These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by planetf1
FANTASTIC NEWS!

So I have a developer iOS 12 iPhone ... wonder if there'll be an opportunity to join a TestFlight beta for the new carplay prior to september. I'm assuming waze are on the case already, but apps can't be published yet...
planetf1
Send a message

Post by powellcrazy
I am looking at upgrading radio in car. Been looking at ones that have Apple Car Play. Are there any plans for Waze to work with Car Play?
powellcrazy
Send a message

Post by ppwe
No CarPlay support yet? You've got to be kidding me.

Is this just Apple giving a hard time to Google by denying access, or Waze refusing to develop for CarPlay?
ppwe
Send a message

Post by ppwe
I guess that this is the official thread to request CarPlay.

I read recently that Renault has entered into a partnership with Waze to integrate it on the dashboard of Renault cars (Android Auto).

Does it mean I have to ditch my VW Passat car running CarPlay, to purchase an Android Auto Renault car if I ever want to see Waze on the dashboard? :?:
ppwe
Send a message

Post by ppwe
IM-goRt wrote: Vw call the required feature app-connect, when Waze gets aa certified it will work on appropriately speced vw vehicles.
I don't think that Waze is one of the applications that can be mirrored on the VW. In any case, what I understand from your answer is that I do not have to ditch my car, nor trade with another brand of car, but rather ditch my iPhone for an Android phone?
ppwe
Send a message

Post by qerror
The problem is not waze. Apple blocks all map apps like waze or other types... we have a long way to do before we can use Waze on our Carplay Display Units in our cars... :!: :!: :!: :!:
qerror
Send a message

Post by ranrinc
Pioneer on Oct 2, 2014 release their Firmware to support CarPlay and they are the first to implemented. I'm wondering if WAZE will be available for CarPlay support? Maybe anyone who already have CarPlay can comment on this?
ranrinc
Send a message

Post by rasssta
C'mon Waze. Make Carplay happen!
rasssta
Send a message

Post by rds3600
Any chance of your tech guys getting the Waze app compatible with Apple CarPlay. This would allow the Waze map to be displayed on the Audio/Information Touch Screen. Would really be cool!!
rds3600
Send a message

Post by redvers76
tosc7506 wrote:I saw a video on youtube where the guys used a HDMI to USB cable, conected to a USB to lightning connector, connected to an iphone. Any app they brought up on the phone showed up on the pioneer avic 6000nex. The only thing was you had to open/close/use the apps on the phone...the radio touchscreen wasn't responsive. If you wanted waze to show up on the big screen, this might be a work-around.
Sounds very similar to the AppRadio functionality, which uses a HDMI & lightning input via a digital av converter...
redvers76
Send a message