These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by brisket2
I inadvertently posted in the community forum initially. Cross posting here.

I tried to create an account in the Waze app to link it to the start up account. It seemed to be successful as I am able to log into the Waze website. However, whenever I try to sign into the app on ios I get the error "Login failed: wrong login details"

I have tried quitting and restarting the app and the phone. I have also been very careful on case sensitivity, even going so far as to type it into the notepad and pasting it into the password field.

Finally I deleted and reinstalled the app. Still no ability to log in. It's frustrating, I would like to participate in map editing, etc.

Thanks in advance for any other workarounds.

I wasn't sure if this was a general question or an app question so I posted here.
brisket2
Send a message
Iphone 5, ios 7.1.1

Post by brisket2
brisket2 wrote:I inadvertently posted in the community forum initially. Cross posting here.

I tried to create an account in the Waze app to link it to the start up account. It seemed to be successful as I am able to log into the Waze website. However, whenever I try to sign into the app on ios I get the error "Login failed: wrong login details"

I have tried quitting and restarting the app and the phone. I have also been very careful on case sensitivity, even going so far as to type it into the notepad and pasting it into the password field.

Finally I deleted and reinstalled the app. Still no ability to log in. It's frustrating, I would like to participate in map editing, etc.
Update: Now when I log in the "Login failed: wrong login details" still pops up, but immediately after I get a "Welcome Back Would you like to restore your favorites?" screen. If I click yes, the app says my favorites are restores, but it goes back to the sign in screen with the username and password fields filled out.

If I back out it still seems like I am not logged in.
brisket2
Send a message
Iphone 5, ios 7.1.1

Post by brisket2
The issue seems to be fixed. I can now login.
brisket2
Send a message
Iphone 5, ios 7.1.1

Post by bz2012
Report closure is often unusable because
1) often the closed segment is NOT ahead of me, so I can't report it. I have already bypassed it by the time I can make the report.

2) often the closed segment arrow is hidden under another arrow, so it can't be selected (example: a ramp that is closed due to construction.)

This 'feature' needs to be more flexible, allowing marking all nearby segments, including those going in the opposite direction on divided highways and the 'arrows' that need to be touched should be 'separated' in such a way so as to make all of them accessible.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I have been receiving "Wrong Verbal Cues".
These cues seem to have been in the cue queue previously and not cleared out when used.

Yesterday, when I arrived home, I was told
'you have arrived "home""
which was good, it then added the street address of my previous destination! :(

And it did this TWICE :-{
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Haydenray wrote:Having an issue with Waze ap ver 3.7.8.0 ; using I-phone 5, ver 7.1
Waze ap "Sound" settings is set to: "Prefer Bluetooth" (sending voice commands to car speakers)
Also "Play sound to phone speaker" (radio button) is set to "Off"
The issue is..... When I select "Navigate" , the bluetooth (car speakers) activate and say:
The familiar ...."Let's Go" !! So far, Good.
But then when the first "Voice prompt from Waze comes", it is "Sent back to the I-phone speaker" !
For....the remainder of the navigation. This is a consistent occurrence.
Anyone else having a similar issue?
I am having similar issues. Mine intermittently forgets the volume setting and sets the sound level to zero.
It also, intermittently, starts up with sound OFF.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
Have you tried turning off your iphone and turning it back on? The 'reboots' the iphone.
I find that sometimes 'fixes' strange things like what you are reporting.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by bz2012
I continue to receive wrong verbal cues intermittently.
For example, when I arrived home yesterday, WAZE said that I had arrived at work.
Today, it said 'you have arrived at home' TWICE when I got home.

I have had it say I arrived home but then give my work address.

I have had it say I needed to turn right on a particular street for every right turn on the way home.

It seems like there must be a verbal cue stack and the stack pointer is not properly updated, at times.

This may happen more often if I have put WAZE in 'sleep' before reaching the set routing destination.

It used to be that WAZE would ask if I wanted to resume the interrupted route, but now it just seems to mess up the stack pointer.

I have submitted debug dumps so I hope they are working on it.

EDIT: one other problem that I forgot to mention: intermittently [but very frequently], the app will start with the volume set at zero despite the fact that I have it set mid range. This usually happens when the app has been sleeping for several hours or over night.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Last edited by bz2012 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by coontex
vickimachado wrote:Is anyone else seeing an increase in complaints about app failures, such as the map not displaying properly or traffic events not updating? I've seen numerous URs lately, on iOS as well as Android platforms.
I have been swing several of these around the houston area. I have not had it personally happen to me but there have been several UR that state this and I am working on one now to make sure there is nothing wrong with the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coontex
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message