These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by callumjp
I've read somewhere that Apple will allow apps on the phone's screen to run alongside Carplay in iOS 10, so for the time being we will at least be able to use Waze and other Carplay features simultaneously.

Interested to see what Apple's own updates to Maps will be like in practice, but I'm fairly certain it'll be nowhere near as good as Waze...

Typed on a phone
callumjp
Send a message

Post by callumjp
stiggy83 wrote:Almost the End of 2016, and Still we just know that Waze will be compatible with Android Auto at some point in 2017. I'm iPhone user for many years now, also subscriber to Music app. but I'm considering to change to Android when Waze will be compatible, and Apple Music being also available on Android.

Let's continue to pray !!
It would be great if Waze would actually communicate better with their users on this issue, too. Same could be said for Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
callumjp
Send a message

Post by callumjp
vince1612 wrote:
gettingthere wrote:After speaking to someone 'in the know' it's my understanding that Apple does not yet have a process for allowing Navigation applications onto CarPlay. Waze wants to be on CarPlay but Apple is not providing a path to do so.

I suggest emailing the appropriate Executives at Apple to get their attention.
I tried that. Several months ago. Didn't get a peep and don't expect to now...

callumjp
Send a message

Post by callumjp
karlcr9911 wrote:CarPlay is restricted to other nav apps. Only certain features/apps can be integrated with CarPlay at this point per the CarPlay API Dev site.
No, it's restricted to Apple Maps. It's evidently to do with both parties and not just Waze being lazy.

Wouldn't do any harm for Waze to communicate with their users about this.

callumjp
Send a message

Post by callumjp
jack_0817 wrote:It's not Apple's fault. Waze is owned by Google now and I believe it's political matter as I've read Waze will be (if not already) available for Android Auto (also owned by Google)
It'll be down to both parties. Google Maps is available on iOS but not in CarPlay - so it ain't a black and white issue.

callumjp
Send a message

Post by callumjp
driftstream wrote:Heres the deal... Its all about Google and not the blue-app'ed step child Waze. Google bought it for $1.4Billion just to steal the tech and shut it down so Google Maps would rule. But tadahhh.. no one likes "google maps/nav" anything because it sucks.

Waze is also free, so there is little to no $ for support staff. I wouldnt expect anything from these folks anytime in the near or distant future.
:(
If this were to be plausible, they wouldn't be rolling it into Android Auto. Which they are.

callumjp
Send a message

Post by callumjp
Right Waze, we need some answers now. Apple have just announced iOS 11 with a "do not disturb" feature. This sounds like a great idea, but potentially blacks out the entire phone screen for a user's journey. Currently the only way of using Waze is in a cradle on a phone. Surely CarPlay compatibility is now necessary, and surely Apple can't be preventing this from happening STILL? Madness.

callumjp
Send a message

Post by callumjp
noodeel wrote:
callumjp wrote:Right Waze, we need some answers now. Apple have just announced iOS 11 with a "do not disturb" feature. This sounds like a great idea, but potentially blacks out the entire phone screen for a user's journey. Currently the only way of using Waze is in a cradle on a phone. Surely CarPlay compatibility is now necessary, and surely Apple can't be preventing this from happening STILL? Madness.

Most Carplay Stereos also use Android Auto... Just use that instead... problem solved.
Erm, Android Auto requires a phone running on Android. So no, not problem solved.

callumjp
Send a message

Post by callumjp
Jimbo724 wrote:Google owns Waze. It's hardly surprising that Waze does not work on Apple CarPlay.
Sorry but I don't buy this know-it-all nonsense. Waze and Google Maps are both available on iOS - so why exactly is it so surprising that it doesn't work on that platform's automotive solution?

callumjp
Send a message

Post by callumjp
vince1612 wrote:
honoraryoranges wrote:Why is Waze on CarPlay still not a thing? Need to keep bumping this until it happens.
Because: Apple... Apple Maps...

And sorry but no, bumping here won't change it. You need to go bother Tim Cook.
See, this argument doesn’t quite work I’m afraid... because Apple Music and Spotify can exist side-by-side in CarPlay.

It’s clearly Apple’s problem and not a very user-centred way of dealing with things.

callumjp
Send a message