These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS 3.7.8 Official Feedback Thread

Post by
What's new

- Sync Calendar with Waze - events with locations are automatically added for one tap navigation when it's time to go
- Bug fixes

POSTER_ID:4749935

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:The last tile update before today's update occurred a few days before the new WME was launched. I'm a beta tester, so I was able to add a Place before that, for testing purposes. Rest assured that it does show up in search results.
With the latest tile updates through April 4, none of the Point Places I added in March are searchable in the app. Something isn't working as expected.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jrnavid wrote:Hi, is anyone getting this error?

I have the English Samantha voice for navigation on but the Tom voice speaks to me also. For example, Samantha will say "In one mile" and Tom says "turn left". And they alternate back and fourth. I think its a glitch or something.
It usually means that some files for one of the voices isn't fully downloaded. The only way to fix this is to delete and reinstall the app. Then, make sure you're on wifi when you select the voice and let it sit for a bit to ensure all the files get downloaded.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
d1shak wrote:Suggestion: the search should show 2 AUS Austin Airports to make the user select the correct one.
I believe all the terminals are correctly in Waze. What you need to do is use the Waze search results and not Google. Search for the airport, don't tap an autofill result, and then use the Waze results section, not Google. I think you'll find much more useful information in there. There's also landmarks for each of the different lots, so you can enter that into a search as well to get directions to exactly which parking lot you need.

In the future, we will have even better ability to get the driver multiple destination points for a single location.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
speshman wrote:Would it be possible for the app to 'cache' a report you make if you have insufficient mobile signal/no network connection and then send when it does have a suitable connection?
These have been out there for quite some time. No sign of action from Waze. We've made our requests known. It's up to them to decide if they want to spend time developing it. (That's what PRODUCT status means.)

https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4707
https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4708
https://bugs.waze.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4710
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
usa_qfq50xkc wrote:Also, when I go out of Waze to check another app, or take a phone call, it often loses the navigation route. I have to go back and re-enter my destination.
If you have a cellular provider that does not support simultaneous voice and data, and if you deviate from the Waze route while on a call, Waze cannot contact the server to get new route information.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
usa_qfq50xkc wrote:I have not been able to unlock several achievements, and cannot find a solution or an e-mail address to contact Waze.
Use Ask a Question on the Support page.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by babelhoo
Hi! I'm not getting most alerts, not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong.
For example I do get a few spoken notifications, like accidents ahead or police controls, but never get a speed cam alert. I know these are supposed to be triggered only if I approach above the cam's speed, I tried that, nothing. I even tried on a know one to speed passing the camera (in the 2nd lane which I know the camera doesn't take!), nothing! all these appear in the map correctly.
Also, road closures should be announced? the other day I drove to a closure which resulted in losing an extra hour as all the traffic got diverted to a tiny street, the closure was on the map (checked once I run into it), again, no previous notification (no notification at all).
Using Iphone 5S, iOS 7.0.4
thanks!
babelhoo
Send a message

Post by bengehle
Updated to 3.7.8 for iOS 7 on an iPhone 5 but calendar integration is missing. tried restarting iPhone and reinstalling Waze app. still no calendar integration option in advanced settings and no option under iOS calendar privacy settings.
bengehle
Send a message

Post by bengehle
rtippenhauer wrote:Ok, Figured it out... Go to the navigate screen, there is an option for calendar events, that will then request access to your calendar. :) Since I am generally only using existing routes to get arrival time, I'm not in the navigate menu often.
The 'calendar events' option doesn't seem to exist in the Navigate menu for me.
bengehle
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
krikketdoug wrote: Now the problem, and the bug I want to report. It's damned hard to get Waze to recognize that I want to hit the (i) button, instead it thinks I'm trying to drive to that destination. Sometimes it's no problem at all, but more often than not, I'm spending more time trying to hit that button than making the updates to the map, so it will work better for everyone.
Not a fix, but a work around I have found. I'm usually looking up info in portrait mode, try turning the phone sideways to landscape mode. Seems to be easier to hit the info tag and get to the remove option.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message