These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze for trucks NEED IT would be amazing

Post by johnyb1
If you really want to update traffic and all the things that occur on the streets waze should consider driving the sales and ap into the TRUCK DRIVERS of america ,,ad things like ways to post where the DOT officer or PUCO POLICE are setup or the truck scales, and get the truckers to use it and the rest will fall into place like traffic, regular police traps. construction etc.. remember cars might be doing a few miles but trucks do 500 to 800 miles a day .. and then there are the dump truck drivers that would update status and follow thru with puco police and so on... something to think about!
johnyb1

POSTER_ID:16888200

Send a message

Post by TANKER_YANKER
Weigh Station and Rest Area Icons would be nice for Truck Drivers.
TANKER_YANKER
Send a message

Post by rockviolao22
Os caminhoneiros serão os maiores pontuadores! hehehe :lol: :lol:
rockviolao22
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
Edward50095 wrote:Actually, we get far too much "help". Don't need it or want it. Just want to know how to get from point A to point B. Any more "help", and I'm chunking this navigator.
I don't want to seem rude or something but you're whining on this forum for months now. Just drop it if you don't like it...
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/Waze_signature_AM_only.png

Post by MoodZy
AnnaBoley wrote:Wow, so many misinformed 4 wheelers. An option to turn on truck routing and notifications on top of the general notifications would be ideal. I've been driving a dump truck for 15 years now and I still don't know every low bridge or no through truck street in Northern VA. The majority of warning signs are posted to late to make it easy to turn around a large vehicle and most certainly to late to make major route changes without backtracking :P Unfortunately most of my deliveries take me in places far off the highway into areas that are really not truck friendly and it would be nice to have an option of finding the best way in and out BEFORE driving around the suburbs. And nowadays it seems most truckers just keep their CB off to avoid the noise (if they have one at all)
That was the point of my message. If it is possible for trucks to have specific truck announcements without annoying other drivers, why be against it. The more people drive with Waze, the more general information will be correct for everyone ! And truckers that drive a lot (more than most "normal" car drivers) can be a good help with that !
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

Post by MoodZy
Edward50095 wrote:
Marcus_white wrote:And the ability to add location of and direction of loading docks... I was just thinking about that this morning.
This and the last post about "weigh station and rest area icons" .... no, I'd say just use WAZE at it is. And I really don't, as a passenger vehicle driver, want to hear audibles that pertain to OTR tractor trailer drivers.

Truck scales have signs on the road ahead of them indicating whether they are open or not. And I know you would not be trying to avoid an open scale. More and more we are going to "weigh in motion" scales. Loading dock specifications are of no interest to the vast majority of WAZERS.

WAZE is basically to get you from point to point b
Well, even if I'm no truck driver (and probably will never be) I can understand why they are asking this and I think it could be good having this on the map (at least specific announcements like weight stations etc.). BUT it has to be linked to an option in the client where you can state if you are a truck driver and want these updates or not. There are already a lot of screen messages for everyone and people do not especially need more of them certainly if they are not useful to him ;)
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Marcus_white
Well, I'm not sure what the consensus is for the majority of wazers, especially since I've only used it for a month, but I definitely think truck drivers could use it. If they are better informed about road conditions, then we have safer roads. If it isn't suited for EVERYONE that drives, then we all suffer for its short comings.
Marcus_white
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by Marcus_white
And the ability to add location of and direction of loading docks... I was just thinking about that this morning.
Marcus_white
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message