These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Sakuwa
Yeah you are right @vince

I installed the Beta, too. But i am also a beta tester for some other companys und give him all feedbacks if i found some issues.

So, if waze need some Tester for iOS 12 i would do it to find some bugs :)
Sakuwa
Send a message

Post by schalliol
+1 given that there are some retrofit CarPlay options coming out.
schalliol
Send a message
Area Manager: Eastern Zionsville, IN, USA to West Carmel, IN, USA

Post by schalliol
Tosc, yes, I have mirroring enabled on my 14 Audi S6, but the MMI controls don't do anything because it's just video mirroring.
schalliol
Send a message
Area Manager: Eastern Zionsville, IN, USA to West Carmel, IN, USA

Post by scottosaurus
I have also sent an enhancement request in to Apple for CarPlay support. I doubt it will ever happen.
scottosaurus
Send a message

Post by scryrps
I did not buy one CarPlay device yet because there is no waze. Please make it happen. #WazeCarPlay
scryrps
Send a message

Post by sd_mikey
For the love of of great navigation tech, please work with Apple to get Waze on CarPlay.
sd_mikey
Send a message

Post by Seat6a
Are there really only 15 other people that want Waze on CarPlay? We need to start a social media campaign so Waze can see how much interest there is in this feature. Maybe have everyone tweet at them with hashtag #WazeCarPlay

If they do bring it to CarPlay, I hope they port it in such a way that it automatically outputs landscape no matter what direction the iPhone is in. I use a portrait orientation iPhone holder in my car and that would be annoying. Plus, no reason a headunit would ever need to display the map in portrait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat6a
Send a message
AT&T iPhone 6
Virginia, USA

Post by Seat6a
What hit me watching the WWDC keynote is the number of car manufacturers that are including CarPlay in their new models. Waze is going to rapidly isolate themselves out of the market. People are going to turn to mapping solutions that are supported. Many people aren't passionate about Waze and its reporting features. Those people are going to go for user experience over app features. I hope Waze gets ahead of this before it's too late.

Seat6a
Send a message
AT&T iPhone 6
Virginia, USA

Post by Seat6a
Hammie5150 wrote:
Is this Twitter campaign a thing?
It could be. Waze will delete your Facebook post if you ask about CarPlay on their page, so that's no way to let them know how many people want it.... I figured Twitter might be a way to start showing them concrete numbers

Maybe tag @appleofficial as well as @waze if it is Apple that's holding CarPlay support back…? #WazeCarPlay

Seat6a
Send a message
AT&T iPhone 6
Virginia, USA

Post by Seat6a
DavidAbarca wrote:Yep! You just have to wait
Well that's good news!

If you are in touch with the developers, can you suggest that it automatically display in landscape regardless of the physical phone's orientation whenever CarPlay is initiated?

Seat6a
Send a message
AT&T iPhone 6
Virginia, USA