iOS 3.7.8 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.7.8 Official Feedback Thread

Postby xsmilexforxmex » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:32 am

usa_st92nj8p wrote:I having to figure out how to get my NICKNAME to take? everytime I change it never takes. Secondly I have a bunch of facebook friends that have the app that is part of our car club group and none of them will appear in my friends list whenever connected to Facebook.

Having the same problem with the friends not appearing.
xsmilexforxmex

Postby wizardz » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:37 pm

After three weeks or so of daily use, Waze either cannot connect to network, or jumps all over the map off your current location/route. Either situation requires a reset of your iPhone, which is a pain because you lose all of your iPhone's settings. Waze seems to be slowly corrupting the iPhone's data. I see other users have reported this in your ratings. Deleting and reloading Waze is not enough, the problem seems to require a phone reset.
wizardz

Voice commands still don't work over bluetooth

Postby warriordad » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi Guys

This is a problem I've had since 3.7.6...

1) I go to initiate a voice command or search.
2) Waze prompts me.
3) I say the command/address.
4) Waze asks me to to say it again.
5) I say the command/address.
6) Waze says "one more time"
7) I say the command/address.
8) The listen prompt disappears with nothing being recognized.

Phone: 32 GB iPhone 5C running iOS 7.0.6

This 100% reproducible with the microphone in my 2011 Ford Fusion and using my jawbone icon headset too

Am I the only one experiencing this?

this is important enough for me I'll do whatever you ask as far as troubleshooting...

Karl
warriordad

achievements, loss of route

Postby usa_qfq50xkc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:55 pm

I have not been able to unlock several achievements, and cannot find a solution or an e-mail address to contact Waze.

Also, when I go out of Waze to check another app, or take a phone call, it often loses the navigation route. I have to go back and re-enter my destination.
usa_qfq50xkc

Postby unlimitedsounds » Sat May 10, 2014 1:23 am

I don't get many if any group popups. once in a while I get red light camera, sometimes car on shoulder and maybe police. a few versions ago when all the popup report issues started is when they stopped.. Any ideas?
unlimitedsounds

Postby unlimitedsounds » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Are we ever going to get popup reports fixed? I used to get reports from my groups etc. then it was an issue with reports getting stuck, black dimmed screen etc. Now for the last few months I only get red light camera and advertising popups.
unlimitedsounds

Postby stephenstrath » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Still experiencing all the same issues as before on Appradio. Exact issues as on version 3.7.6, 3.7.7 and now 3.7.8. You still cannot scroll anywhere on the Appradio and the big ugly black bar at the top of the Appradio screen is still there. Like usual Waze has done nothing about either of these bugs. Its amazing how it has been 7 months since ive been able to properly use Waze.
Attachments
IMG_0371.PNG
IMG_0371.PNG (81.14 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
Last edited by stephenstrath on Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stephenstrath

Postby speshman » Sat May 24, 2014 10:49 am

Would it be possible for the app to 'cache' a report you make if you have insufficient mobile signal/no network connection and then send when it does have a suitable connection?

I find myself, often, driving past hazards etc and being unable to report them as the app says no network etc.
speshman

Postby sketch » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Perhaps for now Places is meant only to supplement external POIs, until and unless our data gets good enough. Even Foursquare was missing a Shell station near my house yesterday, and in Foursquare you can add a new place and all the details from your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • usa country manager • new orleans
2017 chevrolet ss sedan 6mt • slipstream blue metallic
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:25 pm

That's odd. I added a few point places yesterday and a few more today, so when it updates I can test that. The point place I added a month ago works*, and another point place I updated on March 13 also works, although it was apparently converted from an area place made in December.

*I will note that search remains far too unforgiving. I searched for the point place I added in March (Mayan Import Company) by typing in "mayan import" and it worked, first result in the Waze tab. But then I searched "mayan imports", which is how the place is actually called by everyone, and it didn't even come up in the results at all. Honestly terrible.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • usa country manager • new orleans
2017 chevrolet ss sedan 6mt • slipstream blue metallic
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze App