These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS 3.7.8 Official Feedback Thread

Post by JohnDoe75
What's new

- Sync Calendar with Waze - events with locations are automatically added for one tap navigation when it's time to go
- Bug fixes
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:4749935

Send a message

Post by finneycanhelp
Twitter integration doesn't work.
  • Drill down into the settings and get into Social & Networks
    Tap on Twitter
    Tap on Connect to Twitter
    See "Authorize Waze...?" screen
    tap on Authorize app
    See "Redirecting you back to the application..."
    Eventually see "Heroku | No such app" There is no app configured at that hostname."... and so on.
finneycanhelp
Send a message

Post by Gallodoro77
I had a very strange but funny experience with Waze when I was going to Italy. As soon as I entered Italy, waze changed the language from German to Italian. I understand Italian so it was not so bad, but I think I would be lost wwhen I go to France :-).
I would assume it is a bug and not a feature. On the way back, it switched to German as soon as I reached Austria.
I was able to reset the language manually while in Italy but I don't see any benefit that the language changes according to the country I am in ;-).
Gallodoro77
Send a message

Post by Gallodoro77
omba_de wrote: This is normal behavior of TTS.
Just change your language-settings to the files which are "not including streetnames".
For German: GERMAN (not STEFFI or YANNICK)
Thanks for the heads up! Do you know why this is "normal behavior? I understand, that they pronounce streetnames in the native language, but the entire announcement including "turn left in 200m"?
Gallodoro77
Send a message

Post by hebtommy
Been using Waze fine for two years. All of a sudden this morning it is crashing every time I hit the Navigate button. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, powering iPhone 4S up and down and no luck. Help! Using iOS 7.0.6.
hebtommy
Send a message

Post by ianenc
Gas Prices (at least for Canada) should allow us to input up to 3 decimal places instead of making the 1000th digit always 9 (ex: allow input of $1.292/L).

Wave for commands does not work in Landscape mode, but works in Portrait mode.

App crashes when using the Speak to Text feature for commenting.

Otherwise, things are great. I love this app!
ianenc
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
wizardz wrote:After three weeks or so of daily use, Waze either cannot connect to network, or jumps all over the map off your current location/route. Either situation requires a reset of your iPhone, which is a pain because you lose all of your iPhone's settings. Waze seems to be slowly corrupting the iPhone's data. I see other users have reported this in your ratings. Deleting and reloading Waze is not enough, the problem seems to require a phone reset.
I had this issue. Turns out that the iPhone's internal GPS hardware had failed. The Apple Store replaced the phone and it's worked fine ever since.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
My girlfriend is experiencing an issue on her iPhone 5 where the entire screen has a gray tint to it and she can't move the map around or zoom in and out. She can hit the menu buttons, but nothing else.

Otherwise, the app works, but she can't move the map around to look at places other than where she is and can't click on reports.

EDIT: She has uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it's still got the same problem. This problem has come up only in the past week or so.

EDIT 2: She just sent me this latest screen capture where the screen has gotten even darker.
IMG_5415.png
(92 KiB) Downloaded 1325 times
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonrock21
AppRadio support still not addressed in 3.7.8. Cannot scroll and the picture doesn't properly fit the screen.
jasonrock21
Send a message

Post by jrnavid
Hi, is anyone getting this error?

I have the English Samantha voice for navigation on but the Tom voice speaks to me also. For example, Samantha will say "In one mile" and Tom says "turn left". And they alternate back and fourth. I think its a glitch or something.
jrnavid
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Inland Empire, Los Angeles, California
iPhone 5S iOS 7 Sprint