These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Forced Nav, when will we get to turn it off ?

Post by SpineDoc7
So several months ago Waze took away the ability to turn off the forced navigation every time you switched on Waze. I like to use Waze constantly when driving, primarily to help out the crowdsourcing as I'm very active when it comes to uploading events, and I also enjoy the crowdsourced police alerts.

But come on, every single freakin time I get into my car and turn Waze on I have to sit there and wait for the forced navigation and turn it off. It's not a feature I want, it's incredibly annoying. There are days when I get into my car to drive somewhere 6-10 times a day, and every single time I have to deal with this. It's not like I find the navigation very precise anyhow, I mostly just like the crowdsourced stuff and to have it on while driving, I kind of gave up on the navigation in favor or more accurate solutions a while ago.

I know these aren't forums where the devs frequent, but when they took away the toggle I thought I remember users saying they were doing it temporarily to collect data and would eventually enable it back. Well it's months later and haven't heard anything, does anyone have any info on what will happen with this feature?
SpineDoc7

POSTER_ID:14508718

Send a message

Post by CBenson
There is now an option here on the dashboard on the website. But reports are that its not effective.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by SpineDoc7
CBenson wrote:There is now an option here on the dashboard on the website. But reports are that its not effective.
Thank you for the link. I checked it off, I'm crossing my fingers that it works.
SpineDoc7
Send a message