those, but I do know for certain I have seen both types a day apart with different notification messages. I will try to screenshot these when it happens again.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby hallmike » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:48 pm

The two I got this week on Android were both the 'server message' style. I got one on Monday and one on Tuesday. Both appeared shortly after starting up Waze for the first time of the day - around 9 or 10 am Central Time.
Image ...when you care enough to Waze the very best
hallmike

Postby unwallflower » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Mine were Monday/Tuesday, both server style pop up messages. I think Tuesday's appeared in the late afternoon (around 5 PM pacific time).
unwallflower

Previous

Return to Waze App