These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Crashing on Fonepad Note 6

Post by brotsalami
Dear Waze Community,

after using Waze on my Asus Fonepad Note 6 fpr several month without problem, now the app crashes frequently directly after start. Only a fresh installation solves this issue for some time, but then it reappears again.
It seems to be connected to the network connection as the app doesn't crash, when my phone is "offline".

I have tried multiple versions, but all of them show the problem.

It is really weird as this problem jsut started out of the blue. there was no Android update or Waze update, before this happened.

the next step will be to reset the Fonepad, but before I do that, I wanted to ask for some help here.

So anybody any ideas?

i know that some other have the same problem, based on the Waze reviews on the playstore.

Thanks for any feedback

Edit:
just trembled about this thread. This describes exactly the same problem on another phone

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84737

Edit2:

Downloaded Beta Waze 3.7.9.907 and at least the app didn't crash directly after start and i could start a routing.
brotsalami

POSTER_ID:16902466

Send a message

Post by brotsalami
looks like Beta Waze 3.7.9.907 is solving the problem. No crash since I installed it.
brotsalami
Send a message

Post by wolfsbane2k
Glad to hear it, was about to point you to that thread.
wolfsbane2k
Send a message
Mondeo Driver, lurking somewhere on the M27 but no longer editing.