iOS 3.7.8 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Voice commands still don't work over bluetooth

Postby warriordad » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi Guys

This is a problem I've had since 3.7.6...

1) I go to initiate a voice command or search.
2) Waze prompts me.
3) I say the command/address.
4) Waze asks me to to say it again.
5) I say the command/address.
6) Waze says "one more time"
7) I say the command/address.
8) The listen prompt disappears with nothing being recognized.

Phone: 32 GB iPhone 5C running iOS 7.0.6

This 100% reproducible with the microphone in my 2011 Ford Fusion and using my jawbone icon headset too

Am I the only one experiencing this?

this is important enough for me I'll do whatever you ask as far as troubleshooting...

Karl
warriordad

Re: iOS 3.7.8 Official Feedback Thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed May 28, 2014 4:39 am

speshman wrote:Would it be possible for the app to 'cache' a report you make if you have insufficient mobile signal/no network connection and then send when it does have a suitable connection?

These have been out there for quite some time. No sign of action from Waze. We've made our requests known. It's up to them to decide if they want to spend time developing it. (That's what PRODUCT status means.)

https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4707
https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4708
https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4710
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby coontex » Mon May 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Sorry I sent to soon. Hint send and was trying to tap at the end of the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby omba_de » Mon May 26, 2014 5:31 pm

mdavidsonjr wrote:https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93635#p787069

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not very useful to post a single link. Not a hint... Nothing...
I posted a reply already.
omba_de
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby coontex » Mon May 26, 2014 5:24 pm

coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby speshman » Sat May 24, 2014 10:49 am

Would it be possible for the app to 'cache' a report you make if you have insufficient mobile signal/no network connection and then send when it does have a suitable connection?

I find myself, often, driving past hazards etc and being unable to report them as the app says no network etc.
speshman

Postby krikketdoug » Sat May 10, 2014 2:54 am

A post I made in the Waze-App forum, that got no response, and upon reflection may better fit here, so I'm re-posting it.

I've searched this forum and came up with nothing. Hopefully that is nothing more than a lack in my google-foo.

A while back, I noticed that my user icon looks like:

[ img ]

(Look at the image of the reporting user)

I should have a sword where the NBC icon is, and the NBC icon in the lower left corner of my icon.

It shifted from where the shield was to where the sword should be when I advanced in levels. I soon expect the NBC icon to be sprouting from my forehead.

I figured this was a quirk in how Waze renders user icons to the users, until I recently saw other users with the same problem. Easy enough to figure out the users rank from the positioning of the user group association, but this isn't as it should be. Any idea of how to get the rank and user icons to work together if they aren't functioning properly?

EDIT: New information. In an attempt to restore the sword, and see if adding and deleting things would make it work better... The sword is now gone as well... And I've seen other users with this same bug. If you need examples, I was able to do a quick screen-capture of the other user this time.
krikketdoug

Postby unlimitedsounds » Sat May 10, 2014 1:23 am

I don't get many if any group popups. once in a while I get red light camera, sometimes car on shoulder and maybe police. a few versions ago when all the popup report issues started is when they stopped.. Any ideas?
unlimitedsounds

Postby Bigbear3764 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:46 am

krikketdoug wrote:Now the problem, and the bug I want to report. It's damned hard to get Waze to recognize that I want to hit the (i) button, instead it thinks I'm trying to drive to that destination. Sometimes it's no problem at all, but more often than not, I'm spending more time trying to hit that button than making the updates to the map, so it will work better for everyone.

Not a fix, but a work around I have found. I'm usually looking up info in portrait mode, try turning the phone sideways to landscape mode. Seems to be easier to hit the info tag and get to the remove option.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby krikketdoug » Wed May 07, 2014 12:03 am

Context:

I'm a driver making deliveries, and have been using Waze to store data, so I don't have to look everything up from scratch.

I'm also a Waze editor, and now that Places(points) have been added, I've been adding those businesses, and where appropriate, deleting the address from Waze and letting Google handle the address, as moving the end-point marker off the main street to a parking lot road doesn't work at this time. (Although I understand there are plans for that.)

Due to Waze saving the information on your destination, at the time it was entered, I need to delete a bunch of favorites and searches based on my history.

Simple enough: Just type the (i) button next to the name, and the full address information is displayed, and you have the option to delete the entry.

Now the problem, and the bug I want to report. It's damned hard to get Waze to recognize that I want to hit the (i) button, instead it thinks I'm trying to drive to that destination. Sometimes it's no problem at all, but more often than not, I'm spending more time trying to hit that button than making the updates to the map, so it will work better for everyone. And I have a few hundred of these updates to make, across 4 or 5 states. I was thinking if I got 10-20 done a day, I'd be done in a week or three. But right now it's so frustrating, I'm lucky to get less than half of that done. There is no way I'm working a multi-hour session with this bug.

Does anyone know of a stylus that works with the iPhone? I might have better luck that way... (And for what it's worth, I"m 6'2"/157cm, and 200lbs/91kg (if I'm doing my conversion correctly) so I'm not exactly the smallest person on the planet, which may be adding to the problem. Fortunately, I'm also not the largest person...))

Krikket
krikketdoug

Next

Return to Waze App