These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Discrepancies in km logging and score

Post by TakoWays
Hi all,

using waze since a couple weeks, just noticed a few glitches:

- Many (hundred) km's are missing: this week I've travelled almost 600 km, as usual, but the web interface for my profile only shows 54.5km (!)
I do know that portions of the highways I routinely use have bad signal reception (both GPS and 3G) because of tunnels, and I place some calls while driving, but losing about 90% of the mileage sounds weird.

- Discrepancy in score between device(s) and web interface: I appear to have scored 185 points on my device(s) so far, whereas the web interface shows 360 points for my profile as of now.
Note: my devices always report a score of 185, and it doesn't increase any more...

I'm wondering if my using the same profile alternatively on two different devices (Y300 and Nexus7) may have something to do with that weird behavior... :)

Thanks for any hints!

Italy, Huawei Y300 (Android 4.1.1) + Nexus 7 (Android 4.4.x), Waze 3.7.8.0
TakoWays

POSTER_ID:16931483

Send a message

Post by DavidAbarca
The client and the web are not always in sync, sometimes your device will have more, right now points haven't been updated because of server maintenance, give it a couple of days and you will have all your points and drives

Sent from my iPad using Tap
DavidAbarca
Experts
Experts
Send a message
Just another service provided by your friendly neighborhood Global Waze Champ

iPhone 14
Waze Beta Last Version

Post by TakoWays
Some days afterwards, I'm still convinced something doesn't work as it should between the client and web interface...

Now I have circa 1600 points on the client (still apparently not being updated since one week or so) while the web interface shows a score of approx 2700... But if I try and edit a map, the available points for editing are still the same as on the client. Duh.

Further to that, some long drives (200+ km each) appear to be lost, both in the mileage count and when visualising my drives in the map edit area. Which BTW now shows in miles, instead of the usual km.
Funny thing is, some drives immediately before or after those long drives do show! Go figure...

I'm a bit at a loss, here... is all of the above "normal", so to speak, or should I perhaps re-install my client (losing the favorites in the process!)? Or simply accept that the client/server software is indeed malfunctioning, and just use it for navigating around? :-D

Thanks!
TakoWays
Send a message

Post by TakoWays
LOL, it's been updated. Right now :o

I'm left wondering if it gets synced every time I post here in the forums, of if it's just a coincidence ;)

Who cares, it worked... Thank you anyway :)
TakoWays
Send a message