Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze App is marking my screen

Post by diego__pereira
I would like to report a problem on the waze app for Windows Phone (I don't know if it is only on the WP version)
Since it was released for WP I use the app daily and I spend some considerable time with the app on. Last week I noticed that the app icons (the ones on the bottom of the main app screen) is marking permanently my screen. What I mean is: I can slightly see these app icon when I'm on others apps because the Waze app is marking permanently the bottom of my screen.
I don't know if it's happening because of the heat when the app is running or if these icons keeps staticaly for long periods "killing" theses pixels on the screen (or both).
I think a good solution for this situation is to hide these icons keeping all the screen dynamic (no static field).
Anyway I'm giving this feedback because I reduced drastically the time that I use the app because I'm afraid to get thing worse (I'm almosto not using it). It think if people start to discover that this is happening to then too will be bad. But I really like this app, so I wait some changes.
I'm using the Windows Phone version on a Nokia Lumia 1020.

Keep the good work.
diego__pereira

POSTER_ID:16848082

Send a message

Post by cklee1688
When you are navigating, you could turn off your screen and have voice navigation. I have been using this extensively on my nexus 5, and have not seen any screen burn.
cklee1688
Send a message

Post by Daknife
Turn down the brightness of the screen if you can when driving. Also consider changing your color scheme periodically.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by John_Sey
whyrice wrote:When you are navigating, you could turn off your screen and have voice navigation. I have been using this extensively on my nexus 5, and have not seen any screen burn.
Nexus 5 has a LCD screen (not AMOLED) which won't suffer this issue anyway :-)
John_Sey
Send a message

Post by MoodZy
This "burning screen" is an AMOLED problem (a bit similar to plasma screen problems) that are used by Samsung (eg. Galaxy S3-S4-S5) and sometimes by Nokia (eg. Lumia 1020, Lumia 928...) and other manufacturers (old Nexus phones built by Samsung, Blackberry Q10 & Z30, etc.). Phones with an LCD screen (Nexus 5, LG phones, Sony phones etc.) will have no problem staying a on a long time with the same image on it.
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/Waze_signature_AM_only.png

Post by nzahn1
This is the first I've heard of burn in on any phone. You might contact the manufacturer.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by zestybonanza
I had this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4 which has an AMOLED screen. I read that AMOLED cannot fix screen burn-in. The top part of the screen where Waze shows a rectangle with the next turn and street name was leaving a burn-in or ghost mark on my screen. I ended up exchanging my phone under warranty.
zestybonanza
Send a message